Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

For the record, I don't think the Saudis have handled all of this really well and some actions and reactions in regards to the issue of piracy must certainly have been damaging. I don't think writing a letter saying that they would have dealt with the problem if only the complaints would have been sent to the right email adress was a clever idea. They probably could and should have done more to appease the PL.

I would have no problem if the takeover had been stopped for the right reasons and in course of a due process. But the way this has been handled with does leave a very sour taste.

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d fucking love it if the PL were taken to the cleaners over this. You’d think that there would be a case to answer given the ownership at Man City not coming under anything like the same scrutiny. I also wonder if it would be deemed legal to not have any timescale on the fit and proper test etc 

You would have to consider that supporters groups could take up a class action against the PL.

Their job is to merely facilitate the running of the league for the good of the clubs and stakeholders (the supporters) involved. 

By their actions they have stopped a positive future for Newcastle and left the club in the hands of a neglectful owner.

They want to sell themselves as the best league in the world but refuse the opportunity to have "potentially" the richest club in that world as part of their league.

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

You would have to consider that supporters groups could take up a class action against the PL.

I don't think they could. They would have to show damages. Unless you can sue for wasted #cans then I don't see how it could proceed.

PIF could certainly show the loss of £17m as the basis to bring a claim.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

One thing that I don't understand is the PL reportedly wanting the state named as a director. This isn't the case for Sheikh Mansour's Man City, or Sheffield's owner etc. 

I'f the PL are saying that PIF and KSA are the same entity, then why do they need KSA named as a director? Surely if they insist they're one and the same, then anything they can fail KSA on they can fail PIF on? 

That's something I can't get my head around. I can't see how that would have changed anything in regards of an approval. If they didn't see PIF as a seperate legal entity then there was no need to the state to be made director with the board of PIF being made up by high profile figures of the state. If the league thought about those two entities being legally seperate but the state being the defacto majority owner of the club then I can't see how this would have made the takeover acceptable with the league accusing the state of being behind the beoutq piracy or lack of action.

It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

All well and good, but this was a small deal in relative terms to PiF, it's gone west, I would guess it's filed in their recycle bin and forgotten. They will have moved on.

I mean, it doesn't particularly sound like we were being set up to be the next City anyway. £250m is a lot by our standards but not enough to become a heavyweight...

The idea that even this amount was too much of a threat to Spurs and Liverpool is pretty pathetic tbh. Especially for Liverpool who are miles ahead of us.

This call for fans to do something, how would that work? Why would the PL care what we think?

Edited by Rayvin

I'm sure I've read somewhere that  the exclusivity ended on June 25th. On or around the date that Carroll got a years extension on his contract & Manquillo gotta 4 year contract. Was it coincidence, or did Ashley know then there was no chance of this takeover happening. Same as the fun88 & Puma contracts being extended 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/manquillo-and-carroll-agree-contract-extensions/

Edited by trooper
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trooper said:

I'm sure I've read somewhere that  the exclusivity ended on June 25th. On or around the date that Carroll got a years extension on his contract & Manquillo gotta 4 year contract. Was it coincidence, or did Ashley know then there was no chance of this takeover happening. Same as the fun88 & Puma contracts being extended 

What difference does it make?

Mike Ashley worked late into the night trying to rescue the takeover after the Saudi's pulled their offer yesterday afternoon and released a statement. He is said to be “devastated” it has fallen through and reckons it's his only chance of selling the club quickly. [Mirror]

1 minute ago, trooper said:

Mike Ashley worked late into the night trying to rescue the takeover after the Saudi's pulled their offer yesterday afternoon and released a statement. He is said to be “devastated” it has fallen through and reckons it's his only chance of selling the club quickly. [Mirror]

Working late probably invited emptying all the cans he bought for 17m

Tbf to Ashley, I believe him this time. If that exclusivity did indeed lapse on the 26th of June, he's had over a month to fuck this up on his own and has resisted doing so.

I think he genuinely want's shut of it as his investment into Debenhams and House of Fraser are fucked.

But he is also a greedy cunt who wants his full whack of the club and he will not budge until he gets it.  If you think we are shut of the guy soon I think you're wrong.  We will have him as an owner for another decade or so.  We are fucked as all I can see.  We will be relegated next season and this time, we will stay down.  I cannot see anything other than that.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I think he genuinely want's shut of it as his investment into Debenhams and House of Fraser are fucked.

But he is also a greedy cunt who wants his full whack of the club and he will not budge until he gets it.  If you think we are shut of the guy soon I think you're wrong.  We will have him as an owner for another decade or so.  We are fucked as all I can see.  We will be relegated next season and this time, we will stay down.  I cannot see anything other than that.

Yeah this was Ashley's & our last chance saloon. Him to get his money & sod off & for us to get the club back we deserve.

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Tbf to Ashley, I believe him this time. If that exclusivity did indeed lapse on the 26th of June, he's had over a month to fuck this up on his own and has resisted doing so.

And how would he have done that? Go on...

;) 

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Well the current league we are in is a closed shop/procession so no biggie really

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Proper ray of sunshine you. :lol:

• Haha 1

I actually wish Benitez had never come as I’d have been completely finished with professional football about 4 years earlier 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official