Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

This American bidder, I don't understand the whole thing... Staveley has exclusivity for a while yet, that bid is already at the Owners and Directors test, which is the penultimate hurdle, the last one being the money exchanging hands, right? 

So, leaking the fact you've made a bid at this stage is like saying you asked the lass out that's walking down the aisle, right?

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

This American bidder, I don't understand the whole thing... Staveley has exclusivity for a while yet, that bid is already at the Owners and Directors test, which is the penultimate hurdle, the last one being the money exchanging hands, right? 

So, leaking the fact you've made a bid at this stage is like taking the bride's father outside for a cigar at the reception and telling him you'd have banged her but she's married now.

Fished your post.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I honestly have no idea how you would send a payment that large from Saudi Arabia to GB.

Brown envelope?

Theres a system banks use called SWIFT which handles a lot more than 300m payments - and it's instantaneous so his comment about a few days must involve some more legal stuff at a guess.

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So, leaking the fact you've made a bid at this stage is like saying you asked the lass out that's walking down the aisle, right?

"Always with the weddings, this one!"

ShowImage.jpeg

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

(shall we tell him?)

Have I missed something? I know I've been away a while, what with getting married having a kid, buying a house and all that stuff I've likely not mentioned at all.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Just announced on Companies House that Bander Mogren of PIF got appointed as a director of NCUK Investment limited on April 9th...

Wasn't that the date put forward for the beginning of the Owner's and Director's test? 

Yes, Mr Cheshire got appointed on the same day as well.

so if the O&D test takes 2-4 weeks, it could be done by the end of this week?

It will get announced by Brett Emerton on Friday, 5pm

From his hotel room in the Jesmond Dene Hotel?

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official