Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

:rolleyes:

McClaren told talkSPORT:

"He's done a good job. He's stabilised them. He's got them playing a system which is not attractive, but has got them results with limited resources. He's in the driving seat to say right, put me in front of these new owners and I'm going to sell a dream and a vision for this football club for the next five years. This is what's been going on, this is what I've seen can improve. These are the players that can improve us, what budget have we got? "He's in the driving seat and I would say what a fantastic opportunity Steve Bruce has got now." The Magpies sit 13th in the Premier League table - eight points clear of the relegation zone - but have faced criticism for their style of play and troubles in front of goal. McClaren feels sympathy for the current Magpies' head coach - citing his own short-lived spell in charge which led to United's relegation in 2016 - and believes a takeover could see a return to the entertaining football he believes fans crave.

The former United boss added: "I've been there with no strikers, and it's a struggle and it's hard week in, week out. It's hard to manage in that climate. If I've got a new owner coming it with money, all of a sudden I'm so excited about the future, and I've got to sell that vision to the new owners. I want this, I want that, I want to fill the stadium. To do that, we've got to put players on the park who can entertain that crowd because that's what Newcastle is. Ginola, Asprilla - that's the kind of football team that they want, and they haven't had it for years and years because of budget resources not being there. If they've got the budget - wow, what that club can do. It must be exciting and Steve must be looking forward to it."

Delusional doesn't quite cover it for McClaren. Then again he likely couldn't have survived brollygate and generally being thought of as a plonker if he wasn't delusional.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Haha 2

If there’s one person whose views should be respected, it’s him. Especially after the sterling work he did here. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

mcclaren.gif

That gif reminds me of the time a mate of mine was on a dance floor and pointed at a girl, pointed at himself, and did a little hand shuffle thing in an attempt to entice her over. Suffice it to say that she wasn't having it :D

• Haha 4

:lol: I read Paul McGrath’s autobiography a while back. Anyway there’s a bit where he’s on about his time at Derby where Schteve was Jim Smith’s assistant. He said he couldn’t believe the lack of respect the players had for McClaren 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Video of Poch on Sky. He seems very open to coming to us. The interviewer was clearly trying to steer it that way when he asked if he'd manage a team outside the top six, and Poch most definitely didn't rule it out. https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/newcastle-united/11993069/poch-happy-in-london

Thank fuck that fraud Poch :razz: has given away his hand in his interview with the Guardian.

Pochettino spoke to Levy last week as he prepared to sever his professional ties with Spurs, mainly to thank him for trusting in him back in 2014. “I also joked with him: ‘Oh, you signed me because the manager you liked at that time, [Louis] van Gaal, chose to go to Manchester United,’” he says, with another big smile.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/22/mauricio-pochettino-jose-mourinho-tottenham-spurs-interview

Ole's getting sacked in the morning.

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Video of Poch on Sky. He seems very open to coming to us. The interviewer was clearly trying to steer it that way when he asked if he'd manage a team outside the top six, and Poch most definitely didn't rule it out. https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/newcastle-united/11993069/poch-happy-in-london

Dear "Poch"

I like Rafa better than you

I want Rafa as the next NUFC manager

• Like 1

EID MUBARAK TO ALL OUR NEW SAUDI POSTERS! :D 🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦

Were the moral guardians at the Premier League told to throttle back on the announcement till after Ramadan or they’d get their hands chopped off?  🤔

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, sammynb said:

Thank fuck that fraud Poch :razz: has given away his hand in his interview with the Guardian.

Ole's getting sacked in the morning.

Fraud? Do you even watch football mate? You don't get to the Champions League final, and consistently qualify for it, if you are a fraud. And as far as I can see the major reason things went stale for him at Spurs, and he didn't quite win a major trophy, was because of Levy's penny pinching. And in the article you linked it points out that Pochettino was being scouted for the Real job as far back as his Espanyol days, and he's currently still seemingly well thought of by the big clubs around Europe. So I think I'll trust my eyes in terms of the football Spurs played, the level he built them up to, and the opinion of world class football professionals, over yourself. No offence B)

12 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Dear "Poch"

I like Rafa better than you

I want Rafa as the next NUFC manager

Dear "Rafa"

You were great, but going home again rarely works out.

I want a young, hungry manager with a point to prove,

and progressive style of football over your pragmatism.

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Dear "Rafa"

You were great, but going home again rarely works out.

I want a young, hungry manager with a point to prove,

and progressive style of football over your pragmatism.

Give Rafa a decent few quid and he will win us a pot I'm sure of it and we will play brilliant football, the Napoli side he built up was one of the most exciting attractive sides I've ever seen.

I would be happy with either but would also have some misgivings about Benitez returning because it rarely seems to work. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Give Rafa a decent few quid and he will win us a pot I'm sure of it and we will play brilliant football, the Napoli side he built up was one of the most exciting attractive sides I've ever seen.

Rafa bought some great attacking players for Napoli, but they were still a pragmatic side on the whole. It was the same at Liverpool. Gerrard and Torres ripped up the league at certain points, but they still had that pragmatic base. Benitez has never once been thought of as an attack minded coach. Mostly though I'm more worried about it not working out a second time. I wouldn't be unhappy if Rafa was rehired to be clear, but my preference is obvious.

Edited by Polarboy

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would be happy with either but would also have some misgivings about Benitez returning because it rarely seems to work. 

But the difference of Rafa returning as opposed to other bosses is that he wasnt allowed to do the job first time round so it wont be a case of him 'doing it again'.

He'd certainly be my first choice like

• Like 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official