Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Does BEIN's rights cover Saudi Arabia though? 

If it doesn't then this would be the same as France getting upset with people watching British Sky there. 

Allowing piracy is one thing but why should they tolerate them if they don't have those rights. 

38 minutes ago, NJS said:

Does BEIN's rights cover Saudi Arabia though? 

If it doesn't then this would be the same as France getting upset with people watching British Sky there. 

Allowing piracy is one thing but why should they tolerate them if they don't have those rights. 

bein‘s contract does cover the whole MENA region. It’s ridiculous with the animosities between some Arab states, It would be the equivalent to give Sky UK the rights for half of Europe. That’s why I do agree that it is quite likely Saidi Arabia was setting up and promoting BeoutQ to get one over Qatar because they couldn’t tolerate them to hold exclusive and important TV rights there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

bein‘s contract does cover the whole MENA region. It’s ridiculous with the animosities between some Arab states, It would be the equivalent to give Sky UK the rights for half of Europe. That’s why I do agree that it is quite likely Saidi Arabia was setting up and promoting BeoutQ to get one over Qatar because they couldn’t tolerate them to hold exclusive and important TV rights there.

Is there a supranational organisation that covers the MENA region? It seems odd that SA should be forced to allow Bein to control the rights for their country against their will.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is there a supranational organisation that covers the MENA region? It seems odd that SA should be forced to allow Bein to control the rights for their country against their will.

I think it stems from when they all were friends...

It seems like one of 2 scenarios to me

1- Takeover isn’t happening and SA are throwing their toys out of the pram

2 - Takeover is done, It’s been discussed with the premier league already and the plan is to compensate Bein and SA to pay for their own tv rights

I'm having a hard time believing that the PL would so openly bloody the nose of an existing rights partner tbh...

Having said that, I also feel as though this wouldn't have happened without a conclusion having been reached one way or the other, unless the whole situation with NUFC is far less important to SA than we think it is.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm having a hard time believing that the PL would so openly bloody the nose of an existing rights partner tbh...

Having said that, I also feel as though this wouldn't have happened without a conclusion having been reached one way or the other, unless the whole situation with NUFC is far less important to SA than we think it is.

PL hasn't had to do anything though, SA is the one acting. 

Yes but the PL now has to either support SA, or support BeIn - there's not exactly a middleground here. It's not obvious to me that they'll go for SA unless they really have tied all this up and they're also ok with SA rubbing salt into the wound.

I reckon they’ve been approved, money’s on the move and they’ve said “right Bein/Qatar you cernts”

also point remains legal entity the SA gov’t ain’t the ones looking to buy us

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

I reckon they’ve been approved, money’s on the move and they’ve said “right Bein/Qatar you cernts”

also point remains legal entity the SA gov’t ain’t the ones looking to buy us

Yeah, I guess that’s option 3. PL have agreed Staveley and PIF are a separate entity and whatever SA do now can’t affect the takeover either way 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official