Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

9 minutes ago, StrayMackemNutter said:

I'd tempt Wenger back into management.

A mackem would need to tempt Brian Clough out of the grave, to have any hope of tangible success for your club for the foreseeable. 

2 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’m also a King Kev fan boy. My all time favourite man in football.

only a fan boy?

you ever see the movie true romance?

where at the begining clarence worley is chatting to the pissed up marilyn  munroe lookalike and he tells her if his life depended on it and he had to fuck a man it would be elvis presley?

well I'd fuck kevin keegan.

not entirely sure how happy kev would be about that mind, but hey, it's purely hypothetical!

:)

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

only a fan boy?

where at the begining clarence worley is chatting to the pissed up marilyn  munroe lookalike and he tells her if his life depended on it and he had to fuck a man it would be elvis presley?

not entirely sure how happy kev would be about that mind, but hey, it's purely hypothetical!

Tremendous sentiment. But I am scared of you now.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

only a fan boy?

Are you a sponge or a stone? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Tremendous sentiment. But I am scared of you now.

don't worry mate, I only hold a torch for salma hayek in reality.

actually, my appreciation for the way in which lucy verasamy presents the weather seems to piss the wife off too!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't worry mate, I only hold a torch for salma hayek in reality.

actually, my appreciation for the way in which lucy verasamy presents the weather seems to piss the wife off too!

Any port in a storm.

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

All I have to add is that 18 months before Poch left spurs almost all his best players had started to run their contracts down. They appeared to be motivated by the champions league but not so much the premier league. Then at the start of this season they were so under motivated that they got beat by us at home.  There's better managers out there. Let him go and be Man Utds new Tommy Docherty (ask your dad kids)  We should be looking for the new Keegan. I think he lies to the east... possibly around Leipzig... B)

You know, I wasn't on the Nagelsmann wagon, I fancied Pochettino, but I picked RBL as my team to watch when the Bundesliga came back in and I'm coming around...

The Telegraph are reporting that Benitez wants to come back, and that he wants to sign Ross Barkley and John Stones. If this happens to be true, and it's a big if to be fair, can we agree that Pochettino signing Sissoko is something that can no longer be held against him when comparing him to Rafa :icon_lol: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/24/exclusive-rafael-benitez-wants-make-second-coming-newcastle/

John Stones and Ross Barkley, two of the most overrated English footballers of all time. Slightly hyperbolic, but not far off the truth. In fairness it likely is complete bollocks. That is unless this journalist has literally hacked Rafa's phone and or computer, which I suppose isn't that far fetched when you see what that Financial Times journo got caught doing, and every other hacking scandal.

On 5/24/2020 at 04:41, Monkeys Fist said:

Given the choice between Rafa and Pochettino as our first post-Fat Cunt manager, the fact is we don’t have a choice- as usual. 

That being said, Rafa is a no-brainer for me. 
He already knows the club, players and what’s needed to improve, he is hugely popular with the fan base, and has an exemplary record. 

He’s a known entity as far as NUFC is concerned, and would hit the ground running. 

I’m not saying Pochettino is a worse manager or anything, just that I think we’d get a trophy a season or two faster under Rafa than Wor Maurice. 

I also think that if you brought him in as manager with a remit to win the club a trophy, he could then move to DOF ( if that’s something he’d be interested in) and bring in a younger manager to work in tandem with him. 

There’s admittedly a lot of speculation involve in the above, but if I was in charge of the club, it’d be the route I’d explore first. 

Also, I would assume that Rafa is unlikely to be poached as a manager, whereas Poch, if what people have been saying about him being coveted by other clubs is true, could be poached by Real, Barca, Man U etc. 

Whether he should be is a discussion for about 14 other pages of this thread, but would he stay if push came to shove?  I think Rafa would stay.

On 5/23/2020 at 01:00, Polarboy said:

That gif reminds me of the time a mate of mine was on a dance floor and pointed at a girl, pointed at himself, and did a little hand shuffle thing in an attempt to entice her over. Suffice it to say that she wasn't having it :D

Was it MF? 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Was it MF? 

There was quite a lot of dry ice, I suppose it's possible :icon_lol:

Edit. That Eurosport France journo Manu has said that an announcement could happen in the next 24-48 hours. As far as I recall he's been pretty reliable, but I could be wrong. But as some others have said, if you consistently keep saying it's going to happen you'll be right eventually.

https://sportslens.com/report-newcastle-united-takeover-could-be-completed-soon-and-announcement-could-take-place-within-24-to-48-hours/298154/

Edited by Polarboy

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official