Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, I guess you’re right. 

This deal just smells as disgusting as one of CT’s plates of pasta to me. 

I've given up on the world anyway - as Alex said earlier, if the world is going to burn either way, we may as well win something while it does.

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Just judging it on how it plays out domestically isn’t really taking into  account the whole picture though. The US does far more harm than Saudi Arabia 

In terms of its imperialism, yes, you’re right.

But Saudi is surely the more psychotic country. A takeover is a PR move for a barbaric, medieval shithole 

Am I just mildly uniformed or how well known is it that Sheffield Utd are majority owned by a Saudi Prince? BBC have put up a story saying that the deal is at an advanced stage, but also pointing out that, and I'm paraphrasing, Ashley is a twat who could easily fuck it up on purpose or by accident. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51258778

Edited by Polarboy

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

In terms of its imperialism, yes, you’re right.

But Saudi is surely the more psychotic country. A takeover is a PR move for a barbaric, medieval shithole 

Can’t separate the two - that’s the point. One facilitates the other. That’s not meant to be any kind of defence of the way Saudi Arabia is ruled. 

Edited by Alex

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t separate the two - that’s the point. One facilitates the other. That’s not meant to be any kind of defence of the way Saudi Arabia is ruled. 

Yes, it’s hard to take the moral high ground when we prop them up and arm them.

I just find the Saudi regime repellent on every level. The logical progression from sports direct I suppose 

What is more unnerving, Gloom? A state that believes, culturally, based on religious teachings, in the oppression of women and other minority groups - and which believes that it is doing the right thing, as dismal as that view is?

Or is it a state which professes to care about these considerations, but which uses the moral legitimacy it gains by notionally standing for such things in order to justify tearing around the middle east with reckless abandon, instigating wars, blowing up children, and funding any group at all (ISIS and indeed Saudi Arabia) as long as it fulfills a strategic objective to win power, resources, or financial gain?

The Saudis, as wrong as they may be, have a cultural reason for being total asshats. The American government does not - it simply does not care on any level. Therefore, I suggest that the US is more psychotic than Saudi Arabia.

EDIT - I really tried to resist making this post, I swear :lol: 

Edited by Rayvin

47 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Well if nothing else this keeps the message board busy for a week or so every season.

Yes, we get suckered into it every single time. Although tbf to Ashley, he does seem to be able to sort of raise the stakes a bit each time. Not sure where we go from here though. North Korea next time out perhaps.

Luke Edwards tweeted that the 90% complete thing is nonsense according to his sources. As in it's not going to happen in days or is very close to happening. Of course his tweet is vague enough that if it were to happen in a week instead of days he could claim he was the one with the inside scoop.

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Luke Edwards tweeted that the 90% complete thing is nonsense according to his sources. As in it's not going to happen in days or is very close to happening. Of course his tweet is vague enough that if it were to happen in a week instead of days he could claim he was the one with the inside scoop.

:lol: Caulkin will get any info from the Stavely camp before that cunt. Just like he got the rafa exclusive

Any info Edwards might get will be from Bruce. And he's had to earn that.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: Caulkin will get any info from the Stavely camp before that cunt. Just like he got the rafa exclusive

Any info Edwards might get will be from Bruce. And he's had to earn that.

10 pints, 16 packets of pork scratchings, and a ham shandy in the alleyway for Bruce, after having both thrown up. The Luke Edwards style of investigative reporting.

Edited by Polarboy

Wasn't there a Saudi Prince who is a known fan of Newcastle?

You know it's bullshit when there are quotes like:

Staveley’s camp have made detailed plans for the football operation at Newcastle after a transfer of power. There would though be no major changes with Steve Bruce expected to remain as manager.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official