Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Considering the fact that a Qatari based TV station can’t expect to retain rights to broadcast matches in Saudi Arabia I guess the league would be reluctant to see this as a stumbling block but rather hope to see rival bids from Saudi Arabia or separate bids in future. That how it has been seen here with rights from the Bundesliga.  beIN has complained before but hasn’t been successful with other leagues and UEFA to enforce a tough stance with Saudi Arabia who have refused responsibility so far. Hope that won’t change and guess that the consortium of buyers have been aware of this issue and addressed it in an appropriate way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Considering the fact that a Qatari based TV station can’t expect to retain rights to broadcast matches in Saudi Arabia I guess the league would be reluctant to see this as a stumbling block but rather hope to see rival bids from Saudi Arabia or separate bids in future. That how it has been seen here with rights from the Bundesliga.  beIN has complained before but hasn’t been successful with other leagues and UEFA to enforce a tough stance with Saudi Arabia who have refused responsibility so far. Hope that won’t change and guess that the consortium of buyers have been aware of this issue and addressed it in an appropriate way.

Theres a time article from January with this pointed out, no way the buyers weren't aware of it as a potential stumbling block at that point and they've now given ashley 17 million so they presumably imagine its no problem

On the plus side, if the Saudis weren’t motivated to completely dominate before this type of opposition is going to spur them on to smash teams like PSG at some point down the line.

Qatar/beIN have lost all their legal proceedings tackling alleged infringement of intellectual property by Saudi Arabia so far as I can see it. A dispute in front of the WTO is still pending with a verdict due.

31 minutes ago, Howay said:

On the plus side, if the Saudis weren’t motivated to completely dominate before this type of opposition is going to spur them on to smash teams like PSG at some point down the line.

Probably in the champions league final in a couple of seasons time 

• Like 1

Hi folks. Sorry I haven't introduced myself yet. (longtime reader never posted before) I just wanted to back up what Isegrim has said. I don't know how to link stuff to the site, but if you checkout the Arabsat website and look for news updates for June 15th 2019 and September 19th 2019, you will see confirmation that the beIN accusations are just that. Accusations. Nothing has been proved, so there is nothing to worry about. Sorry for being such a tech dinosaur.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Rtg has convinced itself that pif will be following the "Ashley model".

:lol: They’d honestly be better off with thinking FFP will stop the Saudis, the chances that Saudi Arabia are going to buy a club and watch it get howked by one owned by Abu Dhabi, while also being a million miles behind one owned by Qatar is slim to fucking nil. This play by the Bein sports lot has nothing to do with a fear over piracy and everything to do with trying to keep the Saudis out of the top echelons of football imo. 

That’s before we even mention the clubs they looked into buying before us were Manchester United, Liverpool, and Chelsea apparently. 

Enjoy a solid decade of “The Don” you bunch of nonce sympathizers. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

In a frankly unbelievable twist of fate the President of PSG is also head of BeIN sports :lol: 

@Ant links & tweets aren’t embedding mate :good:

:lol: What a huge shock. It’s also fantastic to see these journalists who are so high and mighty flocking to the side of the completely clean Qataris as the protectors of the dignity of the game. 

Edited by Howay

Someone on twitter, in discussing the whole tit for tat nature of the bein sports complaint from the Qataris, mentioned the idea of us signing Cavani on a free this summer just to annoy PSGs owners and the fact that I would even consider that possible has just about finished me off for the day tbh.

• Haha 3

You know what’s really cool about all this media indignation, froth, frenzy, baiting bollocks?

Neither Newcastle United nor PIF-Saudis/Staveley/Reuben bros etc. have said anything. Nowt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

On the BBC now about BeIN Sports 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52375947

I know it has been mentioned elsewhere but where the fuck was all this "concern" when Sheffield United were bought by Saudis in 2013 or even when they returned to the PL in 2019 - those dirty arabs were pirating bein then were they not? Of course they were.

The cunts are all scared that finally, someone has seen the potential of Newcastle and after years of not having to worry about us and telling us we should be grateful for that cunt of a human being Ashley, they know it is only a matter of time.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

imagine if after all this man the premier league knock the saudi's back.

ashley pockets £17m for nowt, richard keys goes on a twitter trolling frenzy and bruce signs an ageing glen keeley ready for the start of the new season!

:)

Yes, let’s imagine that. Or not

https://www.fifa.com/who-we-are/news/joint-statement-by-fifa-the-afc-uefa-the-bundesliga-laliga-the-premier-league-an

Simon Bird was mentioning that the Premier League didn't have success in filing a law suit in Saudi Arabia. I guess this is coming from this statement. It's to notice that the associations stop short of accusing the government of KSA directly but demanding more action. Blocking the takeover in favor of would mean they would directly hold the government and also a different legal entity in the PIF responsible and accountable for it.

I am also not sure about the substance of beIN's threat. What do they want to do? Withhold payments and threatening their position in retaining the tv rights? That would be a huge and most likely costly legal risk and also threatening their position in any future distribution of rights.

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official