Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

31 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The deal is still on man, chill oot 

Yeah if we stay up he'll probably sell for 300mill in the summer. This week has frankly been one pile of horseshit after another and anyone taking it literally is fuckin crackers :cuppa:

The last I heard was that Staveley is still optimistic it can happen. That was last week, before the recent back and forth in the media, but Staveley is quoted saying as much again this week. 

I’d take Ashley’s comments with a pinch of salt too. He still wants to sell, she still wants to buy. But he wants more money and she won’t pay what he wants while relegation is still a genuine threat. It hinges on the tv deal and whether we stop up. Doesn’t mean it’s dead though. Not yet, at least.

Big couple of weeks for us coming up in the transfer market, if we get in a player or two capable of helping us stay up, it could completely reshape the future of the club. Conversely, we could be looking at a third relegation under Ashley and no takeover.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I do not take anything Ashley comes out with with a pinch of salt but as a probable lie.

That is why am not sure he really is looking to sell the club if not for obscene money. Otherwise he would have accepted one of the offers or actively tried to get a deal one.

it is the same as ever he pretended to do something in the interest of the club, fans manager then waits for everything to fade out.

Whatever happened to his promise to increase working conditions at Sportsdirect? Has there really been some significant change? I doubt so.

He won’t sell it on the cheap, that is clear, and it could scupper the deal, assuming he genuinely does want to sell. But, like you say, who the fuck knows what his real intentions are?

But the events of the last week don’t mean that Ashley is any less likely to sell, or that the deal with Staveley is off. 

I am not so sure. I consider it as probably the first step of retraction because he couldn’t find someone paying the price he wanted. But of course it isn’t his fault because all his intentions were good but the other side not making a bid ... err ... not making a bid without clauses ... err ... being nasty and not letting him enjoy a cheap curry on his own.

And btw

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/05/sports-direct-fails-2016-pledge-zero-hours-shirebrook-mike-ashley

The man is a cunt, he absolutely does not have the clubs interest at heart and has no intention of selling unless he gets a mental offer way above the clubs value. The parasite could sell at a minor profit and still feel as though he's came out on top with other substantial spin off benefits but no, not Mike Ashley. I could honestly never tire of hitting his apologists and lickspittle media friends never mind jabba himself. He's ruined a decade at the club and I feel for anyone who can't remember a NUFC where he hasn't been around. I'm a working class bloke in a sometimes shit job. I'm the epitome of the stereotype who lives for the weekend for his football club and it would be great if you could just give it up till he fucks off, (I've done it before), but the reality is you still care, you still watch games albeit on TV, it still pisses you off. He can either sell up or die of a heart attack, I'm easy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

The man is a cunt, he absolutely does not have the clubs interest at heart and has no intention of selling unless he gets a mental offer way above the clubs value. The parasite could sell at a minor profit and still feel as though he's came out on top with other substantial spin off benefits but no, not Mike Ashley. I could honestly never tire of hitting his apologists and lickspittle media friends never mind jabba himself. He's ruined a decade at the club and I feel for anyone who can't remember a NUFC where he hasn't been around. I'm a working class bloke in a sometimes shit job. I'm the epitome of the stereotype who lives for the weekend for his football club and it would be great if you could just give it up till he fucks off, (I've done it before), but the reality is you still care, you still watch games albeit on TV, it still pisses you off. He can either sell up or die of a heart attack, I'm easy.

Agree with all of this. 

The bloke is just a complete fucking arsehole and until he fucks off from the club it’s almost impossible to get excited about NUFC, as we know for a fact he will never ever let the club kick on he’ll just do the absolute minimum possible to cling to the PL. 

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

He won’t sell it on the cheap, that is clear, and it could scupper the deal, assuming he genuinely does want to sell. But, like you say, who the fuck knows what his real intentions are?

But the events of the last week don’t mean that Ashley is any less likely to sell, or that the deal with Staveley is off. 

Iirc, there were two of you claiming to have "insiders" knowledge of what was going on. Gloom, you mentioned that the deal was off but will get done later in the year. And the other bloke, whose name escapes me right now,  was claiming the opposite, that the deal would get done soon in this window.

I wonder how far back I have to go in this thread to find that guy so I can block him forever.

Interesting slant that the price he wants doesn't include the gallowgate land which he's transferred out of the clubs assets so even a small notional profit is underestimated. 

Also what he's done with this land stops future expansion which is another thing he deserves to die for. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official