Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Aye right I’m sure it’s nowt to do with you showing us what a virtuous, right on chap you are? The wearsider in you shines solidly through, as ever. Did you get your refund yet btw?

Sorry, forgot….  :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Doesn’t make it right.

I appreciate I’m probably in the minority, and I’ve been through plenty of cognitive dissonance with this over the past 4 months, but replacing 1 cunt with a massively bigger cunt because he’s richer maybe isn’t the best idea in the long run 

Yeh that’s absolutely fair, I respect that view and I’ve held it myself for periods of time.

I just want a football team to support I suppose. Supporting Newcastle at the moment feels like....absolutely nothing. 

I. Feel. NOTHING :banana: 

• Like 2

The reality also is that any such cunt will still exist regardless of the ownership relationship with any football club. Owning the club just gives an indication of something that they may spend some of their money on. In the case of the existing cunt there is pretty much no reason, excepting for maintaining premier league status, that any noteable amount of money will be spent on the club, the academy or the area in general. There is however good reason to suspect that the other cunt(s) will have motivation (regardless of how sinister) to spend money on all three. The great thing is that even if they did buy the club and spend money there's not a single reason why you would have to change your previously decided mind about the level of their cunt status. They're entirely mutually exclusive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OTF said:

The reality also is that any such cunt will still exist regardless of the ownership relationship with any football club. Owning the club just gives an indication of something that they may spend some of their money on. In the case of the existing cunt there is pretty much no reason, excepting for maintaining premier league status, that any noteable amount of money will be spent on the club, the academy or the area in general. There is however good reason to suspect that the other cunt(s) will have motivation (regardless of how sinister) to spend money on all three. The great thing is that even if they did buy the club and spend money there's not a single reason why you would have to change your previously decided mind about the level of their cunt status. They're entirely mutually exclusive.

Great post

7 hours ago, Dougle said:

Aye right I’m sure it’s nowt to do with you showing us what a virtuous, right on chap you are? The wearsider in you shines solidly through, as ever. Did you get your refund yet btw?

Sorry, forgot….  :rolleyes:

Busted. I was just trying to impress Dougle on the internet all along...

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Simpering? :lol:

I mean, it’s fine to not want Ashley to own your club, and also not want to replace him with MBS who is making a habit of murdering people who upset him.

Hopefully the PL folks are on his list

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Doesn’t make it right.

I appreciate I’m probably in the minority, and I’ve been through plenty of cognitive dissonance with this over the past 4 months, but replacing 1 cunt with a massively bigger cunt because he’s richer maybe isn’t the best idea in the long run 

I actually think fans would’ve found it easier to accept if there was a judgment based on things like human rights issues. But they weren’t applied to any of the other clubs’ owners and weren’t applied in this case. It’s the fact the league just refused to do anything to protect the interests of the top clubs to keep it a closed shop. And I’d take the Saudis’ money, for the club and for the city/wider region. The latter needs it even more than the former. Like Tom I see where you’re coming from though. I’m also a bit like Gloom in that it would be good for my kids to support something other than the husk of a club we have at present 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know why people aren’t more excited! 

Next season if we get off to a good start we can finish lower mid table & there’s always the threat of relegation should our form dip

and then we can do the same the season after. And the season after that etc etc :banana: 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

I actually think fans would’ve found it easier to accept if there was a judgment based on things like human rights issues. But they weren’t applied to any of the other clubs’ owners and weren’t applied in this case. It’s the fact the league just refused to do anything to protect the interests of the top clubs to keep it a closed shop. And I’d take the Saudis’ money, for the club and for the city/wider region. The latter needs it even more than the former. Like Tom I see where you’re coming from though. I’m also a bit like Gloom in that it would be good for my kids to support something other than the husk of a club we have at present 

I appreciate all of that, but where do you draw the line? 

Semi serious question. Do we let Kim Jong Un buy the club because he agrees to invest in the city as well? There’s a spectrum of being a cunt. Ashley is at one end. He exploits poor people who work for him for financial gain. That’s a few rungs down from chopping people up with a bone saw though.

Are we saying there is no crime too great to prevent us wanting money into our club? Is the theory that the crimes will happen anyway so we might as well benefit a sound one? Are we really at a place as a fan base where we call Kashoggi’s widow an attention seeking whore because she has an issue with this?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Doesn’t make it right.

Genuine question, as I can’t be arsed trawling through the thread, but were you dead set against the takeover before the bidder pulled out? Fair play, if so.

Most people on here registered serious concerns over Saudi Arabia owning the club but I think were willing to hold their noses given how much shite we have had to put up with supporting us.

I definitely agree that it would be sports washing and them owning us is not terribly palatable. However, the fact that there are a load of crooked owners in the PL already, and the whole league is no longer about football, I was in favour of the takeover even if any success would be sullied somewhat.

I suspect a lot of us felt that this was one final chance of actually deriving any enjoyment out of watching us, let alone winning something, and meant that we were willing to go along with it. I appreciate that makes me a hypocrite but I’m at the point where I just can’t be bothered with it anymore so I’d be willing to live with the hypocrisy if it meant no longer having to watch the likes of Yedlin, Manquillo, Joelinton and Ritchie.

• Like 1

I see Johnson has issued a statement through NUST that he would also like to see the Premier League make a statement on the currently failed Saudi takeover. Can only be a good thing, at least in terms of transparency, for their to be pressure from the top like this. I honestly didn't expect Johnson to get directly involved, but I suppose he needs the Saudi arms sales money to keep flowing to get you's in the UK out of the coming recession. On a side note he likely thinks it won't hurt his, admittedly meagre, popularity in the North East as well of course.

Edit. Of course if the Premier don't really have a legal reason to block it, then them having to explain themselves might actually pressure them into passing it.

Edited by Polarboy

35 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Genuine question, as I can’t be arsed trawling through the thread, but were you dead set against the takeover before the bidder pulled out? Fair play, if so.

Most people on here registered serious concerns over Saudi Arabia owning the club but I think were willing to hold their noses given how much shite we have had to put up with supporting us.

I absolutely hold my hands up that the initial thought of being the richest club in the world and signing Mbappe/Messi etc had me simpering ( ;) )

But with the benefit of hindsight, now that the takeover is fucked, there is some relief around NUF. not becoming the club with possibly THE worst/biggest dictator of any other football club in the world (And the argument that PIF and MBS are separate entities is bollocks)

Worth noting that I’m all for the PL being held to account over this if the bid was turned down for reasons other than human rights abuses or piracy issues.

The following 3 points can co-exist though

1 - I hate Ashley and want him out of my club

2 - I don’t want a murderous dictator owning my club

3 - I want the premier league held to account if they turned this bid down due to pressure from Bein/the top 6

I know that’s difficult for some of the simpletons to grasp, but not everything has to be a binary, either/or decision 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

Aren't Wolves and Southampton majority owned by Chinese investors? There's most likely very little difference in the type of control Xi Jinping has over business in China than the Saudi Prince has over business in Saudi. If I had to choose I'd say Xi Jinping has him beat. Muslim concentration camps, the constant murder of his citizens in general for any sort of dissent, Tibet, Taiwan, the constant attempts at expansion, the constant theft of intellectual property, their lies at the beginning of covid, the fact that he has much more global power to cause havoc etc.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I appreciate all of that, but where do you draw the line? 

Semi serious question. Do we let Kim Jong Un buy the club because he agrees to invest in the city as well? There’s a spectrum of being a cunt. Ashley is at one end. He exploits poor people who work for him for financial gain. That’s a few rungs down from chopping people up with a bone saw though.

Are we saying there is no crime too great to prevent us wanting money into our club? Is the theory that the crimes will happen anyway so we might as well benefit a sound one? Are we really at a place as a fan base where we call Kashoggi’s widow an attention seeking whore because she has an issue with this?

One thing I would say is that Ashley is about as bad as he can get away with. I dunno, it’s complex though. Dirty money is everywhere, isolating countries like Saudi Arabia only makes them worse on the whole. The idea of the money coming from somewhere with appalling human rights does make me and a lot of people deeply uncomfortable at the same time as well. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

One thing I would say is that Ashley is about as bad as he can get away with. I dunno, it’s complex though. Dirty money is everywhere, isolating countries like Saudi Arabia only makes them worse on the whole. The idea of the money coming from somewhere with appalling human rights does make me and a lot of people deeply uncomfortable at the same time as well. 

Yep. If Ashley could take over a middle eastern state and commit widespread humanitarian crimes in order to perpetuate his rule, I'm fairly convinced that he, along with most of our ruling class of elite billionaires and politicians, would do so. The difference here is that he hasn't had the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I absolutely hold my hands up that the initial thought of being the richest club in the world and signing Mbappe/Messi etc had me simpering ( ;) )

But with the benefit of hindsight, now that the takeover is fucked, there is some relief around NUF. not becoming the club with possibly THE worst/biggest dictator of any other football club in the world (And the argument that PIF and MBS are separate entities is bollocks)

Worth noting that I’m all for the PL being held to account over this if the bid was turned down for reasons other than human rights abuses or piracy issues.

The following 3 points can co-exist though

1 - I hate Ashley and want him out of my club

2 - I don’t want a murderous dictator owning my club

3 - I want the premier league held to account if they turned this bid down due to pressure from Bein/the top 6

I know that’s difficult for some of the simpletons to grasp, but not everything has to be a binary, either/or decision 

Yes, but that is the issue I have, it’s really easy to say that now that it isn’t happening. None of us were overly keen on MBS, but the thought of signing the big name players, the investment in the club and area, meant that we were willing to live with it even if we weren’t completely ok with it.

• Like 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official