Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 minutes ago, trooper said:

Tbh if we lose another couple of games i think the £250 million bid will look like a very generous offer 

tbh, if we win another couple of games you'll think Ashley won't want to sell any more. You big negative nancy ;)

1 hour ago, trooper said:

I dont think he wants to sell really it's another one of his games thats whybhe's priced the club so high

What's the point of making announcements about wanting to sell? I could understand if it wasn't during the season, to get attention when there's no football on.

If she had immediately returned with an improved bid it would have looked desperate and he would, correctly, turn it down safe in the knowledge that he could probably extract more. 

She'll be waiting until closer to Christmas, when he wanted a deal by. Imo.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

I'm reading it could take a further 40 days once the deals accepted before PCP would be new owners. The reasons being further due diligence & approval by the football league. This must be why the 2 week deadline was mentioned at the begining of the week. if a deal was sorted today we'd be looking around the middle of January for the new owners taking over. Giving Rafa very little time for reinforcements 2 weeks later & the window closes,  Rafa would have very little to buy reinforcements probably having to sell to buy. The clock is ticking.

Just now, trooper said:

I'm reading it could take a further 40 days once the deals accepted before PCP would be new owners. The reasons being further due diligence & approval by the football league. This must be why the 2 week deadline was mentioned at the begining of the week. if a deal was sorted today we'd be looking around the middle of January for the new owners taking over. Giving Rafa very little time for reinforcements 2 weeks later & the window closes,  Rafa would have very little to buy reinforcements probably having to sell to buy. The clock is ticking.

There's little to stop the new owners giving Benitez cash to spend on players now, is there?

Well the deal wouldn't be finalised until the PL gives the go ahead so I can't see how new owners could give him any money until the everything is confirmed. Plus trying to get the PL to agree to anything over the Christmas period could be tricky.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Well the deal wouldn't be finalised until the PL gives the go ahead so I can't see how new owners could give him any money until the everything is confirmed. Plus trying to get the PL to agree to anything over the Christmas period could be tricky.

Hasn't that process begun? The fit and proper thingy?

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There's little to stop the new owners giving Benitez cash to spend on players now, is there?

My thinking is they'd have to get the league appproval before handing anything over

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Apparently they have to do another bit just what someone on N.O.s saying im not sure if its right 

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't know. I'd imagine that getting pre-approval would be the smart thing to do but don't know if it's possible.

If Rafa knew 100% that Staveley was deffo taking over he could have all his potential new signings ready to just sign their contracts. Medicals etc could be done in the knowledge the money was there.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

If Rafa knew 100% that Staveley was deffo taking over he could have all his potential new signings ready to just sign their contracts. Medicals etc could be done in the knowledge the money was there.

That doesnt seem likely. No-one's going to negotiate a transfer in the hope that the money's going to turn up at some point

9 minutes ago, Kitman said:

That doesnt seem likely. No-one's going to negotiate a transfer in the hope that the money's going to turn up at some point

Unless we're negotiating with the Tory government. 

giphy-1.gif

• Like 3

If thats  the case unless theres news next week you can pretty much write  the January window off as we all know Ashley's stance 

Edited by trooper

Best to err on the side of caution. Nothing concrete will be happening imminently. Jan window is shut.

Put yourself in Staveley's  shoes, or high heels, for a moment; Why would you pay more for a club that is a threat of relegation. Better to wait to see what happens and the pressure goes back to Ashley to sell.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official