Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

15 hours ago, Rayvin said:

That ruling, no, not surprising. The fact that the PIF didn't seem to know it was about to hit? Yes, that surprised me a bit. It just implies that we're a side issue IMO.

Actually, that should go in PIF's favour when suggesting that they are not a proxy for the KSA government, but I doubt it will.  

Surely, though, from the legal advice which has been provided previously, there is no provision in the owners and directors' test to take into account the issues being complained about.  Whether there should be is another matter (there probably should be), but if there is no such provision, then make a decision.  One way or the other.  Let it go to Court, if necessary. 

Perhaps they are hoping that the takeover can be delayed long enough for Brewcie to get us relegated next year, so the Football League has to decide :( 

The Independent reckon the sale will go through but not until the season starts

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-sale-latest-premier-league-saudi-arabia-mike-ashley-a9635576.html

Newcastle United’s summer of uncertainty is likely to continue for some time yet but sources close to the Saudi Arabian-backed bid to buy the club do not believe the takeover is in danger of being derailed.

Edited by Tdansmith

This is absolutely pathetic mind. 

Im not just saying this because it’s my club but the ironically named Masters has proved well out of his depth.

Its not the first time there’s been a takeover with a questionable moral overtone.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Burb said:

Agreed but what else, other than a promise, can the Saudis offer the Premier League that they won't go back to faciliating piracy once approval for the takeover is given?

Essentially the one magic question the Premier League really want answering is:

"What reassurances do we give our broadcasting partners when they ask us why we have given the thumbs up to a country that stole from all of us?"

Something tangible that the Premier League could point to, showing that approving the takeover had indisputably 100% solved the piracy issues, would be dynamite.

Well, if PIF and by extension KSA have a vested interest in the Premier League product they'll not be keen on people stealing it. The minute PIF are owners of a PL club they'll want to protect their investment. 

Reject the bid and there'll be no reason for them to clamp down on piracy. Especially if they can make money off it by BeOUTQ-style boxes.

• Like 1

Bruce said: "As soon as the window opens, we’ll go to work. Things are not on hold.

"We need that (takeover) decision to be made, but the only thing I can do, along with Lee (Charnley, Newcastle’s managing director), is to keep planning as best we can, and that obviously includes the transfer market.

"I think, even without the takeover, a lot of clubs will be taking stock of the situation."

:lol: I still can’t believe this is still ongoing. People can talk about how complicated it is, but four months is more than enough time for them to have made a decision. Agree with the points Fish made regarding the piracy items, there’s not much the Saudis can do other than what has already been done (shut down BeoutQ), the banning of Bein isn’t ideal but it was related to an ongoing appeal case and the issue between the two countries isn’t something the PL is going to be able to solve. 

The transfer window opens in 3 days. Also the new season starts  in 50 days ( 7 weeks tomorrow) Yet we've still no idea if it'll be an Ashley/Bruce set up. Or the Saudi's & A.N. Other set up. Absolutely shambolic. Never mind you can console yourself  with a new Puma shirt sponsored by fun88 for £65 

34 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I still can’t believe this is still ongoing. People can talk about how complicated it is, but four months is more than enough time for them to have made a decision. Agree with the points Fish made regarding the piracy items, there’s not much the Saudis can do other than what has already been done (shut down BeoutQ), the banning of Bein isn’t ideal but it was related to an ongoing appeal case and the issue between the two countries isn’t something the PL is going to be able to solve. 

The best chance to get it happening soon is for Chris Grayling to publicly oppose the takeover.

• Haha 3

So I've been away from technology for the last week, what is the first thing the new owners have done?  which out of favor international star have we signed first?

37 minutes ago, tooner said:

So I've been away from technology for the last week, what is the first thing the new owners have done?  which out of favor international star have we signed first?

giphy (20).gif

• Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official