Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

When we aim for higher than Poch, who are we talking about btw? 

Because Guardiola and Klopp aren’t coming. Zidane? Allegeri? 

Allardyce 

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

not saying he wouldn't be great manager for us, or that this wouldn't have sounded ridiculous before news of the takeover broke, but if they follow the chelsea/man city model, they won't wait long till they bring in a manager with experience of winning trophies, which is the area that is light on poch's cv. 

where i think they are likely to differ is not wasting any time with the incumbent - you won't see bruce hanging around for a season like ranieri and hughes did. 

They're not trying to win cups and trophies straight away though. Everything that's been said is that they're going to spend big but there's an absolute fortune that needs to be spent on facilities, scouting and everything else that goes into making a successful team first. You'll need hundreds of millions just to catch up to everyone else as far as they're concerned. Pochettino is clearly talented enough to win trophies anyway iyam. Has a pretty excellent record of improving younger players too which is ideal as far as the Longstaffs are concerned since there was a genuine worry that they'd never get anywhere under Bruce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

When we aim for higher than Poch, who are we talking about btw? 

Because Guardiola and Klopp aren’t coming. Zidane? Allegeri? 

Naglesmann is the best young manager on the planet. Get him for a couple of seasons before he goes to Real or Barca...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Who feels sorry for him? I’d like to the results of that poll

It’s been thrown out by some on twitter and even a few of the lads I know have mentioned it. I agree it’s a minority but I just don’t understand the feeling at all, he basically won the lottery getting the job in the first place.

36 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Naglesmann is the best young manager on the planet. Get him for a couple of seasons before he goes to Real or Barca...

He’s good, but he’s been a manager for 3 or 4 years and has 0 trophies to his name. I’d imagine in Europe Pochettino is on a par as far as reputation goes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He’s good, but he’s been a manager for 3 or 4 years and has 0 trophies to his name. I’d imagine in Europe Pochettino is on a par as far as reputation goes

What as in 11 years a manager and no trophies?

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Don’t think he would be tempted with a move abroad yet.

Red Bull as well at Leipzig as at Salzburg have a habit of appointing young and upcoming managers. Rose is doing a great job at Gladbach now and his successor at Salzburg seems a good prospect as well. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A champions league final and consistent top 4 finishes trumps a one off 4th place finish in Bundesliga 

Well yes obviously. However you indicated that Naglesmann was inferior as he hadn’t won a trophy in the ‘3 or 4 years’ he’s been a manager. I was simply pointing out that neither had St Poch and he is an 11 year managerial veteran…. That’s all, no attack on Pochettino.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not to be arsey but I didn’t indicate that. I said Poch was on a par

Erm... " A champions league final and consistent top 4 finishes trumps a one off 4th place finish in Bundesliga" 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official