Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Graham. Derek Carr is a pigment of my imagination :)

Ah, right :lol: Assumed it was some obvious nickname that only I was unaware of.

Rafa Benitez on the takeover.

Ashley told me the takeover (with PCP) would not go through, that was 2-3 weeks ago. But he told me we would work together to try & get players in the transfer window. We have targets & we are trying to progress

Rafa Benitez on transfers

Mike Ashley has a list of names.

He has the names & targets & he told me he would try to do something. We are looking to bring in anyone who is good enough to improve us, permanent or loan. It was positive.

Rafa Benitez on his future

Does the takeover or lack of it, impact on it?

My future is tomorrow against #MCFC, that is it. Football is football, but I am not thinking about that

Rafa on Lennon: “There are a lot of names. In two hours there will be another. So we don’t mention names.

Rafa Benitez on Amanda Staveley

The financier said Rafa Benitez was key to any deal.

Fine, but my focus is on the here & now

Rafa Benitez on transfers

Nothing happening with one day until his self-imposed deadline.

We are in the situation. Nothing coming in or going out.

It’s getting worse literally every hour.

If a deal with PCP was dead to Ashley already 2-3 weeks ago he should have told the bidder then and not waiting until the second half of the transfer window. It is also the same disgusting antics of not informing the other side of your decision he has done a few times in the past, namely the non-appointment of Shearer. It is too ridiculous and stupid to call it a tactic tbh.

Also, if it has been clear that the future of the club is his own responsibility for some time then the lack of transfer activity and lack of clarity in regards to funds to the manager is morally criminal.

I thought I would never wish ill to a person, but I am on the brink of it.

Edited by Isegrim

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

It’s getting worse literally every hour.

If a deal with PCP was dead to Ashley already 2-3 weeks ago he should have told the bidder then and not waiting until the second half of the transfer window. It is also the same disgusting antics of not informing the other side of your decision he has done a few times in the past, namely the non-appointment of Shearer. It is too ridiculous and stupid to call it a tactic tbh.

Also, if it has been clear that the future of the club is his own responsibility for some time then the lack of transfer activity and lack of clarity in regards to funds to the manager is morally criminal.

I thought I would never wish ill to a person, but I am on the brink of it.

Fuck that. I hope he dies, choking on his own puke 

Question is; Who is the big fibber?

(1) Staveley, who says a bid is still on the table.

(2) Ashley, who says there's never been a bid on the table.

After the tumult and shouting dies, the King and his compatriots won't depart.

I don't know what valuation Ashley has placed on the Club, and he seems to be unbending.

If we are relegated for the third time during his reign, he'll certainly have to change his valuation.

I’m not convinced on Staveley like. Apparently some of her cash was coming from the Rueben brothers who have since pulled the money. Why are multiple millionaires/billionaires funding this unless they expect to get a return on their money?

She’s said it will be run like a business, but the Reubens have deep pockets. Staveley herself is a millionaire, not a billionaire. The Reubens have also invested loads in Newcastle already. And let’s be frank, anything is better than Ashley 

Edited by Dr Gloom

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

She’s said it will be run like a business, but the Reubens have deep pockets. Staveley hwrselfnis a millionaire, not a billionaire. The Reubens have also invested loads in Newcastle already. And let’s be frank, anything is better than Ashley 

She said something about sovereign wealth too. The business line might just to keep prices down ;) anyway the only viable way to grow the club as a business is to assemble a mint side

3 hours ago, adios said:

I'm not sure I give a fuck at this point which division it is if Ashley stays.

Well I give a fuck.  In the Premier League I get to view all Newcastle games live on TV or PC streams.

In the Championship maybe two or three if I'm lucky.

• Haha 1

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-14175149

Ashley will not sell to Staveley. There is now no room for negotiation as far as the Newcastle owner is concerned. He has become increasingly annoyed by her tactics, which included turning up at a London curry house when he was out with his wife and then being photographed as she left.

It's never happening now he's accused them of being time wasters, liars & now a stalker 

2 hours ago, trooper said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfer-news-live-14175149

Ashley will not sell to Staveley. There is now no room for negotiation as far as the Newcastle owner is concerned. He has become increasingly annoyed by her tactics, which included turning up at a London curry house when he was out with his wife and then being photographed as she left.

It's never happening now he's accused them of being time wasters, liars & now a stalker 

The deal is still on man, chill oot 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official