Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

How many Newcastle fans on Twitter are now going to be spending their day researching whether they're going to use CHAPS or Swift? :lol: 

“Here.....What is the maximum u can send on PayPal!?”

• Haha 1

Aye. :lol: 

At the start of the season we had Mike Ashley & Steve Bruce.

At the end we could be the richest club on the planet with Pochettino.

I’ll take it :lol:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If he's useless, I'd hate to know what Bruce is.

We all know what Bruce is!

I think Koeman did a better job than Poch at Southampton and Tottenham, well that speaks for itself.

I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if it's not Rafa.

3 hours ago, Dougle said:

It may have looked that way from your point of view as a client/customer but to the solicitors involved in the actual transfer itself, once contracts have been exchanged and a date for completion agreed, the transaction, usually by say CHAPS (Clearing House Automated Payment System) will be done on that day, depending on how busy the system is funds can turn up as soon as sent.

I’m not saying that’s how it’ll be for a 300 mil football club like, but I would assume not many folk would be happy with their £300 million floating around in the financial ether unaccounted for three or four days.

This will depend on where the money is coming from I would imagine.  If it's not in the UK I don't think it's quite as simple as CHAPS even if you're just transferring a few hundred pound.  Certainly that's my experience.  It can take a few days within Europe and I would imagine longer if it's coming from the middle east.  I suppose it might be easier if you're dealing with amounts of this value but I would be surprised.

Of course they could already have money in the country and use that which would negate everything I've just said.

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

This will depend on where the money is coming from I would imagine.  If it's not in the UK I don't think it's quite as simple as CHAPS even if you're just transferring a few hundred pound.  Certainly that's my experience.  It can take a few days within Europe and I would imagine longer if it's coming from the middle east.  I suppose it might be easier if you're dealing with amounts of this value but I would be surprised.

Of course they could already have money in the country and use that which would negate everything I've just said.

Howay man :rolleyes:

I think Poch did a great job at Spurs and you can see some parallels in the job that they'd be looking for him to do here.  Obviously Spurs were far better run and had a better team prior to him being there than we have, but he did the job of taking a team that wasn't competing and got them challenging for the league and in the champions league final.

Tbh it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to turn their nose up at him given what we currently have.

And whilst I love to see Rafa back and succeed with bigger resources, I'm always wary of anyone going back to a club where they've been a success (regardless of how that success is measured) in the past.  It always seems to not work out like you hope.

1 minute ago, Dougle said:

Howay man :rolleyes:

Well I'm sure they do have money in the country but whether it's set aside for this deal is another matter.  Personally I would think if you have their resources, you would move the money into place so it's ready the minute you need it.  However I've never had (or ever will have) anything approaching this amount under my control so I can't really claim to know how they work.

14 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I think Koeman did a better job than Poch at Southampton and Tottenham, well that speaks for itself.

Taking a team that had qualified once for the Champions League in their history to making them regulars and reaching the final with a net spend of £33m over five seasons?

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 3

For £300m surely they'd be looking to use GBP cash since the transaction cost will be lower. As a %age of £300m, I'd imagine conversion fees stack up.

This is perhaps the saddest conversation we've yet had on this takeover :lol: 

• Haha 2

I’d take Poch like. You could tell how much managing Spurs meant to him, he was on the verge of tears in some interviews. I reckon he would fall in love with the club and fans.

He was here for the demolition of Spurs last day of the relegation season too 

• Like 2

I’m not bothered about having Rafa back like. It never works out and these new owners are going to want to see exciting attacking football.

Thats not a criticism of Rafa as I think he’s world class. I just think PIF will be after a “brand”. 

• Like 2

Would be a massive statement of intent and would make a huge difference in terms of what players we would be able to attract. Edit: getting Pochettino in that is 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I think Poch did a great job at Spurs and you can see some parallels in the job that they'd be looking for him to do here.  Obviously Spurs were far better run and had a better team prior to him being there than we have, but he did the job of taking a team that wasn't competing and got them challenging for the league and in the champions league final.

Tbh it's absolutely ludicrous for anyone to turn their nose up at him given what we currently have.

And whilst I love to see Rafa back and succeed with bigger resources, I'm always wary of anyone going back to a club where they've been a success (regardless of how that success is measured) in the past.  It always seems to not work out like you hope.

Aye, I’m baffled by the idea he did at a bad job at Spurs, like. Robson didn’t do a bad job here based on his final season.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Taking a team that had qualified once for the Champions League in their history to making them regulars and reaching the final with a net spend of £33m over five seasons?

Yeah but the Bale sale to Real kind of hides how much he spent plus he signed Sissoko.
I think losing Erikson was more indicitive of Poch as a manager/head coach.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official