Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

12 hours ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I think we're seeing a popular and unsubstantiated myth being rolled out here. 

TalkSport actually call you back and could they really run a 24/7/365 radio station on 50p a minute phone calls by irate supporters?

I reckon that, like every other commercial radio station, the vast majority of their income is from advertising. I can’t say I’m too surprised to find out where you get your :quotes: controversial views :quotes: from mind 

1 minute ago, BigMike said:

There are strong rumours coming out that the Saudis walked away from the deal and that the PL haven’t done anything wrong? 

This is the crisp thread mate.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BigMike said:

There are strong rumours coming out that the Saudis walked away from the deal and that the PL haven’t done anything wrong? 

Enjoy Burton, they said 

• Haha 1

The first thing to point out is there may be less to all this than meets the eye. Many of the world’s economies are bracing themselves for a deep and painful recession. The Covid-19 crisis has devastated Saudi Arabia’s oil revenues, driving a £22.3bn deficit in the second quarter of 2020. The International Monetary Fund estimates the economy could shrink by 6.8% this year. The country has already been forced to triple VAT and cut benefits. In this context, perhaps it has simply decided that ploughing untold fortunes into a huge, open-ended project with a worrying reliance on Jonjo Shelvey may not be the most propitious investment.

This seems to make a lot of sense. We probably all look like a bunch of whoppers now with the way we’ve been carrying on :unsure:

33 minutes ago, BigMike said:

The first thing to point out is there may be less to all this than meets the eye. Many of the world’s economies are bracing themselves for a deep and painful recession. The Covid-19 crisis has devastated Saudi Arabia’s oil revenues, driving a £22.3bn deficit in the second quarter of 2020. The International Monetary Fund estimates the economy could shrink by 6.8% this year. The country has already been forced to triple VAT and cut benefits. In this context, perhaps it has simply decided that ploughing untold fortunes into a huge, open-ended project with a worrying reliance on Jonjo Shelvey may not be the most propitious investment.

This seems to make a lot of sense. We probably all look like a bunch of whoppers now with the way we’ve been carrying on :unsure:

33 minutes ago, BigMike said:

Yeah they should wait until the economy recovers so they have to pay more. Terrible time for buyers.

28 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Yeah they should wait until the economy recovers so they have to pay more. Terrible time for buyers.

Personally I think they pulled the plug because they didn’t want to answer the questions regarding who ultimately would be in control. Suggests that the deal was shady in some respect. The economic uncertainty probably didn’t help. This, however, is baseless conjecture on my part. 

That being said it’s far more logical than some of the rubbish I’m reading. Some of our fans are only about a week away from declaring Richard Masters a reptilian who has taken human form and is in cahoots with Qatar and the Illuminati to stop NUFC from being taken over. 

10 minutes ago, BigMike said:

Personally I think they pulled the plug because they didn’t want to answer the questions regarding who ultimately would be in control. Suggests that the deal was shady in some respect. The economic uncertainty probably didn’t help. This, however, is baseless conjecture on my part. 

That being said it’s far more logical than some of the rubbish I’m reading. Some of our fans are only about a week away from declaring Richard Masters a reptilian who has taken human form and is in cahoots with Qatar and the Illuminati to stop NUFC from being taken over. 

I’d have thought Everton fans would be more arsed about their main rivals winning their 19th league title the season after their 6th European Cup. Although tbf the rivalry is a bit one-way 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d have thought Everton fans would be more arsed about their main rivals winning their 19th league title the season after their 6th European Cup. Although tbf the rivalry is a bit one-way 

Or the fact that they spent millions, appointed a good manager and still only finished a couple of points above an abysmally shit team like us. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigMike said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479sfra8dhu5aajk3zhm

• Haha 3

On 09/08/2020 at 14:27, Howay said:

:lol: These are the type of people that get paid for their opinions on football. 

Pissed off with a talksport presenter?

Better call Saul Steve.

:lol:

• Haha 4

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official