Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Just now, Tdansmith said:

I'm often a bit disappointed that he doesn't rip the piss out of them rather than be the sound mag, as most of them call him worse than shite.  

I mean he'd just get banned if he did that.

Which would probably be for his own good tbh.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I mean he'd just get banned if he did that.

Which would probably be for his own good tbh.

I reckon the fish would be able to take the piss big style without getting banned.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

They qualified for the CL once under Redknapp. Poch had them finishing 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

He was crap at Southampton as well. We should aim much higher. We should rather sign nobody but not go for Spurs rejects.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

:lol: You have to love the mackem saying “We’re the mags entire world” in a 264 page thread solely about NUFC which started on Feb 29th. 

My first thoughts when this deal looked like it was going through wasn’t who we’d sign, who’d manage or excitement at the prospect of getting rid is Ashley. Like everyone else, I was thinking about Sunderland. What fucking planet are they on? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

They qualified for the CL once under Redknapp. Poch had them finishing 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

they finished 8th after he took over from juande ramos half way through his first season then they finished 4th, 5th and 4th - which is a lot better than everton have managed lately. not detracting from what poch achieved. he's a quality manager and potentially a great fit for us. hasn't really won anything though. i wonder if the saudis will aim slightly higher. 

not that i'm getting carried away or owt. textbook mag with ideas above his station 

4 months ago we had Liverpool nailed on to win the title, Steve Bruce as manager, and no real hope of getting rid of Ashley as owner. Now we might see Liverpool’s title voided, a sovereign wealth fund that are planning to overhaul the club buying us, and we’re arguing about if we’d take Pochettino as manager. 

• Haha 5

i'm actually looking forward to properly following the club  - and football more broadly - again. it's been hard work paying much attention the last few years, or to give that much of a fuck. spoken like a true keegan bandwagon jumping glory supporter :lol:

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

My first thoughts when this deal looked like it was going through wasn’t who we’d sign, who’d manage or excitement at the prospect of getting rid is Ashley. Like everyone else, I was thinking about Sunderland. What fucking planet are they on? 

:lol: It’s almost like you are capable of thinking about NUFC while also taking a moment to take the piss/laugh at them. That’s not possible of course, you’re just obsessively thinking about 3rd tier SAFC while the club you love are being bought by people that plan to compete in the Champions League. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they finished 8th after he took over from juande ramos half way through his first season then they finished 4th, 5th and 4th - which is a lot better than everton have managed lately. not detracting from what poch achieved. he's a quality manager and potentially a great fit for us. hasn't really won anything though. i wonder if the saudis will aim slightly higher. 

not that i'm getting carried away or owt. textbook mag with ideas above his station 

The man is pretty much top of the list of every big club who are going to be looking for a manager but we can aim higher? :lol: 

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The man is pretty much top of the list of every big club who are going to be looking for a manager but we can aim higher? :lol: 

Can he beat an average success ration of 47% with leeds? 
I think not. 

I’ve got a strange feeling about the Keegan return.

It’d need to be strictly in the background to let the new manager carry on without being overshadowed

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

not saying he wouldn't be great manager for us, or that this wouldn't have sounded ridiculous before news of the takeover broke, but if they follow the chelsea/man city model, they won't wait long till they bring in a manager with experience of winning trophies, which is the area that is light on poch's cv. 

where i think they are likely to differ is not wasting any time with the incumbent - you won't see bruce hanging around for a season like ranieri and hughes did. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

not saying he wouldn't be great manager for us, or that this wouldn't have sounded ridiculous before news of the takeover broke, but if they follow the chelsea/man city model, they won't wait long till they bring in a manager with experience of winning trophies, which is the area that is light on poch's cv. 

where i think they are likely to differ is not wasting any time with the incumbent - you won't see bruce hanging around for a season like ranieri and hughes did. 

I don't even think we should feel bad for Bruce. He dropped Sheff Wed immediately, demonstrating zero loyalty to his projects, came here and played the worst football we've ever seen - and he's still going to be financially sorted as they'll have to pay him off. It's not like he was ever going to win anything here, or even had a project. If anything, the fact that they're buying in now and jettisoning him will mean he'll get another job at a reasonable level since he hasn't stuck around long enough for things to go sour here.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 6

Nedum Onouha said we should give Bruce a chance :lol:. Imagine seriously thinking a group that are paying £300m for the club after failing with multi billion pound bids for Liverpool and Manchester United, are going to come in and allow a bloke whose managerial peak was probably a 10th place finish with the mackems to lead the project.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't even think we should feel bad for Bruce. He dropped Sheff Wed immediately, demonstrating zero loyalty to his projects, came here and played the worst football we've ever seen - and he's still going to be financially sorted as they'll have to pay him off. It's not like he was ever going to win anything here, or even had a project. If anything, the fact that they're buying in now and jettisoning him will mean he'll get another job at a reasonable level since he hasn't stuck around long enough for things to go sour here.

Aye I don’t get people feeling bad for Bruce at all. He’s turned down the Newcastle job in the past, he took it more for the fact it was his last chance at a premier league club than he did because he’s from the region. He’s going to walk away with a few million for essentially 7 month work in a role he absolutely shouldn’t have been given. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve got a strange feeling about the Keegan return.

It’d need to be strictly in the background to let the new manager carry on without being overshadowed

I doubt he’d take some sort of bullshit ceremonial/ambassadorial role, glad handing corporate punters....unless it’s literally a place on the board with some sort of responsibility....or maybe just a board title with his only (part time) role to be the first person a prospective signing speaks to from NUFC.... I’d definitely halve him overseeing recruitment in some capacity...

• Like 3

It’s worked out about as well as it could’ve for Bruce. He’s an absolute fraud who managed to get us into a decent position (relative to expectations, certainly) by having an incredibly fortunate run of results. The average pundit or football follower will just look at the results without much analysis though and think he’s done a good job. He’ll walk away with a fortune and his reputation enhanced if anything. I mean that’s largely because most people are thick but that’s not exactly a revelation 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official