Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

“A takeover could be completed in 72 hours” - Jim White SSN.

Such a shame that takes us  all the way to the transfer deadline. What an unfortunate distraction from the clubs genuine desire to buy players! 

Poor Mike, he wishes he could just get on with being a good owner! :( 

Time to start organising our countdown to deadline day/Brexit day/takeover day parties 

29 minutes ago, 247 said:

It’s all in preparation for the ‘couldn’t do the deal because..’ statement that will come from Ashley in the coming weeks. 

If this supposed offer from one of the richest men in history of the world is true and he ‘fails’ to buy the club from Ashley then we should all give up and accept Ashley is here until he dies, because if this bloke can’t take it from him then no one can. I hate how some of our fans fall for this shite every time.. Ashley knows he can whip up the fan base into a frenzy every fucking time man. It’s as easy as intentionally ‘leaking’ a statement to the press. 

I’m already at peace with Ashley being here for life. He’s about 15 years older than me but I’m also resigned to him outliving me. Good things don’t happen to this club, lads, let’s face it. 

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

From NUFC.com

...However, our Desert Mag reports that the tales have so far not made it into either of the two English language newspapers in Saudi - which seems a little odd....

Not really odd at all, if crown prince’s people say, “say nowt” you’re not going to go risk getting Khashoggied are you .

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I have imagined it and it would take a very long time, but he would still be alive until right at the end.

i'm really quite relieved you've said that. i don't feel quite so concerned about me own fantasies now.

:icon_lol:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Then why have they spent 4 months allegedly in talks? We assume his reason for this charade is to win over the fans and secure renewals or whatever. But he's been under reasonable pressure with attendances, enough to offer free tickets even, and hasn't revealed this. It's come out now at a point where he's under relatively lower pressure because Bruce is muddling through well enough. 

It doesn't make any strategic sense for him to leak it now just for a two day boost before he kills it. And it also doesn't make any sense for him to waste 4 months talking to them and permitting due diligence if he has no intention of selling.

So i think he must actually be serious about it.

I think he’d go through that because he would sell if they were desperate enough to pay way over the odds. At some point it just becomes too good an offer to refuse. He just seems to have a completely unrealistic notion of what that is 

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We all know it's utter fucking bollocks.

Same old story, same glimmer of hope, same old bollocks.

All at the time of Transfer window and season ticket renewals.

This, sadly

• Like 1

If there's one good thing that will come out of this, should Fatley pull the plug again, it's that no sane person or media outlet will be able to say that someone with a 300 billion pound personal fortune is a time waster. Ashley will be totally exposed, not that a lot of us weren't already aware, as a duplicitous rat who's never had any intention of selling the club until he's sucked every last bit of profit and advertising from it. Oh and if there needs to be any other motivation for Ashley to do this every season just think about how much free publicity he's getting. From the US all the way across to the middle east and beyond his name and the name of his tat store is being mentioned. Alternatively it will be amusing if Ashley tries to take the moral high ground from a PR perspective and say he can't in good conscience sell to the Crown Prince.

Edited by Polarboy

The Shields Gazette have already said it definitely wasn't Ashley who leaked the story about the takeover guys, honest. I wonder how that journalisming went. Journalist - Hey Mike did you leak this story so as to purposely scupper it even though that makes no actual sense as a way out of it, Mike - No of course not, Journalist - OK Mike fair play.

• Like 1

Graves's constant passive aggressive whining about people giving him abuse on social media is wearing a bit thin. I wouldn't excuse dickhead behaviour on the internet, but anyone with any sense knows that the inherent nature of social media is that you're going to have that percentage of twats giving you grief from time to time. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

The Shields Gazette have already said it definitely wasn't Ashley who leaked the story about the takeover guys, honest. I wonder how that journalisming went. Journalist - Hey Mike did you leak this story so as to purposely scupper it even though that makes no actual sense as a way out of it, Mike - No of course not, Journalist - OK Mike fair play.

in the same article they refer to martin samuels as a well respected national scribe.

i've read it several times and i still can't decide whether kennedy is taking the piss or not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If we do get bought out by Saudi, we will just have all the usual suspects of talksport and sky sports talking about how it’s bad for football etc.. 

Instead of actually investigating why Ashley was bad for football and ruined a football club.

Im looking forward to a fatwa against all those cunts and us winning everything.

Fuck Richard Keys especially, the missing link looking cunt.

• Like 3

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official