Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I said it early on and was fine. I guess people don't like you ;)

Whatever Nazi-boy. I am loved, LOVED, on here and wherever else I share my enlightening wisdom. 

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

How do we know PCP are an investment fund or looking to make money

What Bloomberg says;

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=50176405

PCP Capital Partners LLP provides investment banking and financial advisory services. The firm provides mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity private placements, restructuring, and investment advisory services. PCP Capital Partners LLP was founded in 2005 and is based in London, United Kingdom

3 hours ago, trooper said:

Ashley's clearly not interested in the deal still on the table.

Maybe he hasn't actually read the offer, this would make sense if it was the same table the curry was on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Provides acquisitions... doesn't sound like we can be sure of who they are or discount the possibility that they're acquiring for someone stupid rich.

Can't discount it, no. But surely if the difference was £50m (as reported) a stupidly rich buyer would have been more likely to acquiesce to Ashley's demands, as it'd be a drop in the ocean for them?

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Can't discount it, no. But surely if the difference was £50m (as reported) a stupidly rich buyer would have been more likely to acquiesce to Ashley's demands, as it'd be a drop in the ocean for them?

Don't agree with that. Look at City's stance on Sanchez for example. Why would they submit to Ashley when they know they hold all the cards?

Really bad comparison that.

Man City have a legion of stars, aren't in any rush and know the player has forced a move. Newcastle United can't force Ashley to sell it, Ashley is content enough to hold onto the club until his ridiculous valuation is met (it won't be) so he's in no rush either.

I don't think they do hold all the cards really. Ashley does, unfortunately.

Just now, The Fish said:

Really bad comparison that.

Man City have a legion of stars, aren't in any rush and know the player has forced a move. Newcastle United can't force Ashley to sell it, Ashley is content enough to hold onto the club until his ridiculous valuation is met (it won't be) so he's in no rush either.

I don't think they do hold all the cards really. Ashley does, unfortunately.

It's not a bad comparison. They want the player but are going to miss out because they don't want their pants taking down even though the money is a drop in the ocean.

If whoever is bidding for us knows that by making Ashley sweat for a couple of month on relegation and the prospect of having to spend they can save 50m then yes theyll do it no matter how rich they are

why overpay now and risk relegation when you can buy in the summer and save the cashola to invest in the team? ashley is the one who is sweating, as another relegation is on him. i wouldn't be surprised if he sanctions a few panic buys/loans in the next few days. 

stavely is sitting back, waiting to see if we stop up, before returning with an offer closer what that ashley wants. 

It's alright lads. Dennis Wise has chipped in with some reassuring news that Mike Ashley is reluctant to sell because he only wants to sell to a buyer that is going to take the club forward and not sell to a buyer that is only coming in to make a quick buck from the next TV deal money.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/newcastle-united/11211758/ashley-wont-sell-to-just-anyone

That's a relief. We wouldn't want anyone like that.

21 minutes ago, Jintsay said:

It's alright lads. Dennis Wise has chipped in with some reassuring news that Mike Ashley is reluctant to sell because he only wants to sell to a buyer that is going to take the club forward and not sell to a buyer that is only coming in to make a quick buck from the next TV deal money.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/newcastle-united/11211758/ashley-wont-sell-to-just-anyone

That's a relief. We wouldn't want anyone like that.

What a snivelling little cunt he is!

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

That Reuben family have the sort of wealth you need to transform a football club today. How much of the deal they’d be financing,or whether they’d return with more backing if pcp make another bid, I don’t know. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I know they're very wealthy but if they're only part of the consortium then they're not going to fund it all themselves. You might get everyone agreeing to put in £100m total for transfers to begin but if someone decides a year or two down the line not to do that then you run into problems.

But I suppose it's no worse than we are now with an owner not willing to put a penny into playing staff in his entire tenure.

52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

That Reuben family have the sort of wealth you need to transform a football club today. How much of the deal they’d be financing,or whether they’d return with more backing of pcp make another bid, I don’t know. 

Well thats that then fanks Mike

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official