Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Courtesy of @JawD giving me a hotel room where the players were staying during Stevie Harper’s testimonial - a friend an I,  both dressed quite smartly, walked straight into the private section of the hotel where the AC Milan players were eating. 

We sat down in the middle of them and enjoyed a free bar, a free meal and then got our pictures taken with the players.

Luckily my friend speaks fluent Italian, I was fucking mortal.

Nobody said anything :lol: 

:lol:

That's class

Met loads of toon players as well, it was mental.

Had a couple of pints with Keith Gillespie, Darren Peacock & David Ginola :lol:

Ended up sharing breakfast with Brian Kilcline.

Ive got photos but have no place to upload them & can’t figure it out. Storage space on here man....

@Ant help me :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Tom said:

My uncle once seen Wyn Davies in the Turkish baths at Gateshead. He was absolutely black & blue with horrible bruises everywhere. “Ah, it was terrible, terrible” - Uncle.

He thought “there’s no chance he’ll be playing against Man City on Saturday”.

Obviously he played. 

I know someone who used to play alongside him and Wynn Davies was apparently on a genuine pay as you play deal so that helps explain that. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I used to vaguely know Wes Saunders.  Was in a  pub in Boldon Colliery after a game one Saturday and I said to him pretty quiet game  today Wes. He pulled his shirt up and he looked like hed been beaten with a club. Same with his legs. It was brutal

His fatha had a factory on the Helton Lyons ind est.Saunders used to live just of the A690 Near East Rainton.

I live about an hour or so's drive from Lifford in Donegal which is where Shay Given was born and bred. A friend of the family is pretty good mates with Seamus, Shay's dad. We all went to a pre-season match together when Dalglish, heaven help us, was managing the team. We were playing Bohemians in Dublin. Met Shay's sister who's a looker, or at least was 23 years ago :icon_lol: Met Seamus and asked him what big Al was like and he had only good things to say, but I suppose it's not likely he'd say anything else, then again Al and Shay are supposed to be pretty good mates. After the match we went to the hotel the lads were staying at. I met Shay and John Barnes, the rest of the lads were already sitting down for a drink. Dalglish's son and another player, I can't recall who, were sharing a pint of Guinness like two old grannies. Unfortunately it was early preseason so Shearer and Rob Lee were still sunning themselves on their annual joint family holiday. Oh yeah met Dabizas as well who seemed like a sound bloke, as did Barnes and Shay. Having said all that Shay has a bit of a reputation on the drink when he's been out and about around Donegal. For further context I was 14 when all this happened if following players back to the hotel sounds a bit juvenile. 

Edit. Actually it was the 98/99 preseason, so it was 22 years ago.

Edited by Polarboy

I served Terry Mac when I used to pull pints at the Chinese restaurant in Darras Hall. He told me the keep the beers coming. I obliged and he tipped me a fiver, which was massive to a 15 year old. Legend 

I was in the bigg market ladbrokes a long while ago and Glenn Roeder was talking to a well known bookies dweller at the time called world cup willie (r.i.p)  

I said hello Glenn, how you doing ?  He looked up from the racing post he was reading, said nowt then looked back down at the paper.

world cup willie with a look and slight movement of the head told me to fuck off. So i did.

• Haha 2

I ran into big Al in a sports store in Sydney, strangely he was standing at the end of a rather lengthy queue.

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I once saw Nikos Dabizas and his lass shopping for wedding dresses once and he looked well miserable. Top that!

I saw him in that Greek restaurant in the Bigg Market 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official