Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Seems like the "end-game" to the successful conclusion of these negotiations.

The Premier League are briefing the media in a manner similar to that seen in any high-profile negotiations, for instance where we saw the UK and EU governments briefing en masse about how the Brexit withdrawal deal was close to collapse in the final days before the negotiations' deadline. It puts pressure on the other side for last concessions and makes it look like they have driven a hard bargain on the eventual successful conclusion of the negotiations.

The PIF can now make some superficial changes to their decision making structure and it'll be done.

Edited by Burb
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:
You’d think we’d be used to it. 

The truly disgraceful thing is that it’s dragged on for so long, every cunt with an opinion has been got plenty of media attention.  It should all have been sorted within a month.

I suspect the PL legal team consists of a bloke called Tarquin who commutes from Bucks every day, takes 2 hour lunch breaks and leaves early to take his daughter to gymkhana. He checks the fax machine once a week, sends everything on to Freshfields for sign off and can only be reached from the generalenquiries@pl.com mailbox. He can’t make a fucking decision but he knows how to pair wine and cheese.

• Haha 1

Could this not simply be that the PL has tried to stick all of the issues surrounding the takeover on SA as a state (and therefore their leader), and the bid has resisted the notion that he's actually involved personally. This could be the very argument that we predicted would happen ages back. And if the PL is "requesting clarity" then it suggests that they're looking for an ownership structure that doesn't involve him directly in any way. That shouldn't be difficult at all, one would think.

Seems to me the PL are quite happy normally to sign off on crooks, gangsters, conmen, embezzlers and sweat shop owners. I wouldn’t be surprised if the saudis sue the wankers now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Agreed, I mean from what I have read about the actual O&D test I don’t see how MBS would fail that anyway (since it’s mostly about having money, not being involved in fraud in football, and never bankrupting a football club before). I’m honestly at the point where I just feel the PL don’t know what to do so are sitting on it and hoping the Saudis pull the plug on the bid. 

Aye I think I said as much months ago

• Like 1

Imagine being the guy who has to tell the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia he isn’t a “fit and proper person”.

Probably why Masters has been pissing his knickers for 4 months.

7 hours ago, Isegrim said:

If they are rejecting it on the basis of this they are cunts of the highest order. Not just because of the decision but if those were the reasons they could have rejected the takeover 15 weeks ago. Instead they have put the club in the worst possible limbo while most other clubs were able to “plan” for next season.

This!!!

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Could this not simply be that the PL has tried to stick all of the issues surrounding the takeover on SA as a state (and therefore their leader), and the bid has resisted the notion that he's actually involved personally. This could be the very argument that we predicted would happen ages back. And if the PL is "requesting clarity" then it suggests that they're looking for an ownership structure that doesn't involve him directly in any way. That shouldn't be difficult at all, one would think.

In an autocratic system it does seem impossible tbh.

So in a supposedly strictly confidential process the PL have leaked ? 

One would have thought it wouldn’t take 4 months to spot they don’t like the organisation structure 🙄

I honestly think Im more interested in seeing all the jackasses held responsible for this farce than the actual takeover itself. The 350M can go towards dragging Masters and his cunt of a team through the courts. Fuck football I say.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kitman said:

Seems to me the PL are quite happy normally to sign off on crooks, gangsters, conmen, embezzlers and sweat shop owners. I wouldn’t be surprised if the saudis sue the wankers now.

Aye, Chelsea are owned by a man who was literally banned from entering the country, City are owned by a state with countless human rights issues, Wolves are owned by a Chinese company which puts them directly under the control of the Chinese government, Sheffield United are owned by a Saudi Prince, Spurs owned by a tax exile, Man Utd owned by a family who forced the club to repay their debt but suddenly when we're to be bought over that's where they draw the line?

Do they think that MBS is going to instruct the first team squad to go on a preseason bombing tour of Yemen? It's a fucking joke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Imagine being the guy who has to tell the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia he isn’t a “fit and proper person”.

Probably why Masters has been pissing his knickers for 4 months.

I think the bigger issue is him having to (and possibly not being able to) justify it in line with the so-called PL test. 

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Do they think that MBS is going to instruct the first team squad to go on a preseason bombing tour of Yemen? 

With our strike force I don't think the Yemenis would have much to worry about.

• Haha 7

I am still convinced that the PL are mostly frightened of the Qataris, because bein is the most valuable holder of tv rights outside of the UK. If it wasn't for them fearing to lose money they would have no objection at all. They probably know it is hard for them to legally reject the takeover but do also know that the Qataris will make a major fuss because of the relationship between them and the Saudis.

What makes me laugh is that if we’re not taken over we’ll almost certainly get relegated next season and as the EFL let any Don, Dick or Charlie buy a club the PIF could just buy us then without any fuss. :lol: 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am still convinced that the PL are mostly frightened of the Qataris, because bein is the most valuable holder of tv rights outside of the UK. If it wasn't for them fearing to lose money they would have no objection at all. They probably know it is hard for them to legally reject the takeover but do also know that the Qataris will make a major fuss because of the relationship between them and the Saudis.

Legally though, I don't see how bein can break their contract with the PL? Even if they claim that their rights are less valuable because they're not able to broadcast in SA then surely that wouldn't invalidate the entire contract? The rights are worth so much because there was someone else bidding against bein. They won't have gone away and with the Saudis now likely to be bidding for the rights I don't see how the PL can lose out.

I still don't see how they bought those rights with the assumption they could sell packages in ksa without the Saudi's say so and without their right to ban them which they've now seemingly done. Surely that's up to the Saudis as there's no EU type cross country organisation. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I still don't see how they bought those rights with the assumption they could sell packages in ksa without the Saudi's say so and without their right to ban them which they've now seemingly done. Surely that's up to the Saudis as there's no EU type cross country organisation. 

They had a licence there that got revoked. I can see a way how the PL or any foreign organisation can force the Saudis to invoke it as it is purely up to them.

3 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Surely the Qutatis pay what they pay because they bid slightly higher than a rival bidder though? Its not like the plug is just going to be plugged 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official