Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The cynic in me suggests he hasn't had any serious interest if he resorting to touting the club in the media

Aye

We will still be stuck with the fat fucker this time next season

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

If only NUSC had bought that pub :(

Ashleys offering the club on HP. 

50,000 fans - £20 a year for 4 years and we own it.

So it was you who was responsible for the calculation of Britains accounts...

• Like 2

If there was concrete interest from Staveley/other investors, that statement wouldn't have materialised. Praying it's not a fad that turns out to be Ashley's excuse to not spend in January. If we don't have new owners by around about the Swansea home game (13th Jan) then I'll start worrying for Rafa's position again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

If there was concrete interest from Staveley/other investors, that statement wouldn't have materialised. Praying it's not a fad that turns out to be Ashley's excuse to not spend in January. If we don't have new owners by around about the Swansea home game (13th Jan) then I'll start worrying for Rafa's position again.

I’m not so sure. He could have an interested party but wants to smoke out further interest to drive the price up.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m not so sure. He could have an interested party but wants to smoke out further interest to drive the price up.

It's either a shrewd move to stoke up a bidding war or a sign of desperation. 

Really doubt this will go anywhere. Ashley will price anyone out, continue to milk the cash cow and then tell us he's still trying to sell in January when everyone is calling for a boycott for refusing to release some transfer cash. 

I hate being cynical, like. "Ashley's not leaving, he's doing this, he's doing that" etc. It gets boring, making it out like he's here till he dies. It's nice to have hope. Praying there'll be something concrete around about Saturday in terms of an interested party, like Staveley being at the game. Just something, pls.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Hasn’t Ashley said that if a deal isn’t done by Christmas that the club will continue to invest in January? At least that’s what they were saying on SSN earlier.

The statement in February:

Ongoing negotiations unfortunately restricted us in doing any transfer business.

As the window has now closed and a sale could not get agreed it is with great regret that we have to take the club off the market again to pick up next season‘s tv money.

sorry, Rafa.

2 hours ago, Leon said:

THe club will be for sale but he'll hold onto NUFC direct so the new owners will make pennies from the merchandise while Ashley will continue to make money without being the owner.

Only someone like him would fail to do that sort of due diligence :) 

• Like 1

Wasn't there some ridiculous statement put out back in 2008 or 2009 when he first tried to sell the club? Can't remember what it said exactly other than it being proper amateur hour 

Edited by Dr Gloom

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official