Welcome to Toontastic

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Mighty Hog

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

492 posts in this topic

well all that statement has done is confirm something we already knew. i was hoping it might be something more concrete. 

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

The bit about deferring payments is a big bit of news though.

Aye, I wonder what the reasoning is behind that.  Can't think Ashley is doing something just so that it might benefit the club.

The club's in the healthiest position it has been for years, will be interesting to see who fancies taking the club onto the next level. Something tells me the Chinese will want a piece.

If you have to pay off a Ferrari in monthly payments over 10 years then you shouldn't be driving a Ferrari. If you catch my drift 

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Nothing has changed really though, this is just free advertising for Ashley. I see it like a posh gumtree.

yeah, i'm not getting carried away just yet. we've been down this path before. i think it's been obvious for a while that he'd be up for selling up. the question it whether there is a buyer out there that will match his valuation.

The fact that they're putting it out there and putting a time frame on it suggests it's something more concrete than the usual rumours.  Whether or not his price still puts people off remains to be seen.  

Prob needs to sell some more season tickets, the perfect xmas gift with the club going to be sold

then

imagine: that cunt out by christmas and rafa signing a four year extension with a £500m war chest to spend in January 

This statement designed to pressure some hedge fund wankers or summat.  Anyway, glimmer of hope returns that we could have a go again.  I'll take it.  

:lol:

Having just read through the Barry Moat takeover thread (Thanks Alex), can I suggest this thread is now looked. Don’t do it to yourselves :lol:

How long ago was it he was trying to tell us that he wasn’t for selling until we’d won something?

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How long ago was it he was trying to tell us that he wasn’t for selling until we’d won something?

Or if someone came along with another zero on their wealth? Exactly the sort of person who needs to buy the club on tick.

Edited by ewerk

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Or if someone came along with another zero on their wealth? Exactly the sort of person who needs to buy the club on tick.

:lol: yeah, that line smacks a bit of desperation. Like he's tying to flog the club to a snack head 

Edited by Dr Gloom

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: yeah, that line smacks a bit of desperation. Like he's tying to flog the club to a snack head 

CT?

I meant smack head. We all know bong is his illegal substance of choice 

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Won the Championship so maybe he classes that as winning silverware. 

Don’t know how to view this tbh, could be a plus as he’s officially saying he wants to sell, or it could be seen in a negative light as he had already made potential buyers sign a non-disclosure agreement so did they pass on the opportunity and now he’s howling it in public? Whatever, just hope he does fuck off.