Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

unfortunately, i am going to have to retract my bullish comments.

Feared as much.  

We're now relying on eberk for our positivity.

And @The Fish who's just positively insane.

1 hour ago, adios said:

Feared as much.  

We're now relying on eberk for our positivity.

And @The Fish who's just positively insane.

I'm just one of the few that doesn't flit from doom to rapture whenever Michael Martin tweets something.

No actually that's me. :razz: 

You are as positive as @trooper is negative.  Surely the feedback has given you that impression already.

Do you spend much time on #nufc as a matter of interest?

1 hour ago, adios said:

No actually that's me. :razz: 

You are as positive as @trooper is negative.  Surely the feedback has given you that impression already.

Do you spend much time on #nufc as a matter of interest?

I'm not that positive man. He's expecting the transfer not to happen, Benitez to walk, us to get docked points for tax evasion, a giant sinkhole to open and swallow the Gallowgate end, Shearer to be murdered by Gascoigne robbing us of two heroes, and Sunderland to be taken over by a free spending Carlos Slim.

I browse #NUFC on occasion but rarely contribute. use twitter for information gathering, bit of chat with the twitterati and my legions of adoring fans from the podcast listenership.

Edited by The Fish

the deal is now unlikely to go through before feb (when the new TV deal is announced), they're still haggling over price and stavely is fucked off that ashley's people leaked the news of a bid being close  - they see it as a desperate move to try to get more money out of her. the relegation clause is also causing consternation. stavely wants the money knocked off the asking price, which she would then repay to ashley if we stop up. ashley obviously wants it the other way around. 

he's also insisting on keeping the sports direct advertising all over the stadium after he sells up, for a period, where stavely quite rightly wants to attract new sponsors which will inject money into the club. 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the deal is now unlikely to go through before feb (when the new TV deal is announced), they're still haggling over price and stavely is fucked off that ashley's people leaked the news of a bid being close  - they see it as a desperate move to try to get more money out of her. the relegation clause is also causing consternation. stavely wants the money knocked off the asking price, which she would then repay to ashley if we stop up. ashley obviously wants it the other way around. 

he's also insisting on keeping the sports direct advertising all over the stadium after he sells up, for a period, where stavely quite rightly wants to attract new sponsors which will inject money into the club. 

Not as close as was first reported apparently the Chronicle are saying 65% of PCP (who ever they are)  think the club might be relegated this eeason 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is this from a different source which said it was definitely just a ploy by Staveley to buy Liverpool?

or the one at the top of the page where you said it was really close and money would be released for the transfer window.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm not that positive man. He's expecting the transfer not to happen, Benitez to walk, us to get docked points for tax evasion, a giant sinkhole to open and swallow the Gallowgate end, Shearer to be murdered by Gascoigne robbing us of two heroes, and Sunderland to be taken over by a free spending Carlos Slim.

I browse #NUFC on occasion but rarely contribute. use twitter for information gathering, bit of chat with the twitterati and my legions of adoring fans from the podcast listenership.

I just wondered because I accidentally wandered on there in the aftermath of the Leicester match and thought if anyone regularly perused this they'd think all Newcastle fans were screaming Armageddon all the time and it would taint their opinions of more rational fans.

As much as I am occasionally flabberghasted by post-match reactions on here, this was like the army of the dead learned to type.  People here 90% of the time are very sensible.

26 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Is this from a different source which said it was definitely just a ploy by Staveley to buy Liverpool?

or the one at the top of the page where you said it was really close and money would be released for the transfer window.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol:

I think you've misinterpreted that one troops.

"The team is now just a point above the relegation zone and, according to those familiar with the discussions, PCP has estimated that Newcastle has a 65 per cent chance of relegation.

Unless concessions are made soon, a deal may not be completed before the next transfer window closes in January, warned those familiar with the discussions, meaning that a new owner would need to wait until next season before investing in new players."

Dont think so Quiffy me old mate 

Edited by trooper

1 minute ago, trooper said:

The team is now just a point above the relegation zone and, according to those familiar with the discussions, PCP has estimated that Newcastle has a 65 per cent chance of relegation.

Unless concessions are made soon, a deal may not be completed before the next transfer window closes in January, warned those familiar with the discussions, meaning that a new owner would need to wait until next season before investing in new players. 

Dont think so Quiffy me old mate 

Read it man! A 65% chance of relegation isn't the same as 65% of PCP thinking we're getting relegated ;)

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

The source who told me it was close is the one who is now saying otherwise. The Liverpool line was from someone else.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the relegation clause is also causing consternation. stavely wants the money knocked off the asking price, which she would then repay to ashley if we stop up. ashley obviously wants it the other way around. 

Half now, half on avoiding relegation.

Piece of piss this high finance malarkey.  

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official