Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

To be fair I can’t even blame Ashley for being apathetic now, the bloke had lined up probably the best buyers he and the fans could hope for (from the perspective he knew they were good for the money, and we got turned into a super club). From his perspective the club was sold and he was moving on but the PL have essentially now forced him back to dealing with it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

Same here

My mate got a free ticket last year and said I could have it for £10 a match.

I didn’t bother

• Like 1

Don't think I can go back to Ashley tbh. At least he has genuinely tried to make this happen but honestly I'm just done. There is no way the established order is ever going to let any other club properly break in and I just don't see the point in watching the same season over and over again anymore.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

My mate got a free ticket last year and said I could have it for £10 a match.

I didn’t bother

If I had a mate who tried to charge me for something he got for nothing, he wouldn't be my mate anymore.

Glad you knocked it back.

I am surprised the Saudis have just walked away. Strange and unsatisfactory conclusion to all of this. How did the PL get away without having to make a decision?

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Don't think I can go back to Ashley tbh. At least he has genuinely tried to make this happen but honestly I'm just done. There is no way the established order is ever going to let any other club properly break in and I just don't see the point in watching the same season over and over again anymore.

I feel the same way

I've never been for a few years now, I'll stay away until ashley is gone but that could be another decade. 

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The positive to cling to is we know Ashley wants out. Who knows if the next buyer will be able to transform the club in the way the Saudis might have but we are nearing the end of the Ashley era 

It's becoming more and more of a chore to support Newcastle United.  This deal gave hope of something special that could have happened to the club and the city.  Even a credible new owner (which Mauriss doesn't seem to be even if he is really interested) is unlikely to have the resources to give us a chance of competing.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

If I had a mate who tried to charge me for something he got for nothing, he wouldn't be my mate anymore.

Glad you knocked it back.

Actually I tell a lie it was £20 but with £10 going the food bank

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The positive to cling to is we know Ashley wants out. Who knows if the next buyer will be able to transform the club in the way the Saudis might have but we are nearing the end of the Ashley era 

For me this adds the disinterest in watching the Premier League brand as well though. They basically just didn’t want this to happen to protect the established clubs, and some cunty partner, they took those sides over the good of a member club and the fucking fans. This was the PL disregarding the fans, and saying our club will remain shite. There’s no way I’m going to sit watching that brand while they guffaw and wank off over Liverpool and Manchester City next season.  

• Like 2

Ah well.  Other than the initial burst of optimism from the first few weeks after it was announced, the longer it dragged on the less likely I thought it was going to happen.

Back to the old apathy.

apathetic bill murray GIF

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

For me this adds the disinterest in watching the Premier League brand as well though. They basically just didn’t want this to happen to protect the established clubs, and some cunty partner, they took those sides over the good of a member club and the fucking fans. This was the PL disregarding the fans, and saying our club will remain shite. There’s no way I’m going to sit watching that brand while they guffaw and wank off over Liverpool and Manchester City next season.  

Aye, the sooner the “big” clubs fuck off to their little Super League, the better.

• Like 2

Those fucking cunts can seriously fuck off. Fucking spoiler. What do they expect the. Uterus to say? Sorry, we are not fit and proper? Childish digs.

Edwards and Bird too with their “told you so” approach.

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official