Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

A couple of other things. Newcastle fans should hope that the group wanting to buy their club can pull things together by mid-February. They’re still at the table. And it’s not the Saudi’s. I was pleased when Steve Bruce cooled that nonsense. Well - it’s not the Saudi’s right now although it is fair to say they they’ve been ‘sniffing’ around.

From the old aged teen wolf himself, Richard Keys. So I'm pretty sure we can expect an announcement of the Saudi takeover being completed tomorrow.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

The thing is if the stadium was half full and we are playing dire football we wouldn't be on the TV as often, who wants to watch rubbish football in front of an empty stadium.   This would hurt the brand no doubt about it. Ashley would eventually sell up if this was the case.

But the individual game payments pale into insignificance compared with the guaranteed TV money? And knowing Ashley he would just close the SJH stand and fill the East stand for the cameras 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

But the individual game payments pale into insignificance compared with the guaranteed TV money? And knowing Ashley he would just close the SJH stand and fill the East stand for the cameras 

They're not insignificant. Watford for example finished two places above us but we got £10m more than them in TV fees.

Just now, ewerk said:

They're not insignificant. Watford for example finished two places above us but we got £10m more than them in TV fees.

Which is marginal when compared to the money coming into the club annually. Of course he would prefer an extra £10mil, but the argument that:

-Fans stop going 

-Atmosphere gets worse so we are on TV less

-Ashley takes a £10-20mil hit per season so decides to sell the club 

Doesn't add up. He'd just take the shortfall out of the transfer budget instead. 

I get why people are frustrated at a full ground and there's little else fans can do to try and effect change. But I'm only being a realist when I say I think it's a fruitless exercise. He's had shop protests, grillings by Parliament, people fronting him up in restaurants, panorama documentaries to name just a few things. I think Alex is right, it probably pisses him right off, and only increases his resolve to stick it out and show the fans just how nasty he can be. Which was a direct quote from Llambias iirc

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

From the old aged teen wolf himself, Richard Keys. So I'm pretty sure we can expect an announcement of the Saudi takeover being completed tomorrow.

I wouldn’t put it past the fat cunt though that he favours to sell to somebody else just to make his time of ownership not as shambolic as it has been.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If every wanker going to the match donated just £1 each then I reckon we could have him assassinated by the end of the week.

There should also be some spare money to open a pub!

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Is Dr. Gloom just Peter Graves under a pseudonym given he's just saying what Graves has already said on twitter and insta.

Not guilty :lol:

I don’t have new new info I can share on here now that hasn’t already been reported. All I can say is I heard the offer is genuine, Ashley apparently really does want to sell, which I previously found hard to believe, but he could also still quite easily find a new way to fuck it all up. 

i appreciate that as far as ITK goes, I’m not offering much substance so feel free to ignore me but I believe there is now a genuine chance it might happen. I didn’t when the journal first broke the story. 

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Which is marginal when compared to the money coming into the club annually. Of course he would prefer an extra £10mil, but the argument that:

-Fans stop going 

-Atmosphere gets worse so we are on TV less

-Ashley takes a £10-20mil hit per season so decides to sell the club 

Doesn't add up. He'd just take the shortfall out of the transfer budget instead. 

I get why people are frustrated at a full ground and there's little else fans can do to try and effect change. But I'm only being a realist when I say I think it's a fruitless exercise. He's had shop protests, grillings by Parliament, people fronting him up in restaurants, panorama documentaries to name just a few things. I think Alex is right, it probably pisses him right off, and only increases his resolve to stick it out and show the fans just how nasty he can be. Which was a direct quote from Llambias iirc

I mean it's become so toxic that he's having to fully rebrand Sports Direct. But enough facts.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i appreciate that as far as ITK goes, I’m not offering much substance so feel free to ignore me but I believe there is now a genuine chance it might happen. I didn’t when the journal first broke the story. 

I want to ignore you because I don’t want to get my hopes up but I can’t because I’ve gotten my hopes up :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official