Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

We know Staveley doesn't have the cash to buy us herself, let alone fund transfers, but there's zero info on who is backing her. 

Any chance shes the front woman woman for a sheikh/royal family member to keep their name out of the press?

Wishful thinking maybe but it's not too far fetched

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We know Staveley doesn't have the cash to buy us herself, let alone fund transfers, but there's zero info on who is backing her. 

Any chance shes the front woman woman for a sheikh/royal family member to keep their name out of the press?

More or less what she did for City isn’t it?

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It would make sense so as not to get fucked over by the price.

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’d heard a rumour that it was some Saudi Arabians that were wanting to compete with the growing influence Qatar and Dubai had in football. Absolutely fuck all backing that up mind. 

I thought I had heard that it was a Chinese group. There have been rumblings of China getting more heavily involved in the football world and ramping up these sorts of activities.

Personally don’t care who is backing as long as they open the wallet for transfers and aim to actually compete.

:nufc:

1 minute ago, Graing said:

I thought I had heard that it was a Chinese group. There have been rumblings of China getting more heavily involved in the football world and ramping up these sorts of activities.

Personally don’t care who is backing as long as they open the wallet for transfers and aim to actually compete.

:nufc:

Was there not some recent fear about the government getting tougher on Chinese money leaving China? I seem to remember something along those lines recently. 

Milan are also having a bit of bother with their new Chinese owners as well aren’t they? Neither question is aimed at you btw Graing. I’m firmly in the same camp that as long as they’re better than Ashley I’ll behappy for now. 

42 minutes ago, Howay said:

Was there not some recent fear about the government getting tougher on Chinese money leaving China? I seem to remember something along those lines recently. 

Milan are also having a bit of bother with their new Chinese owners as well aren’t they? Neither question is aimed at you btw Graing. I’m firmly in the same camp that as long as they’re better than Ashley I’ll behappy for now. 

I think that’s true, but as with acquisitions in the automotive industry, the Chinese government will be invested along with any prospective buyer or group of buyers. I imagine it would come down to risk/benefit analysis by some apparatchik in the government as to whether or not the government approves or even goes in on it.

Would rather it be an oil royal with a big ego and even bigger bank account.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I’d heard a rumour that it was some Saudi Arabians that were wanting to compete with the growing influence Qatar and Dubai had in football. Absolutely fuck all backing that up mind. 

Would be just our luck to get rid of someone vilified for using zero hour contracts in favour of someone who allows public executions :lol:

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official