Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Already said to my mates I'll be self flagellating up old Shields Road towards the toon on a match day. :lol:

Me and the boy on our way to our first match under our new Evil Overlords. 
giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Thank you for this, my moral purity will now be saved :lol: I'll be living in a tent in the Scottish wilderness somewhere, but at least I'll be holding myself up to an ethical standard only previously achieved by football journalists and lost mackems.

Erm, just please make sure it’s not an area of the Scottish wilderness that is overseen by a company or governing body that accept money from the Saudi/other gulf states for them to do some hunting in... maybe look into the tent as well remember we have to be sure it’s not waterproofed by something that is an oil byproduct as you know... yep Aramco. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Chomp down while it’s still mooing. 

The best way :lol:

:lol: 

I’ll save that for after we win a title and I make my very first venture onto SMB as a poster. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

My opinion of the Saudis hasn't changed. They are immoral based on western cultural norms. As is the USA, as is the UK, as is Mike Ashley.

Now what? I just keep finding reasons to be miserable? I didn't make this a race to the bottom, society did. 

This is a football club, not a political movement.

They are immoral based on western cultural norms? No, they are hideously immoral full stop, we have a universal understanding of basic human rights...like not persecuting gay people or treating women as a sub species. The fact you've had to phrase that so tactically says a lot.

It's not difficult, if you made a scale of how disgusting these people are, the Saudi Royal family would score far higher than Mike Ashley.

How are you meant to protest against the Saudi genocide as Yemen as a Newcastle fan with the prince as your owner? It's a complete embarrassment which why the thing to do is protest the sale and not show support to it. 

2 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Stan Collymore ...via twitter  :D  is next up having a go.

He's not happy how the Saudi's treat women

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/04/stan-collymore-next-up-in-wanting-newcastle-united-fans-brought-to-justice-in-court-of-public-opinion/

Wife beating hypocrisy aside, Stan needs to quit his job at TalkSPORT, their owners News Corp happen to be invested in by Saudis...

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

You should immediately stop following football for a start, remember not just Newcastle is involved in this, Qatari money is flowing through FIFA, UEFA, and Paris, along with all of the money the Abu Dhabi group has pumped into numerous clubs around the world, or do we not count any of those because the Saudis do more bad stuff than them?

After you stop bothering with football you might wonder to yourself what should I do with my free time, please make sure you don’t watch boxing (took Saudi money), nor can you watch something like the WWE (again, Saudi money), suppose horse racing and the F1 are out as well? Yep, ok, well maybe don’t look at Twitter as well since they’re involved in that. You likely shouldn’t be driving seeing as Aramco oil is a possible source of petrol, also don’t use Uber. 

I will then need you to google everything SoftBank invests in, as yeah the Saudis are invested in them. That goes with their vision fund that they invested in with Apple and Microsoft (both upstanding company’s you should have zero qualms when using the products of).

You’re getting close, have to stop reading anything the Independent puts out btw, which includes moral compass Miguel Delaney’s latest news on what you should do, unfortunately Miguel’s pay cheque comes from the part Saudi owned paper and he uses Twitter. 

Ah so that's the argument, there's other clubs owned by dodgy foreigners so this is ok? It's a terrible argument which is why journalists are laughing about it, not because they hate Newcastle.

Buying products from Amazon, watching F1 or a boxing fight in Saudi is in no way comparable to actually wanting, yes wanting your club to be owned by the Saudi Royal Prince and family. Great example for young kids growing as fans, researching the roots of their club and finding out they are owned directly by a family that dismembers journalists and murders entire populations for political gain. It's utterly embarrassing and this argument your using regarding Saudi money here there and everywhere is pathetic, it doesn't come close to this situation. 

If it happens, there's not much fans can do about it, but actively supporting it, making excuses for it and even trying to downplay the significance is a terrible look.

Can someone explain why they think the premier league should pass them under 'fit and proper' that isn't "But what about PSG"

Edited by Warlord

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

You're conflating multiple different issues to try and justify this, it's embarrassing for the club for and should be an ethical problem for any none firestick fan.

The fact the current Tory Government wont stand up to this family is no justification for getting directly in bed for them. The fact you disagree with the Government's relationship with Saudi says a lot doesn't it? Ethically it's pretty simple, we are going to be owned by a rotten individual who makes Mike Ashley look like a saint. If you are ignorant of all of this anyway and 'dont care about politics' then whatever but if you are someone who finds the Saudi family disgusting, condems their genocide in Yemen, the assassinations, treatment of women, gays etc then you should be disgusted at this and not at all impressed that the clubs history is now intertwined with the Saudi family. We are meant to celebrate arm in arm with people like that who you would otherwise find abhorrent? You can just look the other way when its people like this.

At the very least, all those who were vocal criticizing Ashley's ethics with stuff like the price hike need to buckle themselves in for a long ride, unless you are a massive hypocrite you should be seething about some of the stuff this lot get up to.

It's dark days and deeply embarassing.

lol fukin EDGELORD more like 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

You're conflating multiple different issues to try and justify this, it's embarrassing for the club for and should be an ethical problem for any none firestick fan.

The fact the current Tory Government wont stand up to this family is no justification for getting directly in bed for them. The fact you disagree with the Government's relationship with Saudi says a lot doesn't it? Ethically it's pretty simple, we are going to be owned by a rotten individual who makes Mike Ashley look like a saint. If you are ignorant of all of this anyway and 'dont care about politics' then whatever but if you are someone who finds the Saudi family disgusting, condems their genocide in Yemen, the assassinations, treatment of women, gays etc then you should be disgusted at this and not at all impressed that the clubs history is now intertwined with the Saudi family. We are meant to celebrate arm in arm with people like that who you would otherwise find abhorrent? You can just look the other way when its people like this.

At the very least, all those who were vocal criticizing Ashley's ethics with stuff like the price hike need to buckle themselves in for a long ride, unless you are a massive hypocrite you should be seething about some of the stuff this lot get up to.

It's dark days and deeply embarassing.

giphy.gif

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2

Just now, Warlord said:

Ah so that's the argument, there's other clubs owned by dodgy foreigners so this is ok? It's a terrible argument which is why journalists are laughing about it, not because they hate Newcastle.

Buying products from Amazon, watching F1 or a boxing fight in Saudi is in no way comparable to actually wanting, yes wanting your club to be owned by the Saudi Royal Prince and family. Great example for young kids growing as fans, researching the roots of their club and finding out they are owned directly by a family that dismembers journalists and murders entire populations for political gain. It's utterly embarrassing and this argument your using regarding Saudi money here there and everywhere is pathetic, it doesn't come close to this situation. 

If it happens, there's not much fans can do about it, but actively supporting it, making excuses for it and even trying to downplay the significance is a terrible look.

I’ll tell you what’s a good look : lifting the premier league titles, it’s ribbons red, saturated in the blood of our enemies :) 

Just now, Warlord said:

What bit is edgy, opposing militant Islamism and/or supporting basic human rights?

I don’t know Callum. 

But you weren’t arsed when it came to your own website (https://realcombatmedia.com), with its in depth coverage of Joshua vs Ruiz II so why are you arsed now?

Fuck off you smoggy cunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

6 minutes ago, Warlord said:

1.  We didn’t “want our club to be owned by the Saudi Royal family”. They’re buying us. Big difference. 
2. “Great example for young kids growing as fans, researching the roots of their club…”

Could be worse, we could’ve allowed Adam Johnson to carry on playing for us whilst fully aware of the crimes he was accused of, imagine…
3. Here’s another massive cock so you don’t get lonely. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Warlord said:

They are immoral based on western cultural norms? No, they are hideously immoral full stop, we have a universal understanding of basic human rights...like not persecuting gay people or treating women as a sub species. The fact you've had to phrase that so tactically says a lot.

It's not difficult, if you made a scale of how disgusting these people are, the Saudi Royal family would score far higher than Mike Ashley.

How are you meant to protest against the Saudi genocide as Yemen as a Newcastle fan with the prince as your owner? It's a complete embarrassment which why the thing to do is protest the sale and not show support to it. 

I would contend that we do not in fact have a universal understanding of human rights, given that several countries including both the US and Saudi Arabia refuse to sign up to the charter on them.

Despite that, I still think they're generally a shameful, despotic and ultimately hypocritical bunch. But I see so much of that particular flavour of things around me in my own country that it's beyond me to complain that they're legally investing funds in a legally owned business through a legal channel, all carried out with the blessing of the government of the UK, and therefore it's people (otherwise, surely, it would be stopped by some kind of legal measure we put in place, as a population, to ensure that this kind of thing couldn't happen? And if we don't have such a measure, surely that would imply that as a collective, we, the great people of the UK, do not give a fuck except when it's useful as a tool for beating people we disagree with).

Your problem is with British free market capitalism, not NUFC fans.

I won't stop criticising Saudi Arabia. I won't stop enjoying Newcastle United having the money to be competitive once again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Can someone explain why they think the premier league should pass them under 'fit and proper' that isn't "But what about PSG"

We don't want the club to be owned by the Saudi Royal Family specifically, which is what it sounds like you're trying to imply. We just want the money. So it's kind of like how with Amazon, you want a product. You're not thinking about who owns it, you're just glad that Amazon can supply you with it. I'm glad that Newcastle United can supply me with some enjoyment finally.

So, does it help to think about us actively supporting getting money, in the way that you actively support buying shit for yourself on Amazon or actively wanting to watch boxing? We don't care who is providing it, you don't care who is providing it, we're all just consumers.

If the Premier League fit and proper person test passes them, then they meet the requisite standards. That's not our fault, or their's. 

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official