Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

I've heard that PIF have been digging around for information to ingratiate their way into our good books. Don't shoot the messenger but I'm hearing they've earmarked £10m to buy the Sunderland first team squad and are going to let them wear their safc tracksuits when they're being ball boys at our home games next season. :good:

#itk 

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What does your ITK say @Dr Gloom

I messaged him but haven’t heard anything back. Haven’t talked to him about it for about a month. He was always confident the Saudi deal was real but Ashley was digging his heels in over something, which was delaying it going through. 

I think he may have uturned because he knows the value of his asset is only going in one direction, given we’re on the verge of a 1930s- style depression. Even a gambler as reckless as Ashley sometimes knows when to cash in. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If you own a mobile phone you’ve got blood on your hands. 

There are ethical smart phones like fairphone. Probably shite like. Nothing like those tiny Asian children's hands for making phones.:icon_lol::mellow:

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

It reminds of the type of people who'll sanctimoniously get up on their soap box for anything and everything, and when you point out they have an iPhone they're like, I still have to, like, live in the world that exists man. 

the big lebowski whatever GIF

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Prove it, you big ol panty sniffer!

Telegraph Sport understands that the Premier League is already carrying out its checks on whether the buyers – and their nominees as Newcastle directors – pass its owners and directors test. This can take up to a month, although it is expected to be less, and has been ongoing for at least a week. As Telegraph Sport revealed last month, the Premier League was told, by both parties, about the bid with papers being formally submitted to begin the sale process.

5 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

There are ethical smart phones like fairphone. Probably shite like. Nothing like those tiny Asian children's hands for making phones.:icon_lol::mellow:

Isn’t the real issue around the mining of platinum etc? Pretending I give a fuck now tbh

As a man of strong principles, my concerns about this potential takeover by the Saudis are, in order;

1. Will it make the mackem’s fucking explode?

2. Will we have to build a bigger trophy room?

3. Can we have Rafa back?

4. Will it make the mackem’s fucking explode?

6. How long has Messi got left before retirement?

7. I can’t count

8. Will it make the mackem’s fucking explode?

9. How many shitty Sheikh puns will Knight Ryder come out with

10. Do they chop people’s head off? 

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Isn’t the real issue around the mining of platinum etc? Pretending I give a fuck now tbh

Maybe, not sure. Was just putting out a bit of morbid "humour". Honestly though I think pretty much every part of its manufacture is highly questionable. The massive factory in China called Foxconn where a large amount of electronics get made have appalling work conditions and multiple worker suicides a year. But, anyway, for something more cheerful, isn't it great we're probably getting bought off Ashley. :D

• Haha 1

Assuming we do get bought, do people want Rafa back, or given that we'll have the money to go after anyone would you fancy someone else like Allegri or Poch? Personally I wouldn't complain at all if they bought out Rafa's contract in China, but a bit of Allegri would do nicely.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rafa would hit the ground running as he knows exactly what is needed at the training ground etc.

Agreed, he’d be a great appointment to start the build up to where I would imagine this group want to get to due to that. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rafa would hit the ground running as he knows exactly what is needed at the training ground etc.

He already has a plan drawn up for training ground improvements doesn't he? Or had to be more precise. I think he'd be great in terms of restructuring the club and getting it into the shape it would need to be for a top four push at the very least. Then perhaps we could go after a manager who's more used to stepping into something that's more high level. Of course with regard to the training ground plan it was probably drawn up with what Ashley might have given them in terms of budget, so it's hopefully less than useless now.  

I'd have Rafa back for sure, he is an excellent manager.

One of the big names currently out of work would be my guess, and there are a few very successful managers without jobs right now.

If they're wanting to build the club up then someone like Ralf Rangnick might not be a bad call.

13 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Assuming we do get bought, do people want Rafa back, or given that we'll have the money to go after anyone would you fancy someone else like Allegri or Poch? Personally I wouldn't complain at all if they bought out Rafa's contract in China, but a bit of Allegri would do nicely.

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Absolutely makes total sense to get Rafa. He'd probably have a list already written to give them from players to scouts to builders for the training ground. 

46 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'd wank a dog off if rafa came back. 

Just to annoy Gene and UglyMackems 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

I assume that we're in agreement that when/if this goes through, both this thread and "Mike Ashley: Football Cunt" get immediately deleted?

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official