Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Do we actually know that this is a Man City moment? I don't think we're that lucky. I mean I'm fine with us just losing Ashley, that's enough for me, but if the signs are there that it's more than that, it's going to be pretty special. 

Why else would the PIF be involved? 

They certainly wouldn’t be doing it to make a profit. And continuing to run the club as PL fodder wouldn’t do their public image any good. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

We are set to become much, much wealthier than Man City. 

So this is almost certain then to be the exact  moment Uefa starts to properly enforce its financial fair play regulations and the premier league introduces a draft system. 

As Howay said yesterday, UEFA could be set to relax FFP for a couple of seasons to help clubs get over the impact of CV. This may be the perfect time to go on a spending spree.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

As Howay said yesterday, UEFA could be set to relax FFP for a couple of seasons to help clubs get over the impact of CV. This may be the perfect time to go on a spending spree.

i was joking. we are set to become the richest club in world football and governing bodies don't have a particularly clean record when it comes to dirty cash. just knowing us, it is bound to go tits up somehow. 

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They'll have to do something, because I can't see any events where thousands cram together happening for a very, very, long time. Certainly not in time to end this/start a new season.

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

And they are definitely substantially involved? Why do they need the Reubens?

Well that will need explaining. IIRC they were attached to Stavely's previous attempts to buy so the Saudis have maybe just accepted that and don't mind them having a minority stake.

There was also talk that the Saudis wanted a regeneration scheme in the city similar to what Man City did. In that case the Reuben's experience in property would be very handy.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well that will need explaining. IIRC they were attached to Stavely's previous attempts to buy so the Saudis have maybe just accepted that and don't mind them having a minority stake.

There was also talk that the Saudis wanted a regeneration scheme in the city similar to what Man City did. In that case the Reuben's experience in property would be very handy.

That's fair enough, would indeed make sense.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official