Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

As they submitted all the requested paperwork for the owners and directors test shouldn't it follow that the premier league will still have to respond to it despite their bid being formally withdrawn? Of course it would be subject to confidentiality, but I don't see why this would let them off the hook as far as an actual response is concerned.

I can’t understand that. They’d have been doing the government’s job for them, and some, by investing in the city. Not that the government would have invested much in Newcastle and the area, but you’ll take my point. It makes no sense so I suspect it’s true 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-takeover-news-pif-staveley-reuben-brothers-a9646626.html

The Premier League will feel relief. Those close to the consortium may have been right when they claimed there were no grounds on the fit and proper test to stop the takeover – after all, their lawyers had scrutinised the rules – but the delaying tactics worked. This could lead to stricter codification of the test in the future so situations like Newcastle’s do not occur.

Having regulations but not applying them because you do not like the result does look as arbitrary to me as you would expect from a despotic middle eastern state...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiny said:

Not sure what you’re on about their buddy. But it’s true, we’d have looked a bunch of cunts backing a bunch of Arabs and reaping the benefits of them. Some of the stuff I’ve read on here is embarrassing. All we’ve sung and said over the years about City and we were about to be creaming over the same thing? What a bunch of cunts we’d have looked again. 

Onwards and upwards as a proper club

You are a bunch of (blue pop, cheesy chip, racist, paedo-loving, seat shitting, classy) cunts 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tiny said:

Not sure what you’re on about their buddy. But it’s true, we’d have looked a bunch of cunts backing a bunch of Arabs and reaping the benefits of them. Some of the stuff I’ve read on here is embarrassing. All we’ve sung and said over the years about City and we were about to be creaming over the same thing? What a bunch of cunts we’d have looked again. 

You only joined last night man :lol:

Must try harder

10 hours ago, Tiny said:

Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, along comes a Mackem to remind us how much worse things could be 

• Haha 6

So the Premier League need to explain what happened but although we don’t know what happened we can definitely say they weren’t at fault?

Thank fuck I stopped unfollowing the wanker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carl said:

Why does he antagonize Newcastle supporters like this, it's like a farmer constantly poking his cattle with a stick.

It’s probably jealousy as she rather fancies other journalists.

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

The troll strikes again. You can’t comment though.

Notice how he doesn’t explicitly blame Stavely, because he knows he’d get shot to bits. 

Fucking cowardly tbh. 

• Like 1

Wraith has a point, badly made. It’s weird that Edwards is so pleased it’s off but I guess it’s because he’s painted himself into a corner with the way he’s behaved towards the majority of the fan base and his ridiculous claims to not have watched our matches when we played shit etc. The daft bit is, as Howay pointed out, it would have been a fantastic boost to his career if we’d been converted into a top European side competing for honours for the foreseeable. It’s fucking bizarre that he’d rather score points on Twitter. 

• Like 4

Edward's has a real problem when someone has a go at him though, he never accepts hes wrong and just continues to push his point, his meltdown over the whole Womanchester episode on Twitter was nothing short of childish 

2 minutes ago, Carl said:

Edward's has a real problem when someone has a go at him though, he never accepts hes wrong and just continues to push his point, his meltdown over the whole Womanchester episode on Twitter was nothing short of childish 

The whole what? 

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wraith has a point, badly made. It’s weird that Edwards is so pleased it’s off but I guess it’s because he’s painted himself into a corner with the way he’s behaved towards the majority of the fan base and his ridiculous claims to not have watched our matches when we played shit etc. The daft bit is, as Howay pointed out, it would have been a fantastic boost to his career if we’d been converted into a top European side competing for honours for the foreseeable. It’s fucking bizarre that he’d rather score points on Twitter. 

Ah, would it though? Maybe that’s the point…. Job preservation.

I mean shit reporter, reporting on a meaningless shit set of teams in the current black hole of football (North East of England). A set of irrelevant clubs being reported on by an irrelevant reporter who evidently couldn’t give a shit.

The deal goes through and NUFC turn into a team worth reporting on……… See ya

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official