Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I mean that’d be a brave move seeing as he doesn’t own any part of Debenhams. Are we thinking a mass arson job?

Not really Ashley’s scene. There’s bound to be some posh fireplaces in the houses or Parliament, or Downing Street that are prime for the threat of vomit. 

• Haha 1

Let's not forget Ashley has just pocketed £17 million for doing relatively nothing. He may well be distraught he didnt get his £300 million. But he's still come out of this with possibly Bruce's transfer budget for the summer.

Let’s not get carried away here lads.

He only gets half of the deposit, so it’s not £17 million, it’s only £8.5 million, for nowt. 

Chickenfeed, barely worth getting out of his scratcher. 

^_^

The Premier League backed up the institution that currently holds the rights to broadcast their content in the Middle East. That those rights holders are also a gang of piously medieval anti democratic cunts without much regard to human rights or indeed human life is neither here nor there. There is no money too tainted for the people currently encouraging players to “take a knee”  before games .  The sheer rank hypocrisy of many involved and/or commenting on the takeover (I including some of our fellow supporters in that) makes me fuckin sick.  The PL have utterly taken the piss out of the prospective buyers, that’s true. I suppose in business terms they’ think they’ve played a blinder. The whole point of the PL is to make huge amounts if money though. Pissing the Saudis off seems to me to be cutting off their noses the spite their face. The Saudis fucked up after the WTO case with their subsequent actions. Easy for the PL after that, even though the constant goal posts moving all through the process had already made issues virtually impossible to resolve . 

I know I spout off a lot about the Saudi’s etc but now it’s over and listening to what Staveley has said (you’ll need an Athletic subscription for that )  I realise this was truly the last chance saloon. The Saudis won’t come back after being humiliated & embarrassed by the PL and no other fucker is going to buy the club & pump 260mill in over two seasons & also invest in the city in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic. I might not have gone back if it had gone ahead but there may well have been a very new Newcastle United for generations unknown to enjoy and I certainly have no interest in denying others that. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

The Premier League backed up the institution that currently holds the rights to broadcast their content in the Middle East. That those rights holders are also a gang of piously medieval anti democratic cunts without much regard to human rights or indeed human life is neither here nor there. There is no money too tainted for the people currently encouraging players to “take a knee”  before games .  The sheer rank hypocrisy of many involved and/or commenting on the takeover (I including some of our fellow supporters in that) makes me fuckin sick.  The PL have utterly taken the piss out of the prospective buyers, that’s true. I suppose in business terms they’ think they’ve played a blinder. The whole point of the PL is to make huge amounts if money though. Pissing the Saudis off seems to me to be cutting off their noses the spite their face. The Saudis fucked up after the WTO case with their subsequent actions. Easy for the PL after that, even though the constant goal posts moving all through the process had already made issues virtually impossible to resolve . 

I know I spout off a lot about the Saudi’s etc but now it’s over and listening to what Staveley has said (you’ll need an Athletic subscription for that )  I realise this was truly the last chance saloon. The Saudis won’t come back after being humiliated & embarrassed by the PL and no other fucker is going to buy the club & pump 260mill in over two seasons & also invest in the city in the middle of an unprecedented global pandemic. I might not have gone back if it had gone ahead but there may well have been a very new Newcastle United for generations unknown to enjoy and I certainly have no interest in denying others that. 

This.

I have to admit that I am getting more agitated about it every day. Being stuck at home with a (normal) cold doesn't help, neither being legally offended by the process.

The conduct from the PL stinks as much as the comments from a lot of journalists lauding the outcome of PIF conceding defeat. It doesn't have to be corruption but there are certainly a lot of people being stuck in bein's and Qatar's arse.

I got in a debate with Matt Slater because I called his assessment that the PL did everything right blinkered. I told him that I don't consider it a fair process if the league just refused to make a decision that could be legally challenged and where the facts are for everybody to see and to be judged. Then the movement of goalposts began. It ended with him relating to the amount of evidence that KSA is responsiible for running beoutq and how Qatar got everything from the WTO verdict that they hoped for. I am not sure how I got into the job I do hold as I am obviously über-thick and have no idea about the interpretation of law and how to read judgements...

It's the whole narrative that the league could never approve the Saudis because of their involvement in piracy that drives me crazy. If that was a legitimate reason then they should have simply rejected the takover on that basis. That would have opened the chance for an appeal and to a judgement of an independent person. If PIF had still failed the test then it would have been the fairest outcome. Nobody could have complained because the rules would have been correctly applied.

But to state that everything is fine because the league could never approve an ownership involving the Saudi state without specifically stating how it does relate to the regulations of the director's test does stink. It is just the willfully application of the narrative of bein.

I am not one normally getting drawn into conpirace theories but I does make me wonder that the regulations of the owner's and director's test can't be found on the PL website anymore. I remember downloading it in the past but can't get hold of it now. But maybe I am just to thick for this, too.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 8

A Saudi purchase of Milan and then taking Pep or Klopp plus a load of Sky Sports poster boy players would be a small slice of Karma .....................I feel very spiteful just now.

• Like 3

Aye, whatever way you spin it our attacking stats were poor last season, it’s fairly probable we will sell our best player and with an owner that really couldn’t give a fuck now the chances of adequate replacement are low. 

It’s going to be tough to stay up next season, especially looking the the teams coming up and the ambition they have. 

• Like 1

Newcastle United 3/1 to be relegated next season, there was a time when I'd never back against Newcastle United....about 13 years ago.

Now, I don't give a damn I will be putting as much as i can afford on that. 

You have to love pompous journalists like this one. Does he seriously think human rights issues were really part of the PL’s consideration during testing? If they did the deal would have been rejected and they wouldn’t have deals with nations like Qatar, the owners of Leicester, Manchester City, and likely others would be on dodgy ground too. If they can’t see why Newcastle fans would see this all as hypocritical to bring up they’re off their map. The PL itself created this conspiracy by not making any sort of decision in over 4 months, by offering absolutely no insight into what is going on during and now after the process, but again pompous wankers like this bloke are aiming down sight at the fans again, as they have done during this whole process. 

So next time we play Manchester City can we expect the analysis and discussion around the game to be discussing how honorable NUFC is, that our money isn’t blood money like theirs, we deserve to win as we’re doing things the right way and don’t have disgusting human rights abusers for owners, or will it be a wankfest about how immense Kevin De Bruyne and Aguero are while they sweep us aside before they sign off with what do Newcastle fans expect, why are they so demanding, etc? That alone gives these sanctimonious pricks their answer of why people were willing to accept Saudi ownership. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of propaganda tools is another fantastic example of hypocrisy. They change the narrative as it does suit their agenda.

They got free reign because the consortium pulled the plug and as the league not only refused to make a decision but also refuse to comment because of confidential issues, meaning only speaking as unnamed sources to selected journalists.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that the PL would have needed to approve the sale if they had applied their regulations, something they didn’t want to do. If the delay had been about the league to allow the buyers to adjust things to make an approval possible then the normal course of action would have been for the league to set a deadline stating that they would otherwise have to reject the takeover. Then it would have been for the buyers to rake the risk. But as they neither set a deadline nor even a timeframe it’s clear that they just waited for the problem to sort out itself.

They got their wish and now do just sit around until nobody is bothering any more.

• Like 4

Wankers like the one congratulating Delaney on his ‘excellent work’ as well, man. Quite apart from his aforementioned hypocrisy, as if anything he did had anything to do with what happened. 

• Like 2

If Delaney was to spontaneously catch fire....well let’s just say....I’d open a can. 

Then put a crate in the fridge and open that bottle of rum I’ve got in the pantry.

I was talking to an old guy last week and he said if Vic Wakeling was still around this deal would have been signed after a couple of weeks, the premier leagues and Skys objective were always to make it the biggest and best league in the world, the top 6 clubs now have so much power the rest of the clubs dont matter.

I don't understand it though. Surly having another team competitive in the league just adds to it.

I've always disliked Liverpool because of the band wagon jumpers. Not the genuine Liverpool fans. In a way I have admiration for them. Try red wall people. The way the don't by the sun etc.  I like klopp he is a character and you cannot deny that has done a great job there. But fuck that cunt of a club. Fuck em if it's true they didn't want someone else having a go. Its not like we would instantly be there anyways. Its not a garuentee we would have success either. Fuck the cunts

As for that dribbling cunt Kane and his suite club. Fucking stick with that stale bastard Jose. You'll have a superb stadium for NFL and dog shit football you wankers.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wankers like the one congratulating Delaney on his ‘excellent work’ as well, man. Quite apart from his aforementioned hypocrisy, as if anything he did had anything to do with what happened. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Carl said:

I was talking to an old guy last week and he said if Vic Wakeling was still around this deal would have been signed after a couple of weeks, the premier leagues and Skys objective were always to make it the biggest and best league in the world, the top 6 clubs now have so much power the rest of the clubs dont matter.

The Saudi Arabian takeover is the logical conclusion of the near 30 year free for all the premier league has been. But we know now that there’s a limit. It’s basically suggesting the clubs that have been created within the PL framework can now dictate to them what they can and can’t do and who can own a club and who can’t. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Howay said:

Aye, whatever way you spin it our attacking stats were poor last season, it’s fairly probable we will sell our best player and with an owner that really couldn’t give a fuck now the chances of adequate replacement are low. 

It’s going to be tough to stay up next season, especially looking the the teams coming up and the ambition they have. 

So we drop into the Championship. Ashley loses money, the PL lose a club with a large fanbase, someone with money might fancy buying us. Games will be competitive and hopefully we'll be at the other end of it for a change. Not many negatives to take out of it. It might be the best opportunity for a derby as well. Sounds like a win win to me. 

11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So we drop into the Championship. Ashley loses money, the PL lose a club with a large fanbase, someone with money might fancy buying us. Games will be competitive and hopefully we'll be at the other end of it for a change. Not many negatives to take out of it. It might be the best opportunity for a derby as well. Sounds like a win win to me. 

It’s more likely we’ll end up as sunderland mark 2. 

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official