Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

This takeover bid seems so different than others that have been shrouded in secrecy. Its not that long ago were Ashley would throw his toys out the pram if anything was leaked to the media regarding any potential takeover. Yet this time it's almost being heralded in with a fanfare. The Daily Star are running with a story that Benitez has been offered the managers job. They say he's been given the freedom to bring in a football director and  other powers. Essentially he'll be given a free rein. Please let this happen it's going to be brilliant. 

• Like 1

I stated my feelings on this last time round in January and they haven't changed. I don't want NUFC to be owned by the Saudis. I despise them and would hate for our club to be involved in their plans to legitimize their medieval regime in a post-oil world. 

All of that said, if this is happening, it's out of my hands. Just like it was when Ashley bought us. We're as powerless against this as we were any of the myriad times we protested Ashley's decisions. And so if I've got no say, and I don't, then I'm going to fucking enjoy being a real club again, no matter who's signing the cheques. Having a real manager again instead of a succession of bargain-basement bozos. Investing significant funds into the first-team squad. Having a serious tilt at Europe again. Getting some relief after thirteen (fuck me) pretty fucking barren years. Scrubbing every trace of Ashley's low-rent sportswear empire from SJP. 

So aye, bring on the Saudis. Even if they only spend enough to make us a going concern again, that'd be enough. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Given that we only really need a win or two, would you rather Bruce was sacked straight away, or just give him the last few game of this season. I've wasn't a fan of Bruce before he came and my opinion hasn't really changed that much, but in fairness if we were in the bottom three right now this takeover likely wouldn't be happening, fingers crossed. So perhaps if only just to let us get our ducks in a row with the next guy, and to show a bit of professionalism, I think we should probably just give him the remaining games before sacking him and giving him forty lashes for being such a moany twat in the media.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Im starting to think this aint happening :( Too much negative shite on Twitter

Twitter isn't reality, and there's plenty on there that don't want it to happen for various reasons, most of which are in some way self serving.

Edited by Polarboy

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Owner and director test will take a while mate, 2-4 weeks. Reportedly started on the 8th, so I wouldn't expect owt for at least another week.

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Give over man. 

The Saudis chopped up and dissolved a well known journalist, do you really think a few bleeding heart twatterers will stop them investing? 

• Haha 7

Food £200

Car £240

Mortgage £500

Cans £1865

Utility £150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Food £200

Car £240

Mortgage £500

Cans £1865

Utility £150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

If ya spending that much on cans, you should sell the car.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official