Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Kieran Maguire the football finance expert has weighed in on this, probably non-issue, of piracy being linked to Saudi. He basically said that there isn't any clear evidence linking the two parties, and that even if there are suspicions, it would make more sense for the premier league to give approval in order to get the Saudi's to bid for the rights and stop any piracy.

https://www.nufcblog.com/2020/05/13/football-finance-lecturer-weighs-in-on-nufc-takeover/

Edited by Polarboy

The latest from .com

Take Over Latest

Thanks to everyone who has been in touch regarding our recent takeover update:

Attempts to make sense of what is currently going on have resulted in nothing meaningful - although there's certainly substance to claims that other PL clubs aren't happy with the proposed deal.

Whether that opposition in itself is enough to halt or derail the proposed purchase is another big unknown at this point. 

As a consequence, we're unable to say whether it's more or less likely to happen and the timescale for finding out - one way or the other - is a matter of guesswork.

Clear as mud basically 

14 minutes ago, Dougle said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52651771

Like a dog with a bone..... Third article by good old Aunty pushing the same agenda

It’s like they’ve serialised one ordinary sized interview as several instalments :rolleyes: Nowt against her, obviously, and she clearly has grounds for her opposition to the Saudi regime, but why are they flogging this like a dead horse? As I’ve mentioned before, why isn’t her view on Britain’s and the West’s relationship with that regime more pertinent? It’s fucking pathetic journalism 

Edited by Alex
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

off mark?

wide of the mark

The night United stormed Europe - Chronicle Live

That suit/face/tie/way the tie is knotted, man. What a fucking clip :lol: 

I've read the letter, it basically goes without saying that her accusations against the Saudi regime are fair.

Unfortunately its utterly groundless in its relation to Newcastle fans and largely incorrect in regards the wider footballing context too.

Claim after claim about being "tempted" by this offer, as if its an offer made directly to fans. We need to THINK about accepting it apparently, as if that impacts anything in this situation.

"The rules of the premier league do not allow the Crown Prince to own and control your club." This simply isn't a fact as stated and it remains to be seen whether the PL make that judgement, but that has nothing to do with us either.

"Your voice will be so very powerful"

Will.

It.

Fuck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well that’s it as well, if anything the letter should be aimed at the seller, and even then it would be too late. It’s less emotive that way though 

So why do the BBC keep pushing this?

A state run broadcasting company. A state that engages very enthusiastically with the Kingdom of Saud quite happily when it comes to weapons etc.

Edited by Dougle
  • Like 3

I also don’t understand all these journalists running stories about rival PL clubs opposing it. They surely cannot have any say, otherwise you’re allowing them to have a say in the future and ability of a direct rival. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

I also don’t understand all these journalists running stories about rival PL clubs opposing it. They surely cannot have any say, otherwise you’re allowing them to have a say in the future and ability of a direct rival. 

Aye thats a weird one.

Surely every competing club doesn't want any other competing club to be taken over by wealthier or more ambitious owners.

• Like 2

There is surely no way that any PL club can possibly block this deal on the grounds of just being scared of the financial muscle. The only basis they'd have would be the piracy issue even if it's just a smoke screen.

I still don't see how this doesn't go through really - even if there was something in the piracy stuff, how can the Premier League make that judgement outside of proper legal channels? Why would it risk that?

• Like 2

Aye, I also don’t see how blocking it on those grounds would help their cause. If anything, if it was true, they’d double down on it. They’d need a pretty solid case to block a deal over a link which the Saudis have successfully disproven in a court, it’s not just the Saudis the PL would burn here they’d be blocking Ashley from £300m which he is likely going to use to buy up SD shares, so I can’t see it being something he’d sit back and accept. 

6 minutes ago, Dougle said:

When does logic ever come into an agenda driven thing?

True, I just don’t see how they’d be able to win in court. Saying that them taking their sweet time on this could be them trying to come up with that case. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official