Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On the other hand, it makes the Premier League utterly invincible on the global scene, if this goes through.

I just dont think they'll have the stones to reject it. It's not closing the door on this takeover, it's rejecting the Saudis full stop. And all they'll do is go and invest in another league and draw attention and money away from the PL.

Personally I don’t think the PL has the stones or the grounds to deny it but we’ll see. Even if they do I’d expect it to be challenged in court. I doubt they’re concerned with the human rights aspects though, they might take longer for the sake of appearances but that’s it. And btw if they waved through Abramovich and Shinawatra you have to wonder how PIF wouldn’t qualify

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kitman said:

Personally I don’t think the PL has the stones or the grounds to deny it but we’ll see. Even if they do I’d expect it to be challenged in court. I doubt they’re concerned with the human rights aspects though, they might take longer for the sake of appearances but that’s it. And btw if they waved through Abramovich and Shinawatra you have to wonder how PIF wouldn’t qualify

If it's man City objecting, their last two owners should have failed any fit and proper test on moral grounds. 

3 hours ago, NJS said:

If it's man City objecting, their last two owners should have failed any fit and proper test on moral grounds. 

What makes you think that city would complain. We've been suffering this agenda shit since pep started winning big. The fact we're being done for FFP is a direct influence of that agenda! But hey from city fans welcome to the club, we need someone else to take this flak from the g14, I really don't think man city would be objecting. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, blueman said:

What makes you think that city would complain. We've been suffering this agenda shit since pep started winning big. The fact we're being done for FFP is a direct influence of that agenda! But hey from city fans welcome to the club, we need someone else to take this flak from the g14, I really don't think man city would be objecting. 

I was just thinking from a UAE/Saudi antipathy pov rather than anything related to football. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

You have to laugh at what people pretend they think is important. 

It doesn't cause any harm to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia to get some other stupid muslims killed, but beware of the threat to the general public because some arabs are able to watch british sports without paying for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s been trying for this piracy meeting for over a year with no luck.

It’s all noise. I still haven’t heard anything from my man to suggest it won’t go through 

Parts of it do feel like papers trying to generate clicks over a story that naturally doesn’t have much information leaking. Weren’t the Mail one of the main ones pushing the ‘it’ll be approved this week’ story last weekend? now they’re pumping out all these stories about delays and throwing the process in turmoil, I wouldn’t be very surprised to see them going back to ‘it’ll be approved this week’ on Saturday or Sunday. 

If it’s rejected it’s pure agenda to preserve the “top” teams and stop another Manchester City barging in. There wasn’t a real reason to reject them based on the actual test, I remember seeing quotes from the prior PL head that if you can legally open/own a business in the UK then the PL tests won’t stop you owning a PL club, this would be finalized if this deal was for Manchester United or Liverpool. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Howay said:

Parts of it do feel like papers trying to generate clicks over a story that naturally doesn’t have much information leaking. Weren’t the Mail one of the main ones pushing the ‘it’ll be approved this week’ story last weekend? now they’re pumping out all these stories about delays and throwing the process in turmoil, I wouldn’t be very surprised to see them going back to ‘it’ll be approved this week’ on Saturday or Sunday. 

If it’s rejected it’s pure agenda to preserve the “top” teams and stop another Manchester City barging in. There wasn’t a real reason to reject them based on the actual test, I remember seeing quotes from the prior PL head that if you can legally open/own a business in the UK then the PL tests won’t stop you owning a PL club, this would be finalized if this deal was for Manchester United or Liverpool. 

Also, it's being delayed by parties wanting to use the attention for their own agendas. Some of them have every right to do it (Khasoggi's widow) and others are just cunts (Giles Watling). 

The rights issue will surely be resolved to everybody's satisfaction when a Saudi broadcaster win the rights for the MENA region in 2022?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s all noise. I still haven’t heard anything from my man to suggest it won’t go through 

Gay lol 

• Haha 1

What's your gut feeling about this now lads. There seems to be more & more things getting thrown at it on a daily basis. Surely we cant get this close for it get rejected can it ? I'll be gutted if it does I've convinced myself that we'd seen the end of Ashley at SJP

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official