Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

If this turns out to be true do we take the high ground on them being evil cunts, indulge in whataboutery regarding Sheff U, Villa (Chinese being shit on human rights) and even Man City whose owners are in the same realm or do we shrug our shoulders and say fuck it? 

Truthfully I'm leaning towards fuck it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: surprised at you 

I admire you sticking to your guns on this tbh (even if in the end you're pulled along anyway). You really think you'll give it all up if it goes through?

I'm not that principled I guess, but then everything I believed in politically is crashing and burning around me so nihilism is an easy out.

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

If this turns out to be true do we take the high ground on them being evil cunts, indulge in whataboutery regarding Sheff U, Villa (Chinese being shit on human rights) and even Man City whose owners are in the same realm or do we shrug our shoulders and say fuck it? 

Truthfully I'm leaning towards fuck it. 

I think we've had enough shit as a club over the last 15 years to let it slide. Let's just take the money and enjoy it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I think we've had enough shit as a club over the last 15 years to let it slide. Let's just take the money and enjoy it.

Yep. We can't stop this happening and aren't endorsing Saudi Arabia if we continue to go - they're the world's problem, this is just football. And I want to enjoy watching us again.

The government endorsed selling them loads of arms to kill civilians with but we’re supposed to take moral high ground? Fuck right off. Particularly the BBC with its endorsement of said government at the last election 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Haven't they been slowly been moving towards western values anyway? I mean they let bints drive over there now, which whilst I don't agree it, was seen as a move forwards. They're not going to become 'civilised' overnight but maybe buying us is a move towards that rather than an attempt to cover-up their shenanigans 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I admire you sticking to your guns on this tbh (even if in the end you're pulled along anyway). You really think you'll give it all up if it goes through?

I'm not that principled I guess, but then everything I believed in politically is crashing and burning around me so nihilism is an easy out.

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

Fuck the fucking Saudis. Literal medieval tyrants, giving an entire religion of 1bn+ people a bad name. 100 years ago their country was a dusty shithole named Nejd where the last scraps of a corrupt dynasty ruled over the emptiness of the Rub al-Khali. 200 before that they were getting their shit kicked in by my ancestors because they tried to put on airs. Now they spread their cancerous ideology across the Middle East and call themselves the guardians of Islam while they do coke off hookers' arses in Monaco and dismember Muslims before dissolving them in acid, not to mention raping their Filipina maid-slaves while withholding their exit visas and passports. 

Fuck the house of Saud, fuck their degenerate country, fuck their false piety, fuck their oil money. I want nothing to do with them. It is one of my great regrets that Mecca is situated within their borders because it means that one day I will have to enter their excuse for a country. I'd have another fifty years of Ashley before a year under Saudi ownership. 

Edited by acrossthepond
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, acrossthepond said:

Fuck the fucking Saudis. Literal medieval tyrants, giving an entire religion of 1bn+ people a bad name. 100 years ago their country was a dusty shithole named Nejd where the last scraps of a corrupt dynasty ruled over the emptiness of the Rub al-Khali. 200 before that they were getting their shit kicked in by my ancestors because they tried to put on airs. Now they spread their cancerous ideology across the Middle East and call themselves the guardians of Islam while they do coke off hookers' arses in Monaco and dismember Muslims before dissolving them in acid, not to mention raping their Filipina maid-slaves while withholding their exit visas and passports. 

Fuck the house of Saud, fuck their degenerate country, fuck their false piety, fuck their oil money. I want nothing to do with them. It is one my great regrets that Mecca is situated within their borders because it means that one day I will have to enter their excuse for a country. I want nothing to do with them. I'd have another fifty years of Ashley before a year under Saudi ownership. 

And that is the first post anyone has made that has given me pause in just accepting this. Back to hand wringing and internal conflict for me.

2 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Fuck the house of Saud, fuck their degenerate country, fuck their false piety, fuck their oil money. I want nothing to do with them. It is one of my great regrets that Mecca is situated within their borders because it means that one day I will have to enter their excuse for a country. I'd have another fifty years of Ashley before a year under Saudi ownership. 

Wooooooahhhh. Saudi AND Algeria? Starting to notice a pattern emerging here

Personally I dont give a fuck if they get up to some barbaric shite in the country they come from. They are buying a football club, I find it odd to try and take the moral high ground over a sports venture.. if they were rolling into Newcastle in tanks and enforcing sharia law then thats another story. You see where im coming from..

Its not happening anyway so its a pointless debate

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official