Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

:lol: Waaaay too late. The only way they would stand a chance is if this one collapsed. 

It’s made up bullshit imo, it’ll be misinformation from the side that wants to block the Saudi bid in the hope of turning Newcastle fans to that side, since those that would be conflicted would be happier for the deal to fall through if we also still got rid of Ashley. 

As far as I can make out I f this was a deal to buy a house it would be not just exchanged but completed. The only difference is the Premier League check. If it goes tits now the media will have some questions to answer :cuppa:

• Like 2

See Garry Kasperov, the chess player for any mackems who might be reading this, has written a letter to the premier asking them to not let the takeover go through on the basis of Saudi human rights abuses. Only problem is that Gary is good mates with Pep Guardiola and congratulated both Man City and Pep on twitter after they won the league last season, oops. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Polarboy

:lol: It’s getting absurd now like. I googled it and he’s chairman for the Human Rights Foundation, I get it now from the same angle I get the Amnesty International letter and while I do accept them opposing this do they perform similar actions to every investment the Saudis make? Because if they don’t it’s a bit illogical. 

I just want to Premier League to fucking hurry up now, they’re allowing it to turn into a circus with all these random groups sticking their oar in. They’re not going to block it, and if they did they’d face a tremendous lawsuit and pressure from the UK government, at this point we’re just risking Newcastle fans making themselves look daft by attacking these groups on social media, and then the media in turn swoops on them. 

In fairness to Davina it's definitely not the worst YouTuber football video I've ever seen, but there is some steep competition. She has pretty much all the salient points in there, wasn't particularly cringe, and her editing and graphics were relatively decent.

Edited by Polarboy

The selective sanctimonious claptrap spouting from all over the place is going to make the end of Ashley's reign even more sweet. At the end of the day their ownership of a sports team does nothing to reverse the history of the country, and there is absolutely no connection worth making to the club itself, much less the supporters of it. The new owners will want it to soften their image and change the focus of their international profile. You wouldn't expect that it is going to be a financial driven decision for them, in that if they invest significantly it will be quite a while before that is recouped.

As a supporter of the club and the team I can very easily separate out the football operations from the owner, I've been doing it for years. It's not that I don't care who the owner is, it's that I have absolutely no say over who it is.

• Like 8

Great to see we seem to have kindled a moral awakening across the world, the sort of which has been mysteriously absent when we help the same parties in murderous wars across the region or sign hundreds of billions of dollars worth trade deals with them. What do these pricks writing these letters expect? That the premier league or even the government will say its not ok to invest in a football club in the country, oh actually just this particular club you may invest in others, but we're completely fine selling you billions in weaponry and directly aiding you in starving millions of children.

And do they expect that people will ignore the background of the childish standoff between Saudi and the rest of the middle east with Qatar thats been on an off over the last few years? To the point of them banning Al Jazeera and Bein in their countries, cutting off all flights and trade relations, and Saudi sanctioning a project to dig a massive canal inside their border with Qatar so the country becomes an island :lol: Typical of this conflict that likes of Keys are now getting involved.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OTF said:

The selective sanctimonious claptrap spouting from all over the place is going to make the end of Ashley's reign even more sweet. At the end of the day their ownership of a sports team does nothing to reverse the history of the country, and there is absolutely no connection worth making to the club itself, much less the supporters of it. The new owners will want it to soften their image and change the focus of their international profile. You wouldn't expect that it is going to be a financial driven decision for them, in that if they invest significantly it will be quite a while before that is recouped.

As a supporter of the club and the team I can very easily separate out the football operations from the owner, I've been doing it for years. It's not that I don't care who the owner is, it's that I have absolutely no say over who it is.

Charles and Camilla join mass applause in fifth week of 'Clap for ...

12 hours ago, DaveRoache said:

Saw a decent video post from a Bolton fan YouTuber about the takeover - she’s as neutral as you’ll get on this platform. Pretty decent. https://youtu.be/EADYQ-qZrsM 

It's Roche, not Roache, marra :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's Roche, not Roache, marra :good:

She’s quite good though. You have to love these mackems btw. Trying so hard to make themselves look authentic only to fail by not being able to spell 

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

She’s quite good though. You have to love these mackems btw. Trying so hard to make themselves look authentic only to fail by not being able to spell 

I didn't watch it to be fair, was more a dig at 'Dave'. :lol:

• Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official