Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I expect we will never hear again about the involvement of the Saudi regime and PIF in the running of golf. It doesn't make for good copy and I doubt anyone really cares. It would only be an issue if the pros refused to play, which isn't going to happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s not really how that headline tries to make it sound tbh. It’s a private equity firm that manages a bunch of assets for the PiF, they’ll also manage a lot on behalf of others, and the PiF will have a load of assets managed by other PE firms. They want to grow the Saudi league, Chelsea have a lot of big names they want rid of,  and they clearly have worked with Clearlake and Boehly outside of those player deals so they see an opportunity that benefits both. The way some of the media is trying to make out that the PiF have some big investment in Chelsea, and are helping them get around FFP is a bit absurd iyam. Not that I expect any better from the media lot these days mind. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Well I suppose it doesn’t involve a bonesaw so we should be thankful for that.Appears to me that PIF are facilitating financial help for a direct rival of NUFC though. That’s not a great look…..

Aye, totally agree it’s no good for us. Sad reality is they have goals, and plans other than just NUFC. Shame it helps Chelsea but I have faith that Boehly and his crew of jokers will fuck it up anyway. 

Edited by Howay

Saw a decent point made earlier in regards to the players moving to Saudi this summer, quite a lot of them make up some of the most high profile Muslim players in the world which will make them SUPER popular in Saudi.

Kante, Koulibaly, Benzema, Ziyech and Mendy. Saw a report (who knows how accurate) that they've also made contact with Liverpool about Salah. It just so happens that Chelsea are desperate to clear out players and happened to have a lot of Muslim players, it all sort of makes sense.

• Like 4

I was chatting to the dipper at work about Salah and if he would be happy for him to go. He said at £100m yes but no less. 

They'll loose him to AFCON again this year and he's another year older. But he still bagged 30+ goals for them last season so tricky. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I was chatting to the dipper at work about Salah and if he would be happy for him to go. He said at £100m yes but no less. 

They'll loose him to AFCON again this year and he's another year older. But he still bagged 30+ goals for them last season so tricky. 

I’d like them to get rid too. It worked so well with mane

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That interview is a little painful but nonetheless nice to see him involved :lol:

Painful for a mackem listening to him say

'show me the mother fucking money' 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

That interview is a little painful but nonetheless nice to see him involved :lol:

I think the questions are getting a litte repititive and cumbersome. They seem to ask everyone the same thing over and over again, about the fans, the passion the city has for the club etc. I mean, its more than clear the owners have understood this and already used it in a good way.

Start with that sure but maybe ask a couple of inventive ones too. Whats the 5 year plan, how do you plan to market the club globally etc etc. Although I do get why you would want to play completely safe talking to MBS's right hand man (allegedly) :lol: 

38 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

I think the questions are getting a litte repititive and cumbersome. They seem to ask everyone the same thing over and over again, about the fans, the passion the city has for the club etc. I mean, its more than clear the owners have understood this and already used it in a good way.

Start with that sure but maybe ask a couple of inventive ones too. Whats the 5 year plan, how do you plan to market the club globally etc etc. Although I do get why you would want to play completely safe talking to MBS's right hand man (allegedly) :lol: 

And to make sure you keep your right hand, man

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...