Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

For what it's worth, I can't see it not happening, given the politics over there the loss of face for the Saudi's (and not just some random Sheik, but the royal house) from being thwarted by Qatar would be unthinkable IMO. It'll get sorted I reckon.

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Of course our government are going to support it. The economy is on its arse - they’ll be desperate to flog them more arms 

I agree.The government aren’t going to come out and say the Premier League have been told,by us,to get it pushed through.

Good point about the economy being on it’s arse and the billions of business between both countries.

If anyone had any lingering doubt about this not happening, when you get to the stage where Marr is asking the head of the WTO about Newcastle United...  

Premier league simply waiting for the report as cover to say no. :(

I saw Marr today and don't see how you can remotely draw conclusions from what the WTO guy said. In the the whole interview, he talked a lot and said absolutely nothing. 

If CT is of the opinion it won't happen, that gives me confidence it will. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I actually do agree with CT on this one, I fear that that the decision of the PL is relying on the submissions to the WTO and therefore holding back with the decision until the result of the WTO is published.

Well, it was fun for the first four to five weeks to actually look forward to something.

Cans are out of the fridge here to make room for other stuff.

19 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I actually do agree with CT on this one, I fear that that the decision of the PL is relying on the submissions to the WTO and therefore holding back with the decision until the result of the WTO is published.

Well, it was fun for the first four to five weeks to actually look forward to something.

cans have been going in to then back out my fridge at an alarming rate for the last 3 months. frequently enough in fact for it probably to be a matter of concern.

this has got absolutely fuck all to do with newcastle's protracted takeover!

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think he’s right in that it appears to be what they’re waiting for. Although how you could determine one way or the other what the decision would be, based on the interview CT mentions, is beyond me. The bloke literally said he couldn’t comment on the outcome of it 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think he’s right in that it appears to be what they’re waiting for. Although how you could determine one way or the other what the decision would be, based on the interview CT mentions, is beyond me. The bloke literally said he couldn’t comment on the outcome of it 

I wasn’t about the interview which was just empty phrases but about the process of making a decision. I am very sceptical about how this has dragged on and about the secrecy which does put a lot of people and the club in a limbo. It does seem very unfair to me but might be understandable if the PL are hindered by other obstacles. If they were about to approve it they could have done weeks ago.

I think they would’ve certainly come in for criticism if they’d given the okay before this report comes out. I’m not sure what effect it’s going to have on the outcome but they definitely have to be seen to have considered it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah, it’s definitely not a straightforward takeover. Likewise they could’ve blocked it weeks ago 

It would have been difficult to base the decision on a report and its conclusions that is still confidential. I think we will know more in a couple of days but have to say that a positive outcome would surprise me now.

24 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It would have been difficult to base the decision on a report and its conclusions that is still confidential. I think we will know more in a couple of days but have to say that a positive outcome would surprise me now.

That’s the point though. They’ve decided to at least appear to consider the report so once that was the case the timescale was set. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

This process is certainly separating the willy wavers from the bed wetters 

:lol:

Mrs CT: "Andrew! What are you doing in there?"

CT: "Just waving the willy dear, anarchy prevails if you don't, what with the economy and covid not to mention brexit I'm needing to wave it even more vigorously than usual."

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Renton said:

I saw Marr today and don't see how you can remotely draw conclusions from what the WTO guy said. In the the whole interview, he talked a lot and said absolutely nothing. 

If CT is of the opinion it won't happen, that gives me confidence it will. 

CT will have hoped no one else caught it then posted whatever he thought would wind the most people up. That said, it would be typical if this was his ‘even a stopped clock....’ moment 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

Im sure there'll be some movement this week. I'm more confident now than when it all started. 

I simply can't see the PL passing up the opportunity to involve them. Money talks. 

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Mrs CT: "Andrew! What are you doing in there?"

CT: "Just waving the willy dear, anarchy prevails if you don't, what with the economy and covid not to mention brexit I'm needing to wave it even more vigorously than usual."

I hate this

• Haha 4

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official