Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Chill the fuck out, man. He will know. He'll happily let selling/parent clubs think we are operating on a tight budget.

I didnt expect him to say how much he had but i did expect him to say he knew what budget he had. 

Also put a bit more pressure on Ashley "Wants all transfers done by January 20th has confidence Ashley will do what we need to stay in the Premier League"

Edited by trooper

3 hours ago, heatonrifles said:

Yeah, know someone who worked closely with him who did say he can throw his toys out the pram now and again, and perhaps the flag thing was an overreaction, but I reckon he’s a well meaning fella.

always struck me as a voice of reason and has never sought to draw attention to himself that much.

id rather see him as some sort of fans ‘rep’ than, say, the likes of wraith.

one o them innit 

Michael, is that you ?

• Like 1

This from The Sun who also had the exclusive on the "Curry House" meeting...

Mike Ashley and Amanda Staveley have hit a £50million wall which threatens the takeover of Newcastle.

Toon owner Ashley appeared close to agreeing a deal to sell the club to Staveley earlier this month.

But the two parties are at an impasse over the sale price — with Ashley refusing to sell for less than £300m and Staveley yet to bid more than £250m.

Now there are fears the takeover could be dead if neither side budges — with Staveley also wanting clauses written in to the deal covering relegation.

Staveley wants boss Rafa Benitez but is also concerned he could go at the end of the season if a deal is not done by then.

Ashley met Yorkshirewoman Staveley, who runs private equity fund PCP Capital Partners, for talks at a London curry house at the start of December, as we exclusively revealed.’

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Fat Mikes media mates trying to crank up fan anxiety to up the pressure on Stavers?

I reckon he's met his match & some with Amanda to coin a phrase "The Lady's Not For Turning"

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Our best chance of staying up is them bankrolling January... he's between a rock and a hard place.

I'm sure there was something in an article last week to say that wont happen it's all down to Ashley gulp

This from todays Chronicle ...

It is understood that the Premier League has also yet to begin conducting a ‘fit and proper person test’, Such a process can take weeks, and would need to occur before the Premier League could ratify any new ownership of the Magpies.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official