Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

3 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

On the BBC now about BeIN Sports 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52375947

Can you imagine the state the mackems would be in now if this was takeover was them? 

They'd be in fucking tatters , not through worry that it might not happen ( it’s happening), but the loss of all their “special friendships” would have them blubbering like a newly divorced lass. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

still of the view that the PL blocking this deal is a black swan event 

Like a dancing lesbian sex scene?

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

still of the view that the PL blocking this deal is a black swan event 

I don’t even like white swans. Cunts to a man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As Champions of the World in-waiting, can I direct you lads who haven’t yet voted here…

Our egg-chasing brethren in West England need a second or two of your time to get in to the last eight. 
Fuck The Nantymoel Mackems! 

I don't see why Bein's opposition would have any more impact than the Premier League saying to our new owners 'can you have a look into this and try and stop it'.  The reality is that if the takeover does go through, we will be of significant interest in SA so it would surely be in the interests of PIF to look to stop illegal streaming of matches?

I've always been of the view that I'm just waiting for something to go wrong with this and can't let myself be too excitied about it, but I can't really see how this could derail it.  Amnesty getting involved is more concerning but since they've never stopped the goverment selling arms to the Saudi's so again I can't see how they can impact this.

• Like 1

I reckon it will all come down to money and I can't see how any of it can harm the Premier League revenues.  If anything it will only offer up further oportunities.  It really should be ratified no problem.  Except this is Newcastle United and there is never no problem.

The fit and proper persons test is just that. 

They’re  more bothered about a record of insolvency than genocide or having the odd journalist murdered.

(Who obviously deserved it for insulting our benevolent & wise Crown Prince) 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He's got some things wrong in this but the general point is something we should all take on board....

https://www.lawesdisorder.com/disorderly-thoughts/the-death-of-hope-how-saudi-investment-will-kill-newcastle-united

I had to stop after the first sentence:

As the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund prepares to make Newcastle United its star signing, Newcastle fans should realise that money and glory comes at a price, one they will regret paying.

Why is it always the fans fault? Our something we are going to regret? 

The fans have not had a say at Newcastle United for the last 13 years, the fans are not the ones going to pocket a cool 300 million, plus all the other money he has trousered in those 13 years, the fans have not had the support of the majority of the media, well...

...ever in my experience. And yet all these cunts are calling the fans out.

What is actually going to happen is the club will eventually start winning things, we'll end up with a bunch of plastic/glory fans in the Middle East/Asia/Australia/the States and after a while the media will have forgotten all the hyperbole that they are spouting like a drunk yelling at the sky and start talking about the brilliant football played by the club's world class players. We won't have cunts like the cabbie and that other Ashley apologist turn up, being paid 10p per word to tell us how good we've got it, in the club's stealth social media campaign and the kids of Newcastle who have started following citeh and chelsea, etc because they want to follow a club that is successful will now follow their hometown club.

• Like 6

The only journalists I want to hear talk about this take over are the journalists who held Ashley to account and you can count them on one hand.

We didn’t choose Ashley as owner and we’re not getting to choose who he sells to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm not too impressed with them and I wouldn't lie if the thought of us winning stuff only because these got on board wouldn't take a bit of the shine off. The trouble is you could say the same for most clubs to differing degrees, from Man City to Chelsea, from Blackburn to Liverpool. The second the game turned professional the gloves were off and a club with a wealthier owner gave that that club a real advantage. It's one of the reasons the old Etonian's have to content themselves literally ruling the country whilst not ruling the football league anymore. Like cups and trophies it always seems there's a time limit on when you won your silver depending on who's telling the story? I think the same goes with rich backers. If it's our turn we'll get it in the neck, more so on account of the human rights issues but we'd get it regardless. It's a tough one but when it comes to it are you going to stop saying you support your club? I stopped going as I couldn't bare paying my money to a parasite who was letting NUFC rot. These would be the opposite, so do I go back? I'm leaning towards yes as I'm fucked if the actions of others is being put on me, personally. I'd be more than happy if this got blocked as long as it was across the board and some real legislation was introduced to let all clubs be ran via their supporters and people paid through the club's to run them. If this doesn't happen then don't come looking for us, we don't run the game nor the country.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He's got some things wrong in this but the general point is something we should all take on board....

https://www.lawesdisorder.com/disorderly-thoughts/the-death-of-hope-how-saudi-investment-will-kill-newcastle-united

Fucks sake man. That's hurt me a bit tbf.

He's probably right about how it will feel in the end. He might not be, but he probably is.

• Like 1

I'm already bored of the debate. Like football supporters should concern themselves with global politics. Most of our lot couldn't even bring themselves to stop going when they were getting the piss directly ripped out of them. They're not going to suddenly make a stand when we're mint. People should stop biting. It feeds the press and the bitter journalism.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fucks sake man. That's hurt me a bit tbf.

He's probably right about how it will feel in the end. He might not be, but he probably is.

Stop being so fucking soft man. 

• Haha 2

Am I right that Rayvin is feeling guilty about celebrating success we haven’t even had yet? I ask because I couldn’t be arsed to read the whole article. 

• Haha 6

Press trying to stir up typical faux outrage bollocks as usual, people love taking a stand these days. They want to talk about dirty Arab money then they should start with government doing deals with the Saudis going back years now.. but instead we are talking about football, wonder why? 

• Like 1

Just now, 247 said:

Press trying to stir up typical faux outrage bollocks as usual, people love taking a stand these days. They want to talk about dirty Arab money then they should start with government doing deals with the Saudis going back years now.. but instead we are talking about football, wonder why? 

Spot on. Apart from what  they actually like  doing is pretending to take a stand 

I don't think that articles right at all.  Firstly while I agree that the actions of the Saudi's in their own county is far from something I approve of, I don't see how it's remotely the fault of anything they might own.  People haven't died in Yeman so that we can win anything.  They are totally separate things.  I'm not burying my head in the sand about things they have done, it's deplorable.  But they certainly haven't been done in the cause of Newcastle United.

If being bought by the Saudi's leads to us winning things I won't feel any more hollow about it than I would have if it had come from the money of Ashley or John Hall.  There's an element of wishing it could come from the fans owning the club and growing organically but that is never going to happen unless all of professional football is completely overhauled.  And that certainly isn't going to happen any time soon.

For me the best that could come out of this would be that we move forward and win something as a club and that it also highlights the wrongdoings of the owners and puts pressure on them to change.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Am I right that Rayvin is feeling guilty about celebrating success we haven’t even had yet? I ask because I couldn’t be arsed to read the whole article. 

Not feeling guilty about celebrating the success, but whether the success will really feel like it would have if we had done it without Saudi money, and all the moral considerations that come with it.

Is the Newcastle owned by Saudi going to be the same Newcastle we all came to love. I mean, is it that club anymore anyway tbf. I've been looking at this as a 'the club is ours again' moment more than anything else and that article brought me back down to earth somewhat.

As HMHM says, it'll take a bit off the shine off. I guess the worry is, how big a bit that is.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official