Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

The other offer is still on the table in the same way that Glenn Roeder is still scouting Dirk Kuyt.

or leyton baines signing by the end of the week 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is worth a lockdown perusal on specifically why the world and most of all the US has been in hoc to the Saudis since the end of the WW2...

Curtis’ stuff is always worth a watch but he can veer off course at times. Which is almost inevitable given his subject matter. That, however, is focussed and on the money throughout whilst still in the style of his other work 

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

EWOsd0iXgAACBRi?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is the pie chart of the Premier League's wealth. Please welcome English football's new overlords.

Chart is invalid, they've spelled Brighton, Southampton & Newcastle wrong and haven't included Norwich at all. 

Useless spenks

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Curtis’ stuff is always worth a watch but he can veer off course at times. Which is almost inevitable given his subject matter. That, however, is focussed and on the money throughout whilst still in the style of his other work 

veering off course is his signature style

This tv piracy issue seems to be the last game in town for stopping the deal. I assume all other PL clubs will resist the takeover and write to the PL.

It seems as though there are no ethical components to the fit and proper persons tests but there is a criminal aspect, which I suppose is the angle.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why not. Why wouldn't they do whatever it took to stop this given what it means to their own investment projects.

Because if the Saudis have a vested interest in the Premier League you can assume they'll want in on the broadcast rights. they'd love nothing more than to muscle out Qatar backed BeIN. Which means a bidding war.

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Our alliance with these fuckers does rather undermine our criticism. You can be critical of the Saudi regime, which by modern Muslim standards is barbaric, and the west for facilitating the regime as long as we keep buying their oil and selling them our arms.

In case you missed it yesterday 

Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom are strategic allies.[4] There are more than 200 joint ventures between British and Saudi Companies, worth $17.5 billion, and some 30,000 British nationals are living and working in Saudi Arabia as well as nearly 100,000 Saudi nationals living in the UK. Saudi Arabia is the United Kingdom's primary trading partner in the Middle East and the United Kingdom is Saudi Arabia's closest European ally.

Weve been in bed with these fuckers for years, and post Brexit we need them more than ever. Threaten to take up a champions league space and suddenly the media has a conscience about the whole issue 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm wondering if the media outcry may in part stem from the reality that Khashoggi was one of their own, so to speak. Like it's a bit more personal to them than it otherwise would be.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm wondering if the media outcry may in part stem from the reality that Khashoggi was one of their own, so to speak. Like it's a bit more personal to them than it otherwise would be.

That crossed my mind. Apparently he visited Bin Laden (another Saudi National) when he was hiding in caves though so doesn’t strike me as someone I’d want to latch on to. A propagandist for the worlds worst terrorist. 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think Delaney is just pissed off it’s not Man United, which is why he is attacking fans rather than governing bodies.

That’s undoubtedly true. Hadn’t really come across him till ten days ago but he’s undoubtedly a fuckin arsehole of the first order

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Surely more to do with the circumstances of it? In an embassy, brutally tortured and murdered, then get away scot-free? I'd imagine the (justified) outcry would have been the same had it been a politician, or whatever.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official