Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Yeah but the Bale sale to Real kind of hides how much he spent plus he signed Sissoko.
I think losing Erikson was more indicitive of Poch as a manager/head coach.

There is that like. :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He was here for the demolition of Spurs last day of the relegation season too 

That game, for me, speaks volumes about Poch as a manager. There is no way in hell a team managed by Rafa would turn out like that, on the last day of one of their most successful seasons, against a relegated club.

I just think there are better options.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Yeah but the Bale sale to Real kind of hides how much he spent plus he signed Sissoko.

Bale was sold before he arrived. Erikson was sold after he left.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’m not bothered about having Rafa back like. It never works out and these new owners are going to want to see exciting attacking football.

Thats not a criticism of Rafa as I think he’s world class. I just think PIF will be after a “brand”. 

This maybe the most entitled, presumptuous thing to say but Rafa is unlikely to win a league title in England. He’s a counter attacker to his marrow. You don’t win titles in England by ceding large amounts of possession to the opposition. Was he indisputably the best manager that was willing to work for Ashley? Yes. That doesn’t mean he’s the right man for where the Saudis are likely to be aiming us. The exception to the rule is of course Leicester, but as we’ve seen that’s not really sustainable long term. The Saudis will be thinking big, trying not to sound conceited but so should we :good:

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, I’m baffled by the idea he did at a bad job at Spurs, like. Robson didn’t do a bad job here based on his final season.

I think it’s hard to put your finger on what went wrong for him? Fans seemed to turn on him within months of him getting to the champions league final. Think a lot of it was about recruitment and not having a replacement for the increasingly injury prone Kane . Suspicion that he’s been flogged to death by Poch

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Bale was sold before he arrived. Erikson was sold after he left.

Well there goes that argument :blush:

And yes I know that about Erikson but Poch had lost him (and he obviously thought they weren't going anywhere under him) six-twelve months before he fucked off.

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Years between Bale leaving & Sissoko arrriving. There’s no players at the club left from that time bar the argie who takes the fancy pens? 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I think it’s hard to put your finger on what went wrong for him? Fans seemed to turn on him within months of him getting to the champions league final. Think a lot of it was about recruitment and not having a replacement for the increasingly injury prone Kane . Suspicion that he’s been flogged to death by Poch

He didn't have the money to spend IMO. He had a good squad but wasn't able to make the sort of signings that would move them forward and the squad just became stale.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This maybe the most entitled, presumptuous thing to say but Rafa is unlikely to win a league title in England. He’s a counter attacker to his marrow. You don’t win titles in England by ceding large amounts of possession to the opposition. Was he indisputably the best manager that was willing to work for Ashley? Yes. That doesn’t mean he’s the right man for where the Saudis are likely to be aiming us. The exception to the rule is of course Leicester, but as we’ve seen that’s not really sustainable long term. The Saudis will be thinking big, trying not to sound conceited but so should we :good:

Hold on you cheeky bastard, you didn't what the Saudis, you can't be... oh whatever! :razz:

3 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Hold on you cheeky bastard, you didn't what the Saudis, you can't be... oh whatever! :razz:

After some initial misgivings I've decided not to give  a fuck...it's for the best :D

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He didn't have the money to spend IMO. He had a good squad but wasn't able to make the sort of signings that would move them forward and the squad just became stale.

There were 3/4 senior players all running their contracts down to get Bosmans. Was it lack of investment that made them all do it?..

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

There were 3/4 senior players all running their contracts down to get Bosmans. Was it lack of investment that made them all do it?..

No it's because Poch was shit and they thought because he was so young he'd be there forever.

How would you feel if Sissoko turned up for a stupid amount as a 1st team player?

People have short memories. 

Pre Poch, Spurs were another Everton. A few good players but never challenging for the top spot. Poch turned them into a regular top 4 side and got them to a champions league final. Anyone turning their nose up at him needs to give their head a shake :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Pre Poch, Spurs were another Everton. A few good players but never challenging for the top spot. Poch turned them into a regular top 4 side and got them to a champions league final. Anyone turning their nose up at him needs to give their head a shake :lol: 

didn't he takeover a couple of seasons or two redknapp established them as top 4 side, doing well in the CL? there was the AVB/sherwood fiasco between them but he started from a higher base than he would have taking over at everton.

if you'd asked me 6 months ago, i'd say we'd be lucky to have a manager of his calibre. i'd still be happy with him but i wonder if the saudis will shoot even higher.

funny how things change :lol:

Edited by Dr Gloom

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

:nah:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

didn't he takeover a couple of seasons or two redknapp established them as top 4 side, doing well in the CL? there was the AVB/sherwood fiasco between them but he started from a higher base than he would have taking over at everton.

They qualified for the CL once under Redknapp. Poch had them finishing 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, The Fish trying to be the 'sound mag' is always good entertainment.

I was on there for about a month 10 years ago and one was wanting to meet me in Durham market square for a fight :lol: 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, The Fish trying to be the 'sound mag' is always good entertainment.

I'm often a bit disappointed that he doesn't rip the piss out of them rather than be the sound mag, as most of them call him worse than shite.  

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official