Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

9 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Interesting that they apparently have a DoF lined up already. I really hope they’ve done their homework and haven’t just picked Les Reed or someone.

Joe Kinnear?

5 hours ago, Kitman said:

I think anybody who pays any attention to media critics is mental. The pundits love to slag off NUFC, trolling out the same old lazy cliches about unrealistic expectations and what a great owner Mike is etc etc. It’s nailed on they’ll bang on about the negatives because they feel the need to put us in our place, and even more than that, they love to see our fans being downtrodden and downcast. I think its something that dates back to the Keegan days and having ‘ideas above our station’.

Well fuck them, I hope this happens and they choke on the tidal wave of Saudi money. I couldn’t care less what the likes of Merse, Dennis, Tommo, Rio or Hippo Head think about it, they’re just whiney wind and piss merchants.

The government are happy to sell arms to them, Saudi money is fucking everywhere but we’re supposed to be the ones bearing the brunt of this faux moral outrage. Or something 

• Like 6

Keegan and Shearer in ambassadorial roles

Wouldn't bring in Benitez again. He's top class, no doubt, but if we truly are bankrolled by billionaires who have ambition then I think we can approach Pochettino-level managers.

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Wouldn't bring in Benitez again. He's top class, no doubt, but if we truly are bankrolled by billionaires who have ambition then I think we can approach Pochettino-level managers.

You doing comedy again?

Pochettino is a fraud, the cunt hasn't won anything and you think he's better than Rafa?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, strawb said:

I live in Manchester and work with loads of city fans. They don’t hate us in general, they think little of us. They have a regional rival like we do.

They have though had the time of their lives since been bought and after years of utter shite. If the deal goes through and we get half of what city have had we would be buzzing, and not just for the football team. City redeveloped a large part of east Manchester and it’s unrecognisable. One of the best grounds I’ve been to too.

Aye all the Man City fans I know are either indifferent or positive about Newcastle fans (and most of the Man Utd fans to be fair). The blues definitely want someone else to take some of the criticism for sportswashing, buying the league, and so on. 

I think thoughtful football fans will be, begrudgingly, happy that we've got shot of Ashley and that we'll be ambititous again. 

12 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

No just think it would be a good opportunity to make money and frustrated it wasn't done years ago as money from it could have gotton us an extra Maxi, Robert or Shearer etc.

The only maxi you’re likely to see is the one you were conceived in

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 6
  • Jaysus... 1

4 hours ago, Alex said:

The government are happy to sell arms to them, Saudi money is fucking everywhere but we’re supposed to be the ones bearing the brunt of this faux moral outrage. Or something 

It’s hilarious when you think about it. Since when did our opinions matter? 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Love Rafa, but as richest club in the world we can afford to appoint a coach that has a more attacking style. Return of the entertainers 

Tbf to Rafa, I think we only played as defensively as we did because we had so much shit in the first team. As soon as we tried to play expansive football we got battered. 

Rafa wanted to build a dynasty here and this is his chance. We don’t want Allegri and the likes to come in for 2 seasons and then fuck off again 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tbf to Rafa, I think we only played as defensively as we did because we had so much shit in the first team. As soon as we tried to play expansive football we got battered. 

Rafa wanted to build a dynasty here and this is his chance. We don’t want Allegri and the likes to come in for 2 seasons and then fuck off again 

It was only when he was able to add the quality he wanted that we were able to play more expansively. Rondon, Perez were good for grinding out results, but Almiron's addition transformed that attack.

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rafa’s sides have rarely been free scoring, even when he was competing at the top end of the table.

Saying that, we need to temper expectations somewhat. We aren’t likely to be challenging for the top four next season and need to build it up over a few years from a solid base. 

I would in no way be disappointed to see Poch come in but Rafa has the benefit of being able to come in and hit the ground running as he already knows the club’s strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The way I m looking at it is when the deal inevitably falls through I will smugly proclaim relief that we aren't owned by the disgusting Saudi regime.

If the impossible happens I won't give a toss. I'm revelling in the hypocrisy.

Won't happen though....

Think this is me too :D

Am wondering if Staveley did actually  have the money first time round and when Ashley turned her down she went running to the Saudis to back her?...or were they there all along?.. 🤔

If we’re rid of The Cunt in the next few weeks, and money is even a tenth as plentiful as we hope, I can see Rafa back here. 
Last time Stavely ( yes @RobinRobin, would :lol:) was after us, she held discussions directly with him, and it was clearly stated they very much wanted him to stay. He was a big part of their plan. 
As has been mentioned, if he did return, he’d hit the ground running. ( It’d also be a huge “fuck you” to Ashley, which is nice).
I also think that given his age, and how long it could take to build the club in to what he and us desire, he could see it as his Grand Project, moving upstairs if he tires of coaching. 
The “hitting the ground running” part is the most important here- he knows the club, 99% of the squad, and the region. New owners will see the value of that, and in a straight choice between him and Forrest Plump, it’ll be curtains for Crisp Boy. 

I’m almost allowing myself to believe :nufc: 

• Like 2

Whoever they go with is hopefully someone with a broader view on things not just someone asking to sign expensive players.

The whole infrastructure of the club needs to be looked at after falling behind over the last 15 years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I think short term until the end of the season we obviously have cabbage heed. 

This is just mental thinking who is going to replace him etc. Mental. 

I think it would be reasonable to keep Bruce until the end of the season given where we are. With that in mind I hope their first act is to sack him with immediate effect 

• Haha 3

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official