Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Wraith has a point, badly made. It’s weird that Edwards is so pleased it’s off but I guess it’s because he’s painted himself into a corner with the way he’s behaved towards the majority of the fan base and his ridiculous claims to not have watched our matches when we played shit etc. The daft bit is, as Howay pointed out, it would have been a fantastic boost to his career if we’d been converted into a top European side competing for honours for the foreseeable. It’s fucking bizarre that he’d rather score points on Twitter. 

Aye, he’s just a miserable cunt that just seems to want to point score as you say. He was correct about the BZG bid seemingly being a bit of a non-starter, rather than bother learning about this bid he just assumed it was exactly the same and is now gloating that he’s right (despite the fact he’s not at all, the deal was absolutely happening if the PL hadn’t fucked on).

He definitely takes pleasure in winding fans up, but then can’t take an ounce of criticism or winding up back as he always just falls back on that he’s lived in the NE for 20 years then turns off comments for his next wind up attempt. I just hope people start treating him like they should treat the PL, just switch it off, don’t read his shite, or give him clicks. I’d say he’d be worth sticking with if he ever gave any good information, but quite frankly during the time I’ve paid any attention to him he’s not broken any new information that’s actually that relevant, or even given any good insight into something someone else has broke, and honestly it’s just all negative. I mean he’s currently bigging up a potential bid that he somehow finds more credible than the one that was actually in the O&D test despite the fact the bid was being said (pretty sure by him) to have been accepted by Ashley weeks ago just pending the Saudis failing the O&D test, so did that not happen weeks ago if they’re just talking about bidding now :lol: yet Ashley and Penfold are 100% committed to the Saudi bid (the hint here being it’s the only fucking bid). 

• Like 2

On 28/07/2020 at 22:23, ewerk said:

- It will be in the contract that they have to broadcast the matches. Having the rights and sitting on them wouldn’t be an option

- Any court action would take place in the U.K. rather than Qatar

- The Premier League has an annual turnover of £5bn. The cost of a court case won’t be a concern.

- There are other bidders out there for the MENA rights including Saudi Arabia. The entire league can’t be beholden to one broadcaster, it’s ridiculous.

Sorry only just logged back in. This feels a little out of date now but anyway:

-Not necessarily.

-Why would the court case be held in the UK? The key word was "dodgy"; short of sending in the British military to occupy Qatar and overthrow their domestic court system, there is no way the Premier League could "force" the Qataris to make good on their payments. Of course it would invalidate the Premier League/beIN contract meaning that the Premier League can resell the outstanding years for the MENA rights, but the Qataris could challenge this in the UK courts (see below points), and the Premier League would be negotiating any new contract  from a very weak and desperate position.

-Almost all of which goes directly to the clubs. But disregarding the financial aspect, what of the optics of the Premier League going to court with its biggest foreign partners over their purported failing to support them in a dispute about piracy? All the Premier League has is its branding.

-I agree but it doesn't discount that beIN have been very productive partners for the Premier League and that losing their interest would be a significant blow to the market value of their rights in the MENA region. They are also an organisation and country that have their manipulative little fingers in many different pies all across world football. They hold the considerable influence to be a very damaging enemy of the Premier League, whether we like it or not.

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Ah, would it though? Maybe that’s the point…. Job preservation.

I mean shit reporter, reporting on a meaningless shit set of teams in the current black hole of football (North East of England). A set of irrelevant clubs being reported on by an irrelevant reporter who evidently couldn’t give a shit.

The deal goes through and NUFC turn into a team worth reporting on……… See ya

You might be right. In fact I could imagine him just wanting things to stay as they are because Bruce is quite avuncular and open and it makes his job easy. Although it doesn’t explain why he wants to piss in every Newcastle supporters’ chips 

It's probably to late now cos the deal is over but I can't see why KSA dont just use the same system they did to watch the Joshua fight and sub contract the TV deal to an international company and then have it as PPV in Saudi, the other countries will follow them, long term the Premier League have put their eggs in the wrong basket.

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

You might be right. In fact I could imagine him just wanting things to stay as they are because Bruce is quite avuncular and open and it makes his job easy. Although it doesn’t explain why he wants to piss in every Newcastle supporters’ chips 

Cos he's a cunt?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Cos he's a cunt?

edwards has been doing it for years mate, right back to when he was writing for the journal.

any excuse he could find to big up dyer he would, this despite the fact that he would've been well aware that just about every newcastle supporter on planet earth was willing even the lamentable lee bowyer to punch the living shit out mr 80 klicks.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I guess it’s because he, like a lot of other writers, acts as if it is only a matter of time until he gets his overdue Pulitzer. A lot of journalists are narcissistic cry-babies who throw their toys out of the pram as soon as their investigative masterpieces or their godlike understanding of everything gets questioned. I know very few journalists who are capable of changing their narrative once they have made their mind up about something.

• Like 2

NUFC 360...

Mike Ashley will allow Henry Mauriss to buy #NUFC for the same terms he agreed with Staveley’s group, but is still waiting for the American to provide proof of funds & pay a non-refundable deposit to enable him to progress to the next stage of the process. :razz:

Edited by trooper

34 minutes ago, trooper said:

NUFC 360...

Mike Ashley will allow Henry Mauriss to buy #NUFC for the same terms he agreed with Staveley’s group, but is still waiting for the American to provide proof of funds & pay a non-refundable deposit to enable him to progress to the next stage of the process. :razz:

Sounds like total bullshit to me

ewerk will allow Margot Robbie to lick his bellend for the same terms he agreed with Scarlett Johansson, but is waiting for the Australian to drop her restraining order to enable him to progress to the next stage of the process.

• Haha 5

I guess it’s already fading out. The PL doesn’t get challenged about their conduct by the national press at all. The narrative is set, it’s solely the buyers who are to blame. They are just waiting until fans get bored with being outraged. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

ewerk will allow Margot Robbie to lick his bellend for the same terms he agreed with Scarlett Johansson, but is waiting for the Australian to drop her restraining order to enable him to progress to the next stage of the process.

Slight issue with the analogy as we can't be bought or owned by both parties simultaneously. 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Slight issue with the analogy as we can't be bought or owned by both parties simultaneously. 

I'm assuming he's probably only got one bellend and Scarlett Johansson is nowhere near it. She didn't even need to formalise her withdrawal.

It’s incredible when you think about it. The PL could find absolutely nothing in the bid that would give them an excuse to block so they just wouldn’t make a decision or give a timeframe whilst all the while moving the goalposts. Just to keep the teams competing a closed shop. And most journalists are blaming the bidders. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s incredible when you think about it. The PL could find absolutely nothing in the bid that would give them an excuse to block so they just wouldn’t make a decision or give a timeframe whilst all the while moving the goalposts. Just to keep the teams competing a closed shop. And most journalists are blaming the bidders. 

Makes you wonder why PIF ended the bid though. Publicly putting pressure on the PL to give an end date, or using the UK government to apply pressure would have made more sense. They’ve thrown the baby out with the bath water by doing this 

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Makes you wonder why PIF ended the bid though. Publicly putting pressure on the PL to give an end date, or using the UK government to apply pressure would have made more sense. They’ve thrown the baby out with the bath water by doing this 

There was a story the other day that the government did very little to help despite advertising the UK as an investment opportunity. I would imagine the PIF tried to do a lot during the 16 or 17 weeks or whatever to get the bid approved but if the PL did make unreasonable demands, moved the goalposts and refused to give an end date then I’m not sure what more pressure the Saudis could apply, especially if the UK government weren’t helping. I find this notion pretty odd but it could just be down to them being an incompetent set of fuckwits. Maybe the Saudis weren’t prepared to bribe them or donate millions to the Tory party in return 

Edited by Alex

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official