Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

They'll have left the shirt sponsor issue as long as they possibly could have. Next season's shirts are probably going into production very soon and a decision would have had to be made. There's possibly some sort of break clause in there that allows us out of the deal at the end of next season.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

They'll have left the shirt sponsor issue as long as they possibly could have. Next season's shirts are probably going into production very soon and a decision would have had to be made. There's possibly some sort of break clause in there that allows us out of the deal at the end of next season.

I thought they had strict anti gambling laws in S.A. I cant see them having that on the shirts for a full season 

I think it's against PL rules to change sponsors mid-season. The exception being situations like the collapse of Northern Rock where we had the patch which looked so, so good.

42 minutes ago, trooper said:

I thought they had strict anti gambling laws in S.A. I cant see them having that on the shirts for a full season 

we're doomed, i tell you. doomed!

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think it's against PL rules to change sponsors mid-season. The exception being situations like the collapse of Northern Rock where we had the patch which looked so, so good.

It's the end of the season now with  just 2 games left. The signs are there wont be a takeover. Andy Carroll 's 1 year extension, Manquillo's new 4 year contract. Bruce talking about his budget for next season. The extensions for fun88 & Puma. It all looks a bit ominous regarding a S.A. takeover.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

It's the end of the season now with  just 2 games left. The signs are there wont be a takeover. Andy Carroll 's 1 year extension, Manquillo's new 4 year contract. Bruce talking about his budget for next season. The extensions for fun88 & Puma. It all looks a bit ominous regarding a S.A. takeover.

The club has to proceed as if the takeover won't happen. It's no indication that it won't happen but without doing what they've done then we could be left with no sponsor, kit provider and needing to sign two extra players should the worst happen.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The club has to proceed as if the takeover won't happen. It's no indication that it won't happen but without doing what they've done then we could be left with no sponsor, kit provider and needing to sign two extra players should the worst happen.

I understand the club must proceed. But last week people were saying the Saudis have probably quietly identified the new manager & potential new signings. So I doubt we'd have been short of players if this takeover was imminent. Plus Carroll's hardly set the place on fire since his return. As for the sponsorship its reportedly one of the worst in the league why bother extending it.I want rid of Ashley as much as anybody but I can see him being here for next season with this lot happening 

Edited by trooper

11 minutes ago, trooper said:

if the PL wanted to block it, do you not think they would have done so already? they have all the political cover they need if that was their intention. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if the PL wanted to block it, do you not think they would have done so already? they have all the political cover they need if that was their intention. 

But turn it round if they'd wanted to pass it, it could have happened weeks ago. I'm like everyone I havent a bloody clue what's going on. But linking things together it's not looking very clever really.

6 minutes ago, trooper said:

As for the sponsorship its reportedly one of the worst in the league why bother extending it.

If that's true then it'll also be one of the cheapest in the league to pay off if the takeover happens.

1 minute ago, trooper said:

But turn it round if they'd wanted to pass it, it could have happened weeks ago. I'm like everyone I havent a bloody clue what's going on. But linking things together it's not looking very clever really.

I think it's clear that this isn't a matter of saying yes or no based on their application. It's likely that the PL may have set a number of conditions before the takeover can be approved and those conditions are in the process of being met.

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

the UK government wants it to pass so it is highly unlikely the PL will block it. the delay is because the PL has a strong hand and is demanding that the Saudis meet certain demands before it is approved. if there was a reluctance from SA to bargain, the deal would have been off a long time ago. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think it's clear that this isn't a matter of saying yes or no based on their application. It's likely that the PL may have set a number of conditions before the takeover can be approved and those conditions are in the process of being met.

I honestly hope your right & I'm a million miles wrong I guess we'll soon see.

1 hour ago, trooper said:

I honestly hope your right & I'm a million miles wrong I guess we'll soon see.

Hopefully by the end of the week ;)

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I wonder if this shite with Bruce saying about lack of transfer funds is a plea of some sort. 

More likely he does not have a clue what is going on and had to say something ill-informed rather than shut up.

• Like 2

I am rather sceptical about this deadline having passed. I think the PL will have been aware of the deadline and I can’t see them delaying a decision until it has passed. Otherwise it would leave them in a huge legal mine field imho.

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official