Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Battered or breaded, sir?

Not sure why, but this reminds of someone running into a Chinese takeaway round my neck of the woods many years ago, bollock naked, wearing only a tache, a manic grin and off their fucking nut and jumping on the counter, laying their knob across it and shouting 'Here! Fucking batter this!' 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

As a few of us have said, the hypocrisy stinks. The real issue here is NUFC getting all this money

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

As a few of us have said, the hypocrisy stinks. The real issue here is NUFC getting all this money

That and the fact that the Saudis murdered a journalist. Maybe Holt thinks that covering a sports washing boxing match in SA last year and literal criticism of the Crown Prince by a Saudi national in a globally syndicated publication are the same thing? :glare:

• Like 2

Going to have to get thick skins I think. Once it goes through it will be everywhere.

The amount of bites Holt and Delaney etc. are getting on Twitter is the exact reason they are writing the articles.

It will make it even sweeter when we win everything and they all have to kiss our arse for access to our players and manager.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom said:

It all seems to good to be true :lol:

Yes, I won’t believe it until it happens. And possibly not even then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye, there’s only De Bruyne, Cancelo, La Porte, Sterling, Mahrez, Mendy, Stones, Walker, Sane, Silva and Mangala who cost more.

So 12 players in 24 transfer windows since they took over the club.

They’ve paid fees for 86 players in that time. 

12/86 = 14% of buys cost more than Joelinton 

Leaving 86% of buys costing less than Joelinton

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/most;)

Edited by Kid Dynamite

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So 12 players in 24 transfer windows since they took over the club.

They’ve paid fees for 86 players in that time. 

12/86 = 14% of buys cost more than Joelinton 

Leaving 86% of buys costing less than Joelinton

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/most;)

So they’ve over a full team that cost more than Joelinton?

You say they are doing it differently to other clubs yet Barca have only signed seven players more expensive than Joelinton, Real Madrid ten and Juventus four.

When you come at the king you best not miss.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So they’ve over a full team that cost more than Joelinton?

You say they are doing it differently to other clubs yet Barca have only signed seven players more expensive than Joelinton, Real Madrid ten and Juventus four.

And yet their most expensive transfer is 24th on the list of the worlds most expensive transfers. Which suggests they are doing it differently to other clubs?

• Haha 1

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.

We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skins from here on out. The fact that they're going for the fans is what gets me in particular. We live in a country where the government won't stand up to Saudi Arabia, where the voters don't care about it enough to change that, and where a series of businesses fall over themselves to absorb Saudi money left and right anyway. But no, it's a bunch of long suffering football fans who have to take the moral stand and who will be pilloried for not doing so.

Fuck off. Have the balls to change the whole fucking system or just fuck off. As far as I'm concerned, this is our late stage capitalism dividend.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And yet their most expensive transfer is 24th on the list of the worlds most expensive transfers. Which suggests they are doing it differently to other clubs?

Your point was that they were buying lots of mid range players of similar or less costly than Joelinton. I was simply pointing out that wasn’t the case.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think it's fair to say that the journalists aren't winning hearts and minds from our lot on this.

We're going to have a club-wide siege mentality at this rate. As Strawb says, thick skins from here on out. The fact that they're going for the fans is what gets me in particular. We live in a country where the government won't stand up to Saudi Arabia, where the voters don't care about it enough to change that, and where a series of businesses fall over themselves to absorb Saudi money left and right anyway. But no, it's a bunch of long suffering football fans who have to take the moral stand and who will be pilloried for not doing so.

Fuck off. Have the balls to change the whole fucking system or just fuck off. As far as I'm concerned, this is our late stage capitalism dividend.

The last 13 years have shown us that nobody - whether our owner, the press, the pundits or other fans - cares what we think. Why does it matter now all of a sudden?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No thick skin needed here mate- I didn’t give a particular fuck what the majority of them thought before, and I certainly can’t see any great change in that approach from me, come what may. 
The hoop-licking once we start getting good again will be funny to see, though, in the same way watching kids fall over is :D

• Like 5

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official