Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think this has been a very informed argument tbh, but i don't remember his style of play being something they had issue with. It was a class thing, like a perception that he was beneath them, at least from what I recall. They had Mourinho for years ffs, he literally lived by counter attacks.

Rafa may well bring a less interesting brand of football, but even if that was true he'd be my first choice just for the sheer respect I have for the man for taking us on even through relegation, even with Ashley. Pocchetino, good as he may, right man as he may be, is only interested in us because we now have money and the potential to improve. Rafa was interested in us at least in part because of the identity of the club.

Given what's about to happen to us, I think hiring a man who understands us as a city and a club would help us to retain a sense of who we are in amongst the millions being spent.

I'd be fine with Poch, but Rafa would be my first choice.

Cracking post.

51 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think this has been a very informed argument tbh, but i don't remember his style of play being something they had issue with. It was a class thing, like a perception that he was beneath them, at least from what I recall. They had Mourinho for years ffs, he literally lived by counter attacks.

Rafa may well bring a less interesting brand of football, but even if that was true he'd be my first choice just for the sheer respect I have for the man for taking us on even through relegation, even with Ashley. Pocchetino, good as he may, right man as he may be, is only interested in us because we now have money and the potential to improve. Rafa was interested in us at least in part because of the identity of the club.

Given what's about to happen to us, I think hiring a man who understands us as a city and a club would help us to retain a sense of who we are in amongst the millions being spent.

I'd be fine with Poch, but Rafa would be my first choice.

I'm going by what I remember, but I did also link three articles a page ago or so to back up my claim that players and Spanish pundits criticised his tactics specifically. Class of course could also have played a part, who knows.

Edited by Polarboy

Mourinho has gone somewhat stale where I think Rafa has evolved. I love his obsession for the game and it'll keep him sharp tactically. Some of these younger managers have success at a club then fail to replicate it. Not Rafa. He's a cut above. I can't believe we even got him the first time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given the choice between Rafa and Pochettino as our first post-Fat Cunt manager, the fact is we don’t have a choice- as usual. 

That being said, Rafa is a no-brainer for me. 
He already knows the club, players and what’s needed to improve, he is hugely popular with the fan base, and has an exemplary record. 

He’s a known entity as far as NUFC is concerned, and would hit the ground running. 

I’m not saying Pochettino is a worse manager or anything, just that I think we’d get a trophy a season or two faster under Rafa than Wor Maurice. 

I also think that if you brought him in as manager with a remit to win the club a trophy, he could then move to DOF ( if that’s something he’d be interested in) and bring in a younger manager to work in tandem with him. 

There’s admittedly a lot of speculation involve in the above, but if I was in charge of the club, it’d be the route I’d explore first. 

And the winner is.

Mate you are genuinely hard work, a bit weird too.

You told me to untwist my panties (twice) and now you’re telling me, and the rest of the board, rest of the world potentially, that you don’t wear panties. Baffled.

21 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Nah, he had to be referring to me B)

Of course I was, and you've won a free trip to Specsavers sans panties if you want.

Others have already pointed out your hard on for Poch is undeserved. A guy who inherited a top 6 squad at Spurs then went on to lose the confidence of the best player the club had seen since Bale.

And to top it off Koeman did a better job at Southampton even after they sold Poch's two best players.

All I have to add is that 18 months before Poch left spurs almost all his best players had started to run their contracts down. They appeared to be motivated by the champions league but not so much the premier league. Then at the start of this season they were so under motivated that they got beat by us at home.  There's better managers out there. Let him go and be Man Utds new Tommy Docherty (ask your dad kids)  We should be looking for the new Keegan. I think he lies to the east... possibly around Leipzig... B)

• Like 4

Poch was inches away from great things at Spurs, his players bottled it a few times when it came to the business end of the season. Although his judgement of not only buying Sissoko but making him one of the first on the team sheet always made me wonder what the fuck he was thinking as that is fucking barmy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougle said:

Mate you are genuinely hard work, a bit weird too.

You told me to untwist my panties (twice) and now you’re telling me, and the rest of the board, rest of the world potentially, that you don’t wear panties. Baffled.

Weird? Says the person that wrote Irony? and then Time Machine? You were being weird so I gave you a weird response. And in fairness I only meant to question the position of your panties once. I wrote the comment without quoting you, another comment was made in between, so I deleted it and quoted you so there was no confusion. And if it's normal for you to wear woman's panties I'm not here to judge :icon_lol: To be clear though I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just banter as Richard Keys would say.

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Of course I was, and you've won a free trip to Specsavers sans panties if you want.

Others have already pointed out your hard on for Poch is undeserved. A guy who inherited a top 6 squad at Spurs then went on to lose the confidence of the best player the club had seen since Bale.

And to top it off Koeman did a better job at Southampton even after they sold Poch's two best players.

Others can have an opinion and so can I, and I'm baffled that some on here don't seem to grasp that, but their fanboying for Rafa seems to have blinded them. Not that I don't understand the love for Rafa, I loved him when he was here as well, but I don't like looking back. It's a partially subjective assessment when you get to the top end of coaches in any case. It depends on what style of play you prefer, and if people on here like Rafa's style of play fair enough, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for preferring another style, again it's just a preference. As for having a hard on for him, it's no more pronounced than the one for Rafa on here, and I would argue bit less so given I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said about him in the media and elsewhere. As for Pochettino's time at Spurs, as I've already said his tenure always has to be seen in the context of Levy's penny pinching. Spurs had one of the lowest net spends in the entire league over his tenure there. I would argue that at crucial times he wasn't given the funds that say Klopp spent on Van Dijk and Alisson, to take them to the next level. Consistently qualifying for the Champions league and nearly winning it is nothing to be sniffed at given the aforementioned. As for Eriksen we have no idea what was going on in his head. He may have just had his head turned as opposed to having fallen out with Pochettino. Even if he did fall out with Eriksen it may have been case of Eriksen just being dick, who knows. And to be clear I'm not trying to start this whole debate over again. I think it's clear that I'd prefer Pochettino and why, which funnily enough isn't a crime :D

Edited by Polarboy

I really don't think anyone on here is a fanboy of anyone tbh. :cuppa:

Apart from King Kev. I'm a fanboy of his I suppose. :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Weird? Says the person that wrote Irony? and then Time Machine? You were being weird so I gave you a weird response. And in fairness I only meant to question the position of your panties once. I wrote the comment without quoting you, another comment was made in between, so I deleted it and quoted you so there was no confusion. And if it's normal for you to wear woman's panties I'm not here to judge :icon_lol: To be clear though I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just banter as Richard Keys would say.

Others can have an opinion and so can I, and I'm baffled that some on here don't seem to grasp that, but their fanboying for Rafa seems to have blinded them. Not that I don't understand the love for Rafa, I loved him when he was here as well, but I don't like looking back. It's a partially subjective assessment when you get to the top end of coaches in any case. It depends on what style of play you prefer, and if people on here like Rafa's style of play fair enough, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong for preferring another style, again it's just a preference. As for having a hard on for him, it's no more pronounced than the one for Rafa on here, and I would argue bit less so given I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said about him in the media and elsewhere. As for Pochettino's time at Spurs as I've already said his tenure always has to be seen in the context of Levy's penny pinching. Spurs had one of the lowest net spends in the entire league over his tenure there. I would argue that at crucial times he wasn't given the funds that say Klopp spent on Van Dijk and Alisson, to take them to the next level. Consistently qualifying for the Champions league and nearly winning it is nothing to be sniffed at given the aforementioned. As for Eriksen we have no idea what was going on in his head. He may have just had his head turned as opposed to having fallen out with Pochettino. Even if he did fall out with Eriksen it may have been case of Eriksen just being dick, who knows. And to be clear I'm not trying to start this whole debate over again. I think it's clear that I'd prefer Pochettino and why, which funnily enough isn't a crime :D

OK mate. Thanks for clarifying .

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official