Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

38 minutes ago, Craig said:

I met Colin Murray in February and had a long conversation about NUFC. Made his feelings about Mike Ashley very clear :icon_lol:

Not sure why, but he's more than fair when it comes to NUFC and the supporters. Heard a good show he did where he invited opinions on the NUFC/situation from his guests, heard them out then dismantled them one by one quite deftly and with facts that most other media people simply don't bother their arses to research. Also heard a podcast of his with Keith Gillespie which was a canny listen. :good:

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I said I don't really read them, as in generally. Referring more to your mundane essays than your snappier posts

Well, this has been thoroughly worth while for the both of us then... 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Alex said:

She looks more high maintenance than that Russian bint who thought combining poledancing with hanging out the side of a fast moving car was a good idea.

Looks like she's just been on the key. /Fish

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Not sure why, but he's more than fair when it comes to NUFC and the supporters. Heard a good show he did where he invited opinions on the NUFC/situation from his guests, heard them out then dismantled them one by one quite deftly and with facts that most other media people simply don't bother their arses to research. Also heard a podcast of his with Keith Gillespie which was a canny listen. :good:

Aye, I vaguely remember that too.

44 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Couple of reasons; 

I don't think we'll get a Man City type takeover, more likely to be a wealthy investor that propels us into the top 6 or 7 spots.

Even if we did get a Man City type takeover, we'd be joining a group of 4 clubs going for the title and everyone else has a headstart on us, so it would be years of heavy investment to get there. I mean Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd have spent £1bn on players since 2003. We'd be stymied by a combination of their existing strength, FFP and so on.

point one - that's your hunch but it's pure speculation. nobody knows what we'll end up with.

point two - perhaps, but we already have a world class manager who has won trophies pretty much everywhere he's been and at clubs like liverpool and valencia, who competed with clubs with bigger budgets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

point one - that's your hunch but it's pure speculation. nobody knows what we'll end up with.

point two - perhaps, but we already have a world class manager who has won trophies pretty much everywhere he's been and at clubs like liverpool and valencia, who competed with clubs with bigger budgets. 

He doesn't rate Rafa remember. :D

I see “Rich Energy” has said that this is 100% NOT happening. You dig deeper and see that, surprise surprise, Steve Wraith is an “ambassador” for them and is currently using Rob Lee’s Twitter account (that he runs) to get some extra eyes on this place he’s...ambassadoring. What a twat.

56 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I see “Rich Energy” has said that this is 100% NOT happening. You dig deeper and see that, surprise surprise, Steve Wraith is an “ambassador” for them and is currently using Rob Lee’s Twitter account (that he runs) to get some extra eyes on this place he’s...ambassadoring. What a twat.

Aye, it's about as subtle as you'd imagine. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Aye but what's honestly more likely? the Maktoums taking us over and flooding the coffers with £1bn worth of playing staff, or something more modest?

Those top clubs already have top managers too. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

He's a definite Liverpool fan and told me as much. It was an awards ceremony where he was the compare and said he absolutely loves the Geordies and they deserve so much better! 

Left his job at Talksport as he refused to work for a company owned by Murdoch. Seems like a decent lad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Left his job at Talksport as he refused to work for a company owned by Murdoch. Seems like a decent lad.

Never really minded him on MOTD2, but others seemed to fucking hate him. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Never really minded him on MOTD2, but others seemed to fucking hate him. 

Probably the accent that put some off, so it was. ;)

I don't mind him at all which is a big compliment these days with some of the knackers, gimps and arseholes polluting our football shows.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I used to enjoy him on TalkSport.  he was the only show I really listened to.

Some of his podcasts are good too.  Seems a decent lad.

Sharing an express article, who are you, CT in disguise?

£500m and the two players they link us with are Ben Afra and a £30m bid for Townsend.

Shame the saucy bint wasn't in the director's box again today.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sharing an express article, who are you, CT in disguise?

£500m and the two players they link us with are Ben Afra and a £30m bid for Townsend.

Southgate was an interesting spectator. Reckon Lascelles will get a call-up.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

She might not have been at the  match, but she was in the Toon, I seen her in the Bigg market bookies, she was putting an Ascot placepot on. 

Honestly  

On 2017-10-22 at 1:28 PM, Ant said:

.. and not offering him a life boat out ..

I wouldn't mind getting him back but only if we paid less than what it cost Palace to take him from us.  Does he have a relegation / transfer trigger this season?

Edited by Leon

t shrinks my liver, doesn't it, Alex?!  It pickles my kidneys, yes. But what does it do to my mind? It tosses the sandbags overboard so the balloon can soar. Suddenly, I'm above the ordinary. I'm competent, supremely competent. I'm walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls.  I'm one of the great ones. I'm Michelangelo, molding the beard of Moses.  I'm Van Gogh, painting pure sunlight.  I'm Horowitz, playing the Emperor Concerto.  I'm John Barrymore before the movies got him by the throat.  I'm Jesse James and his two brothers — all three of 'em.  I'm W. Shakespeare. And out there it's not Third Avenue any longer: it's the Nile, Alex, the Nile — and down it moves the barge of Cleopatra.

2 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

t shrinks my liver, doesn't it, Alex?!  It pickles my kidneys, yes. But what does it do to my mind? It tosses the sandbags overboard so the balloon can soar. Suddenly, I'm above the ordinary. I'm competent, supremely competent. I'm walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls.  I'm one of the great ones. I'm Michelangelo, molding the beard of Moses.  I'm Van Gogh, painting pure sunlight.  I'm Horowitz, playing the Emperor Concerto.  I'm John Barrymore before the movies got him by the throat.  I'm Jesse James and his two brothers — all three of 'em.  I'm W. Shakespeare. And out there it's not Third Avenue any longer: it's the Nile, Alex, the Nile — and down it moves the barge of Cleopatra.

Well I'm gobsmacked at the number of your personas. :huh:

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official