Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Oliver Bernard reckons a reliable source/sauce has told him that the takeover is happening today. Don't recall Bernard making any predictions before, or what sort of record he has of being full of shite, or not.

Jimmy Bullard reckons his patter stinks 

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Jimmy Bullard reckons his patter stinks 

Bullard looks like he should have been an extra on Confessions of a Window Cleaner. Him and that guy who presents Soccer AM are twats who've failed to realise that 90's lad culture died a long time ago.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Bullard looks like he should have been an extra on Confessions of a Window Cleaner. Him and that guy who presents Soccer AM are twats who've failed to realise that 90's lad culture died a long time ago.

Looks like the milkman from that Frankie Boyle sktech ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

About 1:55 in if you don’t know what I’m on about 

that is so cringe. the lad asking the questions can barely contain his glee, every question accompanied by a little smirk to himself 

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Soccer am is and always has been pure fucking cringe. 

It started when I was 12, so it was grand for a few years when at the time I was still amazed that a vaguely attractive female was interested in football, and Tim Lovejoy's sense of humour seemed cutting edge :D

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Not sure who I'm supposed to root for. Being a music purist to the point you have to call someone out on TV is wank, and so is being a poser who wears band t shirts for fashion without having a love for said band. It's a bit like atheists who bang on about being an atheist so much it becomes a dogmatic religion to them, i.e. it sours what may be an entirely reasonable viewpoint. This reminds me that I ordered a Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness t shirt recently. I'll definitely be refreshing my memory on that album, apart from the obvious Tonight, Tonight, so I don't get caught out :D In fairness I've recently been listening to Siamese Dream.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

To be fair there are a lot of popular bands/artists out there who seldom made a good album.

The Ramones are probably one of them. My favourite is probably “The best of the ramones” 

• Jaysus... 1

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

To be fair there are a lot of popular bands/artists out there who seldom made a good album.

The Ramones are probably one of them. My favourite is probably “The best of the ramones” 

Fucking blasphemy, Give your heed a shake Tom, especially as a Green Day fan!

If you haven't seen it, look out for the Punk four part documentary EP'd by Iggy Pop that was released in 2019.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

4 hours ago, sammynb said:

Fucking blasphemy, Give your heed a shake Tom, especially as a Green Day fan!

If you haven't seen it, look out for the Punk four part documentary EP'd by Iggy Pop that was released in 2019.

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Green Day probably owe more to the Descendents than the Ramones tbf 

How the fuck did we get here? :wacko:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Not sure who I'm supposed to root for. Being a music purist to the point you have to call someone out on TV is wank, and so is being a poser who wears band t shirts for fashion without having a love for said band. It's a bit like atheists who bang on about being an atheist so much it becomes a dogmatic religion to them, i.e. it sours what may be an entirely reasonable viewpoint. This reminds me that I ordered a Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness t shirt recently. I'll definitely be refreshing my memory on that album, apart from the obvious Tonight, Tonight, so I don't get caught out :D In fairness I've recently been listening to Siamese Dream.

Mellon Collie is too indulgent and long with brief highlights whereas Siamese Dream is a musical masterpiece and very strong contender for the best album ever made.

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official