Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

I saw it on this feed...she's a solicitor, so don't shoot this messenger if it's bollocks.

If it all goes tits up I'll console myself with the thought that  Steve Wraith will look an even bigger utter cunt than he does now :lol:

• Haha 2

Wraith’s next book will be “ The Mansour Brothers- Mecca’s Gangland Underbelly”

They only chopped the hands off their own- nice blokes really, loved their mam. 

It’ll be his bestseller and may even reach double figures. 

• Haha 10

17 hours ago, Rayvin said:

We're around the end of week 3 judging by the posts in here. So I don't think anyone should be worrying yet.

We don't need you coming on here with your reasoned arguments.  Surely you know that by now B)

• Haha 1

Anyone else worried about how this Summer may affect the club? 

- Buying Khoulibaly, Coutinho, Cavani et al on £200k+ pw each, isn’t going to go down well with the rest of the squad on £40k pw.

- I can’t see the likes of Richie, Lascelles etc. putting up with any superstars not pulling their weight. 

- We are going to end up in a mental situation where we have a few world class players in the starting XI and the likes of Astu, Yedlin, Joelinton and Manquillo plugging the gaps around them 

One of the main reasons we’ve just about survived relegation so many times is down to the team morale.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. I don’t think it’s quite as simple as playing real life championship manager with an open cheque book 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No not really. It’ll be the first summer in 12 years or so that I’ll be genuinely excited about the new season and what might happen at the club. I wont give a stuff if the likes of Ritchie dont like having superstars around (he’ll probably be sold anyway)

• Like 1

That’s where it comes down to recruitment. The players we bring in don’t need to have a life long affinity with the club, they can be mercenaries as long as they their weight. 

If we see some big names coming then I think the excitement of moving the club forward will paper over a lot of the cracks in squad harmony.

I think it would be hilarious to see Atsu meeting Coutinho for the first time. Like Homer meeting Darryl Strawberry in the softball episode of The Simpsons.

"You're Phillipe Coutinho"

" I am"

"Are you better than me?"

"Well, I don't know you but....yes"

• Haha 5

I think Man City immediately after their takeover didn’t go for marquee signings as such...just much better players than they had...

Wayne Bridge, Bellamy, Given, Kompany (not the superstar he became at that point) etc... That’s probably the way to go whilst shipping out those no longer required...

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think Man City immediately after their takeover didn’t go for marquee signings as such...just much better players than they had...

Wayne Bridge, Bellamy, Given, Kompany (not the superstar he became at that point) etc... That’s probably the way to go whilst shipping out those no longer required...

Exactly. It wouldn't be hard to improve a lot of shite we have. A chest drawers would be better than Joelinton 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Exactly. It wouldn't be hard to improve a lot of shite we have. A chest drawers would be better than Joelinton 

Steady on. Im not sure he’s as good as a chest of drawers

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Given was a star tbh. He’d not long since  stopped Liverpool beating us 1-20 at home. 

Also the very, very first thing the new city owners did was spunk £40m on a marquee signing Robinho as well as spending heavily on Jo & De Jong.

Next season they did the same signing Tevez, Adebayor, Lescott as well as bringing in Viera.

So early on there were big names & those that weren’t were dear.

Most seasons after that seen 3-4 huge signings for a number of years. Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli etc.

So if we go down that route were in for one hell of a ride. Also I imagine the players already at the club will want to prove themselves rather than being dicks about it.

• Like 1

If you're a player you'd surely get a buzz about playing with better players and put the extra yards in to be a part of it. I'd be genuinely surprised if none of our players at all ended up in a successful Newcastle United. Players can evolve and although most wouldn't cut it it's certainly not as cut and dried as people would make it. Every team near the top of the league will have one or two more average players who get game time. Few teams are blessed with superstars all through the squad. I'd be champing at the bit if I was a current player. (Worst comes to worst they could end up moving to a better club than a Mike Ashley ran club).

• Like 4

Given that we made a profit of £19m last season and probably at least broke even this season (assuming we get all the TV money) then we could potentially lose £124m next season and still not be in breach of FFP.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

If you're a player you'd surely get a buzz about playing with better players and put the extra yards in to be a part of it. I'd be genuinely surprised if none of our players at all ended up in a successful Newcastle United. Players can evolve and although most wouldn't cut it it's certainly not as cut and dried as people would make it. Every team near the top of the league will have one or two more average players who get game time. Few teams are blessed with superstars all through the squad. I'd be champing at the bit if I was a current player. (Worst comes to worst they could end up moving to a better club than a Mike Ashley ran club).

True.

Who would you keep out of the current squad?

Dubravka

Darlow

Lascelles

Lejeune

Fernandez

Richie

Almiron

ASM

Matty L

Sean L

Shelvey

Id happily take Willems back if he was fit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Given that we made a profit of £19m last season and probably at least broke even this season (assuming we get all the TV money) then we could potentially lose £124m next season and still not be in breach of FFP.

Which would just about get you Coutinho + wages 

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

- Buying Khoulibaly, Coutinho, Cavani et al on £200k+ pw each, isn’t going to go down well with the rest of the squad on £40k pw.

- I can’t see the likes of Richie, Lascelles etc. putting up with any superstars not pulling their weight. 

- We are going to end up in a mental situation where we have a few world class players in the starting XI and the likes of Astu, Yedlin, Joelinton and Manquillo plugging the gaps around them 

One of the main reasons we’ve just about survived relegation so many times is down to the team morale.

Anyway, just some random thoughts. I don’t think it’s quite as simple as playing real life championship manager with an open cheque book 

I think the important thing is they bring in the right manager then support him with right sort of chief executive, chairman, DoF or whatever and allow that manager to pick the players to take the side to the next level. What I’m trying to say is I hope the new owners stay at arms length a bit without trying to interfere too much in terms of player recruitment. It’s a ‘problem’ we could’ve only dreamed of until recently like :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Dubravk

woodman

Lascelles

Lejeune

Schar

Fernandez

Almiron

ASM

Matty L

Sean L

joelinton

Would keep them, we are desperate for full backs, athletic centre midfielders and a decent centre forward. 

Think the centre backs are probably as good as it gets outside liverpool/city.

joelinton has been shite but would be pretty interested to see how he does in a better team with a better manager, albeit as a backup to mbappe

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

True.

Dubravka

Darlow

Lascelles

Lejeune

Fernandez

Richie

Almiron

ASM

Matty L

Sean L

Shelvey

25 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Dubravka

Darlow

Lascelles

Lejeune

Fernandez

Richie

Almiron

ASM

Matty L

Sean L

Shelvey

Schar not good enough for your squad?

I'd keep:

Dubravka

Lejeune

Schar

Fernandez

Almiron

ASM

Matty L

Sean L

42 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Which would just about get you Coutinho + wages 

It’ll get you much more than that. The transfer fee isn’t accounted for up front but over the length of the contract.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official